B's players pts distributed this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: B's players pts distributed this season

In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season:
    [QUOTE]If I led anyone to believe that I thought Thomas wasn't a really good goalie, I apologize, as that is not my standpoint. To say he was phenomenal depends on your definition of phenomenal. He definititely had a great season and was one of the elite goaltenders in the league. However it seems like people think that for the 2011 season, Tim Thomas was the most dominant goalie in the history of the game. The statistics suggest this might be true, I don't think it is. It would be crazy to deny that the Bruins system increases goaltenders save percentages by forcing lots of lower percentage shots. That would mean that Tim Thomas was the sole reason taht the Bruins gave up the 2nd most shots in the league, and allowed the 2nd fewest goals. He was certainly a part of that.  Is anyone really going to say that the bruins defensive structure, the strong 2 way play of their centers, and a guy named zdeno chara had nothing to do with that? The stats of Thomas are inflated, as are all goalies stats taht play for the bruins. Still a great goalie, but not as dominant as his stats would suggest
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]
     So when the B's got outshot 26-2 in the 3rd period against Wash during that 11 season & won the game 3-2  that's not being dominant? You really have to get off the crack! So Mario & Wayne had padded stats & weren't really that dominant, because Kurri, Stevens, Jagr & Nicolos played with them right? And you brought up Alex Auld! If the B's system is so dominant why weren't his stats better? Did you get 32 min for arguing an off-side call too? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season :  So when the B's got outshot 26-2 in the 3rd period against Wash during that 11 season & won the game 3-2  that's not being dominant? You really have to get off the crack! So Mario & Wayne had padded stats & weren't really that dominant, because Kurri, Stevens, Jagr & Nicolos played with them right? And you brought up Alex Auld! If the B's system is so dominant why weren't his stats better? Did you get 32 min for arguing an off-side call too? 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

take a close look at the statement of mine you highlighted. I said he wasn't AS dominant as the stats suggest, which basically means I think there is a certain degree of dominance there. There are going to be games, periods, shifts, where my point will make no sense, and the majority of the shots will be high percentage shots. However, of all teams in the NHL, the Bruins goaltender, whoever that may be, faces the most low percentage shots. In other words, the degree of difficulty is lesser for every bruins goaltender. The statistics suggest taht that is fact. Nitemare, I know thomas is your guy, you always kind of defended him a little too much. There's nothing wrong with have a really really good goalie, who's off the charts stats were skewed a little bit. It's not like anyone is suggesting he's bad. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ya take one line out of a 10 sentence defense out of context. With no argument sounds like your a knowlegable poster. Bcs kampfer a guy after getting traded to minn played 18 mins of ice time deff a awful player he should pack his bags and go home bcs dezaruchi watches ten games a season. Name one player that is a quality backup for bruins on d? Your basing the whole defense as being better on 19 year old that hasnt played one game in the nhl... Now thats priceless what happens when someone on the d gets injured i guess a 6th dman will appear out of thin air....PRICELESS.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]
    Kampfer dressed for 13 games in Minny. Their D was awful. Yeah, he's a world beater. I don't remember stating any opinion other than that but hey, good luck keeping your shyte together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : the 7th dman? that's what you're basing this on? are you high? That's ludicrous in principle, forget that Kampfer was an absolute nothing. Aaron Johnson, the guy the bruins signed (i'm sure this is the first you're hearing of this, but i pay attention to such things) is probably better than him, and with much more experience. I can't believe I justified that with a response. 
     Ya you mean aaron johnson the worst defensive dmen on the 3rd worst defensive team in the league ya... that guy. Sure he will be an all star next year, looks like he fit in with a defense first team like the bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : the 7th dman? that's what you're basing this on? are you high? That's ludicrous in principle, forget that Kampfer was an absolute nothing. Aaron Johnson, the guy the bruins signed (i'm sure this is the first you're hearing of this, but i pay attention to such things) is probably better than him, and with much more experience. I can't believe I justified that with a response. 
    Exelby is also more useful than Kampfer if the team is in that much of a bind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : take a close look at the statement of mine you highlighted. I said he wasn't AS dominant as the stats suggest, which basically means I think there is a certain degree of dominance there. There are going to be games, periods, shifts, where my point will make no sense, and the majority of the shots will be high percentage shots. However, of all teams in the NHL, the Bruins goaltender, whoever that may be, faces the most low percentage shots. In other words, the degree of difficulty is lesser for every bruins goaltender. The statistics suggest taht that is fact. Nitemare, I know thomas is your guy, you always kind of defended him a little too much. There's nothing wrong with have a really really good goalie, who's off the charts stats were skewed a little bit. It's not like anyone is suggesting he's bad. 

