B's Diving/Embelishing (Conspiracy)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

B's Diving/Embelishing (Conspiracy)

I just posted in another unrelatee thread that it appears the B's have been embelishing more often then is there norm.  It seems to me that they have been embellishing particularly against teams and players who have a reputation for it.  I don't have a lot of specific examples, but upon watching the most recent Canadiens game I thought embelishment played a large role in many of the powerplay opportunities.  I thought certain calls in the Philly game were helped along.  I thought they did some of this against Buffalo.  It is my uneducated guess that they are trying to send a message to some of these teams that Diving/Embelishing is not a unique/rare skill, it is a game we are capable of playing if need be.  Another possibility is that they are sending the same type of message to the refs/league.

I could toatally be imagining this but I was wondering if anyone else sensed something similar since the Paciorety hit.

I am sure many of you may think I'm crazy, feel free to disagree, but please no attacks, I gave everyone fair warning that this thread was potentially of a conspiratorial nature. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: B's Diving/Embelishing (Conspiracy)

I saw marchand dive pretty bad to get a call last game but other than that I don't see it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

You know, I thought I noticed this too lately, and I was wondering if something was said by someone, kind of like "Look, the league is calling it one way, period!  It doesnt help to NOT go down.  We are ONLY hurting ourselves.  Go out there and 'DRAW PENALTIES' like the other team!"

Wouldnt be surprised because, lets be honest, the league hasnt got a clue as to what a TRUE hook, slash or holding is.  The frig-up MOST calls nightly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: B's Diving/Embelishing (Conspiracy):
    [QUOTE]You know, I thought I noticed this too lately, and I was wondering if something was said by someone, kind of like "Look, the league is calling it one way, period!  It doesnt help to NOT go down.  We are ONLY hurting ourselves.  Go out there and 'DRAW PENALTIES' like the other team!" Wouldnt be surprised because, lets be honest, the league hasnt got a clue as to what a TRUE hook, slash or holding is.  The frig-up MOST calls nightly.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I'll take it, even if only one other person in the world thinks they might be seeing the same type of thing, makes me feel a little less insane.

Thanks BigVig.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I do feel that the Bruins integrity skating through light checks and stick checks the way there supposed to, has hurt them many times, particularly agains the Buffaloes and Canadiens of the league.  It's one of Jack's few rants which I am totally on board for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

There may be an occasional dive but they don't come close to diving as much as most teams.  2 great examples: Seguin's ear almost tearing off after a hit by HOlmquist and TS just shook his head and took a deep breath.  #2: Thorton tonight getting his forehead sliced open, gets up and tries to take on a punk on the CHI bench while on his way to get stiches.   No word yet on whether ST suffered a 'serious' injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Boy it really worked tonight--- Blackhawks had NO penalties--- ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yawn. non story.

Bruins players have dived in the past plenty of times. This is called "selective memory"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

When in Rome...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]There may be an occasional dive but they don't come close to diving as much as most teams.  2 great examples: Seguin's ear almost tearing off after a hit by HOlmquist and TS just shook his head and took a deep breath.  #2: Thorton tonight getting his forehead sliced open, gets up and tries to take on a punk on the CHI bench while on his way to get stiches.   No word yet on whether ST suffered a 'serious' injury.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Yeah,again I don't think this is our natural MO, I think it only seems to happen against the teams who are clearly diving over every stick they can reach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Every team has guys who dive. Some are worse than others (Maxim Lapierre comes to mind, and yes, Brad Marchand has been making it an art form since his days in Moncton) but it's sadly the way of the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

If the refs would call the diving penalty this wouldn't be a problem. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I don't see it as a regular Happening for the Bruins. I've clearly noticed it with The Habs, but it seems that the calls are inconsistent. Being a hockey referee is not as straightforward as other sports due to the speed, plus the adjustments to the rules in the last few years. At one time, multiple years ago, the players knew what each ref would allow or call. With a number of relatively new refs that predictability is gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why is their a diving penaty on the books if the refs won't call it? it would definitely curb the tendency. i can't remember it being called once this year, and the only other time i can recall it was called along with the original penalty? how dumb is that? not much of a deterent if it's a matching penalty. the refs have to grow some nuts...and make the call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]If the refs would call the diving penalty this wouldn't be a problem. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

There's the definitive answer.  Refs:  call the silliness and it ends.

Compared to the Habs' and Bolts' diving prowess, the Bruins are rank amateurs at best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Thornton def embellished that gash on his face requiring 40 stitches

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Thornton def embellished that gash on his face requiring 40 stitches
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    I think he did the wrestling move and pulled out a razor blade and cut himself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from negler41. Show negler41's posts

The problem to me is that they never call diving without also calling the other penalty for hooking, holding, etc....therefore, to some teams there is no downside to getting called for the dive. 

Think about it from the Habs perspective.  If you dive, you might get a 5 on 4 PP for your team.  Worst case scenario you get a 4 on 4.  Where's the downside if you're a quick team who LOVES 4 on 4 play?

Call the dive and not the other penalty and diving would decrease considerably.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It's not quite soccer, but I seem to have noticed the diving more over the last few years across the league as well (yes, including here). With the emphasis on special teams, its really not surprising.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Diving/Embelishing (Conspiracy) : I think he did the wrestling move and pulled out a razor blade and cut himself.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Looked like it to me - should have had a two-minute minor for embellishing, a game misconduct for endangering another player's skate, and an undisclosed fine for unsportsmanlike use of stitching material.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]The problem to me is that they never call diving without also calling the other penalty for hooking, holding, etc....therefore, to some teams there is no downside to getting called for the dive.  Think about it from the Habs perspective.  If you dive, you might get a 5 on 4 PP for your team.  Worst case scenario you get a 4 on 4.  Where's the downside if you're a quick team who LOVES 4 on 4 play? Call the dive and not the other penalty and diving would decrease considerably.
    Posted by negler41[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and the others who expressed this sentiment.  I have no expectation it will be fixed in the postseason.  there is a slim chance that they will simply let the 'offender' go more often in the postseason, but generally when postseason officiating is different then regular season officiating they start transitioning in crunch time of the regular season.  I have seen no sign of that.  There is also a slim chance they may focus on it in the offseason, but I doubt there going to press refs on two major issues in the same offseason.