B's Depth Will Win them The Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

B's Depth Will Win them The Cup

After watching tonight I think there is little doubt that the team's depth is considerable. Now with Peverly on the 4th line even they can be considered a threat to score....very impressive....

As I have been saying since the beginning of the series...Bruins in 5.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: B's Depth Will Win them The Cup

Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Boucher is a great motivator and this TB team still has a ton of skill. If the B's do make it to the final dance -- I feel like the Western Conf is just way too talanted and powerful. Nothing I would like better that to prove me wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

well according to Ridingwiththeking or whatever his name is, depth doesn't matter, all you need is 5 good players...according to him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

And.....they are POUNDING the other teams physically. Prototypical Bruins hockey. They just wear their opponents down. This was a HUGE win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: B's Depth Will Win them The Cup:
    [QUOTE]well according to Ridingwiththeking or whatever his name is, depth doesn't matter, all you need is 5 good players...according to him
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess that puts me at odds with BurgerKing. Not even Van has this much up front, especially since Samuelsson is out now. PC has done well.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Boucher is a great motivator and this TB team still has a ton of skill. If the B's do make it to the final dance -- I feel like the Western Conf is just way too talanted and powerful. Nothing I would like better that to prove me wrong.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Just as the B's matchup well against T-bay, I say they match up best against the Canucks out of the west. AND.......Milan loves Vancouver. Just as I liked our chances against T-bay, I feel the same about playing Vancouver. SJ on the hand......not so much. They have had the Bruins number for awhile....

2 down, 2 to go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The guy is a hero there 4ever. Remember the welcome he got when the B's played there in the regular season? If it is a Van/B final I expect Lucic to have a big series....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]The guy is a hero there 4ever. Remember the welcome he got when the B's played there in the regular season? If it is a Van/B final I expect Lucic to have a big series....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Exactly JM. Last time out there he had a heck of game if I remember correctly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

B's v. Van....book it...I know some will say it is premature but I have been saying it since before the series started. TB is top-heavy with little depth, their d is supect, and Roly is prone to fatigue.....

B'S IN 5........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

I've said it often but this is definetly the best Bruins team since the
    Orr/ Esposito era !

If they can keep exposing Tampa's weakness (slow Defensemen) we should be able to finish them off in 5 games.

Boucher can no longer count on the 1 - 3 -1 trap !  The Bruins are getting through at will !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]well according to Ridingwiththeking or whatever his name is, depth doesn't matter, all you need is 5 good players...according to him
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

He doesn't know what he's talking about !  Hockey isn't baseball or baketball !

Teams with the best 3rd and 4th lines win Stanley cups !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]The guy is a hero there 4ever. Remember the welcome he got when the B's played there in the regular season? If it is a Van/B final I expect Lucic to have a big series....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Lucic is playing through an injury...and at times it shows. Hope we can take a 3-1 lead so there's at least a possibiity that they can rest him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Exactly, if we can with this and get Vancouver we are golden.  We don't want the Sharks, they handle us and they are a big team.   Bring on Vancouver of course after Tampa.  1 day at a time...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Depth Will Win them The Cup : Just as the B's matchup well against T-bay, I say they match up best against the Canucks out of the west. AND.......Milan loves Vancouver. Just as I liked our chances against T-bay, I feel the same about playing Vancouver. SJ on the hand......not so much. They have had the Bruins number for awhile.... 2 down, 2 to go!
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Depth Will Win them The Cup : Lucic is playing through an injury...and at times it shows. Hope we can take a 3-1 lead so there's at least a possibiity that they can rest him.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

I noticed in the first two periods that Lucic didn't have the extra step, and he actually did look like he might have an injury.   In the third though I thought he picked up his game.

The Bruins have three different lines that are legitimate game changers, plus outstanding defense and a great goalie.   If they can keep Tampa's top scorers from getting behind the D and converting odd man rushes they should be able to make it through to the cup finals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Depth Will Win them The Cup : Lucic is playing through an injury...and at times it shows. Hope we can take a 3-1 lead so there's at least a possibiity that they can rest him.
    I thought Lucic was dominating physically last night. BTW did anyone else see him going after Downie last night after Downie shot the puck at Thomas?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Looch was a BEAST last night! I'd say his best game of the play-offs overall. Keeping that puck in the zone for that 2nd goal? Fantastic stuff!

I have to agree with most here. We do match up better against the Nuks. However; SanJose looks tired. I think that Detroit series took a lot out of them. If they should happen to come back & win? That'll be another 5 games they'll be playing. I honestly think after last night. The B's have found their groove. They played as perfect of a game you can; if you break down how they played in the 3 zones! BY FAR their best game of the play-offs.
    This team is starting to remind me of the 2001' Avalanche. It's the Bruins time. That's right I'm going to jump on Stanley's bandwagon & say the B's are winning the cup this year. Just the way things are going for them I just have that feeling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Geez, don't jinx 'em!  Laughing

It doesn't hurt that we've stayed pretty healthy, too...though I'm probably forgetting some injuries from the last postseason...  Sturm and Krejci obviously went down and then Seidenberg was out from the start.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, it seems pretty obvious he is not himself and has not been for a while. He is usually very productive in the post-season but is just missing that extra gear this year. Good thing we do not have to rely solely on him for goals, even less so now with the emergence of Seguin....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Depth Will Win them The Cup : I thought Lucic was dominating physically last night. BTW did anyone else see him going after Downie last night after Downie shot the puck at Thomas?
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

Did anyone see Lucic stop ,grimace and then willed himself to go after the puck carrier . 2nd period.  He looked like he was in pain. Not sure if it's his ankle or shoulder though.  He did look better in the 3rd period which means he may have gotten a shot of something during the intermisiion. 

WE NEED HIM HEALTHY to BEAT  Vancouver !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the bruins are mariana trenches deep- i will say, i saw a cup slipping away after that hit krejci took. he came back from that and played great though, no ill effects at all. they need every piece, look what a difference bergy was in team defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

6 more W's and Tim Thomas steals the Stanley!!!!

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Since Seguin exploded in Game 2, doesn't this team look awesome?  And then they get Bergeron back - yes!  Let's finish this series fast.  I think we need some extra time off for injuries - Lucic is dealing with something.  For sure.