Guess his stats were fake then, must have been made up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Exelby is also more useful than Kampfer if the team is in that much of a bind.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
     O... ya i would deff want to rely on someone that hasnt played an nhl game in 2yrs great argument. Really impressive....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Guess his stats were fake then, must have been made up
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

dude do you have brain damange? have you been following this discussion at all? or do you not understand the concept of outside forces effecting statistics. For example do you think Tyler Seguin is a +34 player, or do you think it had something to do with being on the ice with Bergeron, Chara, and yes, Tim Thomas, who effects that statistic dramatically. Ugh, I can't believe I dignified that with a response. You can't understand (or more likely, refuse to) really simple concepts. I'm done wasting my time explainig stuff as simple as 2+2=4

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season :  O... ya i would deff want to rely on someone that hasnt played an nhl game in 2yrs great argument. Really impressive....
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]
    Said the guy who thinks the Bruins D is in trouble because Kampfer is gone.....it sounds dumber the more I think about it. Thanks for the laughs on a rainy day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : dude do you have brain damange? have you been following this discussion at all? or do you not understand the concept of outside forces effecting statistics. For example do you think Tyler Seguin is a +34 player, or do you think it had something to do with being on the ice with Bergeron, Chara, and yes, Tim Thomas, who effects that statistic dramatically. Ugh, I can't believe I dignified that with a response. You can't understand (or more likely, refuse to) really simple concepts. I'm done wasting my time explainig stuff as simple as 2+2=4

No it seems you only use stats when they favor your argument. Then when they favor someone else they dont matter. Its called being a hyporcit, who won the selke trophy?? Who lead the league in +/-? seems like a good correlation to me, pretty sure bergy wasnt on the ice by himself this year. bergy, march and seguin are all good defensively otherwise they would have not been the best +/- line in hockey. Get a clue one player doesnt carry an entire line on defense.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Said the guy who thinks the Bruins D is in trouble because Kampfer is gone.....it sounds dumber the more I think about it. Thanks for the laughs on a rainy day.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Trouble???? guess making up stuff ismt beyond you... Find that in my post please there goes your credibility

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Trouble???? guess making up stuff ismt beyond you... Find that in my post please there goes your credibility
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

you've hitched your entire argument on the bruins d corps (actually, you said core) getting worse. When asked how they got worse, you said because hamilton is replacing corvo, quickly realized that you should have watched more than 4 games last year, and went back on that and said losing kampfer was the main reason the blue line situation was worse...you either haven't watched a game in a long long time, are a troll, or an absolute fool. whichever of the three it is, keep it to yourself, i don't care

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]Id say barring anything miraclous anton k will not post under a 2.4 gaa. Just IMO i mean he couldnt post under a 2.6 in the ahl. Even with a defensive sceme like the bruins have he will be left hanging when chara isnt on the ice. Chara is one of the big reasons the bruins goalies always post low gaa. IMO he will not be able to fill the shoes of rask as a top tier backup in the league. If he does id be glad to say i was wrong bcs if he can be as reliable as rask then my bs will be sitting pretty this year. I honesly like mike hutchinson more than anton k in fact if he doesn produce i could see this kid coming up and starting a couple games. Kid pretty much embarresed anton k in prov. posted a 2.36gaa in 29 games those are the type of numbers rask was putting up in prov. As for the bruins defensive core getting worse it is based on the fact that last season we had a solid backup in kampfer. This season we have a bunch of ahl boarder line guys and a rookie who in a couple seasons will be a dominant player. But it will take time for him to develop his nhl game, IMO i dont think he will post the numbers corvo did last season. Watching hamilton play in the WJC and other games, he was beat at least twice a game back to the net and left his goaltender hanging. Kid is GOING to be a stud but i wouldnt be surprised if it took him a year like it did seguin to reach that point. So ya id would say our defensive core got worse. If we lose a dman who are they replacing them with??? One injury and our d lineup looks pretty shaky.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

wrong agian all in the same post.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Just add it to the list:

Jr thinks the defense is better

the goalies are better

and the bruins will as dominate offensviely as last year

As well he thinks tt is overrated

and stats dont matter..hmmm did i miss anything...

Okay so ill check back with you in 2013 the bruins will have to be 2nd in goals a game. Better than 6th in goals against. And no matter what rask does wont matter bcs the defense carried his stats all year long... Gotcha big guy see ya in  april

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Trouble???? guess making up stuff ismt beyond you... Find that in my post please there goes your credibility
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

bruins8 had a problem with this also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : take a close look at the statement of mine you highlighted. I said he wasn't AS dominant as the stats suggest, which basically means I think there is a certain degree of dominance there. There are going to be games, periods, shifts, where my point will make no sense, and the majority of the shots will be high percentage shots. However, of all teams in the NHL, the Bruins goaltender, whoever that may be, faces the most low percentage shots. In other words, the degree of difficulty is lesser for every bruins goaltender. The statistics suggest taht that is fact. Nitemare, I know thomas is your guy, you always kind of defended him a little too much. There's nothing wrong with have a really really good goalie, who's off the charts stats were skewed a little bit. It's not like anyone is suggesting he's bad. 
    OK JR, but that broad statement can go with any athlete who plays on a team game. It's a cop out & an excuse not to say you're wrong! In the 2011 season TT DOMINATED his position from start to finish just as Quick did this year. IF LA had of finished with more wins he would've won the Vezina too!! In the past 4 seasons who's won more goaltending hardware than TT?! Hook, line & sinker! The guy was as dominant as you can get playing a position on a team sport! Yes, I have defended TT, but I've also show some objectiveness & say where the guy is wrong too. I refuse to take anything away from the guy that he's earned. I'll leave that to the jarhead fans like you! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]
    OK, to be clear then, you're saying the Bruins D will be worse but it doesn't trouble you at all? Well, I'm glad you clarified. That makes way more sense........actually it makes about as much sense as trying to build a team around Phil Kessel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : OK JR, but that broad statement can go with any athlete who plays on a team game. It's a cop out & an excuse not to say you're wrong! In the 2011 season TT DOMINATED his position from start to finish just as Quick did this year. IF LA had of finished with more wins he would've won the Vezina too!! In the past 4 seasons who's won more goaltending hardware than TT?! Hook, line & sinker! The guy was as dominant as you can get playing a position on a team sport! Yes, I have defended TT, but I've also show some objectiveness & say where the guy is wrong too. I refuse to take anything away from the guy that he's earned. I'll leave that to the jarhead fans like you! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

for a few years, tim thomas was indeed elite. Top 3 at his position easily. I'm still going to take henrik as number one, but it's a very close debate. I went back and read some of my posts, and I must say I got very off topic. I didn't mean for this to turn into TT bashing. certainly not. My main point was that the Bruins have a combination of personel and system that is unbelievably ideal for a goalie. I don't say that now to take away from TT's accomplishments, but to express my optimism about the goaltending situation now. The system is built for Tuukka to thrive, and I think he's going to do well. He's so sound technically that I think he is set up to put up some good numbers. He won't make as many of the theatrical saves, but I think he'll do a really good job.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season:[QUOTE] Id say barring anything miraclous anton k will not post under a 2.4 gaa. Just IMO i mean he couldnt post under a 2.6 in the ahl. I honesly like mike hutchinson more than anton k in fact if he doesn produce i could see this kid coming up and starting a couple games. Kid pretty much embarresed anton k in prov. posted a 2.36gaa in 29 games those are the type of numbers rask was putting up in prov.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

Khudobin's GAA and save % in Houston was very good. Two reasons why Hutchinson got passed over for Khudobin were A) Rask was never going to be sent down just so Hutchinson could get some NHL starts especially after Michael's horrendous first year in Providence 3.13 GAA and .904 save %.

B) Khudobin did get starts in the NHL with the Wild and he damn sure made the best of it, .086 GAA and then .979 save % (one of those starts was against the Canucks) in his first two tries. Khudobin's next 4 NHL starts in Minnesota 1.59 GAA and a .942 save %!

Your comparison of the two is way off, there is now way someone could watch those two and say Michael is preferred. Hutchinson, as of today, couldn't carry Khudobin's jock not even close!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree San...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

heyoo, I have read through this thread and you are contradicting yourself. You bolded parts of your post to show your point and ignore the part that shows what you said.

The Bruins defense did not get worse. They are going to have a healthy McQuaid and no more uh-oh Joe. Removing Corvo is addition by subtraction IMO. Adding any of the d-men in the system would be better for the team, also IMO. Hamilton, Krug, and Bartkowski stand out as being good call-ups. Krug looked very impressive in his few starts with the Bruins last season.

The Bruins offense won't be improved? What because we lost Pou bear? Oh no, we are so screwed because we lost the wacky-waving-inflatable-arm-flailing-tube-man. We are going to have a healthy Horton and Caron, Spooner, Bourque, Knight, Sauve, etc that could be called upon to fill in. I think that with Seguin's emergence, Marchand's continued growth, Lucic's continued solid play, Bergeron's continued dominance, and Krejci finding his stride for a full season they will be in good shape.

I see no reason why anyone whould think any of those pieces are going to be worse next season?

The only question mark in my mind is the goaltending. I am inclined to believe that Rask and Khudobin will step in and really get the job done. Rask should easily emerge as one of the elite goal tenders in the league. Not too mention the fact that in numerous player polls Rask is consistently listed as one of the tougher goalies in the game to play agaisnt. I really liked what I saw from Khudobin in his start last season. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is having the Bruins get Turco as a goaltending consultant to teach our guys how to handle the puck. I swear every time one of our goalies would go play the puck I would have a heart attack because they were so dreadful at controlling it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Just bcs i believe the d has gotten worse this year doesnt mean i think it will be terrible. The bruins will still win the division and make the playoffs. I am just not of the group that thinks th bruins got better at any position, they for the most part have remained the same in the forward department, gotten a "little" bit worse on the d side of the puck and the goalies have gotten "worse" as well. Overall we still have a solid team and will compete with every team in the league. But one small injury could throw the bruins in a tail spin just IMO.

As for hutch not being able to hold anton jock strap they played on the same team last year in the same league and hutch's numbers were by far better. So i dont exaclty understand how someone who is a better goalie in the ahl last year and not be considered on the same level of the guy they out played the entire year. Be like saying cory schneider cant hold loungo's jock strap even though all his numbers were better and they were on the same team, same league.