B's players pts distributed this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

Re: B's players pts distributed this season

In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season:
    [QUOTE]Just bcs i believe the d has gotten worse this year doesnt mean i think it will be terrible. The bruins will still win the division and make the playoffs. I am just not of the group that thinks th bruins got better at any position, they for the most part have remained the same in the forward department, gotten a "little" bit worse on the d side of the puck and the goalies have gotten "worse" as well. Overall we still have a solid team and will compete with every team in the league. But one small injury could throw the bruins in a tail spin just IMO. As for hutch not being able to hold anton jock strap they played on the same team last year in the same league and hutch's numbers were by far better. So i dont exaclty understand how someone who is a better goalie in the ahl last year and not be considered on the same level of the guy they out played the entire year. Be like saying cory schneider cant hold loungo's jock strap even though all his numbers were better and they were on the same team, same league.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

forwards stayed the same...except for, you know, that first liner 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Hutchinson were playing better he would not have been sent to the ECHL last season for a rehab assignment (not for injury) and he would've been given more starts than Khudobin. Antoine has been given NHL starts for a reason and has excelled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Just bcs i believe the d has gotten worse this year doesnt mean i think it will be terrible. The bruins will still win the division and make the playoffs. I am just not of the group that thinks th bruins got better at any position, they for the most part have remained the same in the forward department, gotten a "little" bit worse on the d side of the puck and the goalies have gotten "worse" as well. Overall we still have a solid team and will compete with every team in the league. But one small injury could throw the bruins in a tail spin just IMO. As for hutch not being able to hold anton jock strap they played on the same team last year in the same league and hutch's numbers were by far better. So i dont exaclty understand how someone who is a better goalie in the ahl last year and not be considered on the same level of the guy they out played the entire year. Be like saying cory schneider cant hold loungo's jock strap even though all his numbers were better and they were on the same team, same league.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

The only reason/fact you've pointed out to suggest the D has gotten is worse is that our stud Kampfer is gone.

I cited several reasons that they have in-fact improved. I'm not understanding how a team can get worse by getting rid of a free riding D man and a 7th D who played in less than half a full season at the NHL level. If anything McQuaid being older, Ference in a contract year, adding any of Hamilton/Krug et al. is a definite improvement over Corvo and Kampfer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think point production this year will be pretty similar to last year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Seguin- 38/43/81
    Bergeron- 26/47/73
    Krejci- 12/32/44
    Marchand- 25/27/52
    Lucic- 28/30/58
    Horton- 20/26/46
    Chara- 10/31/41
    Peverly- 12/23/35
    Kelly- 13/17/30
    Caron- 17/15/32
    Hamilton- 7/22/29
    Seidenberg- 5/19/21
    Ference- 4/15/18
    Boychuk- 10/11/21
    McQuaid- 3/9/12
    Campbell- 8/12/20
    Paille- 10/9/19
    Thornton- 45/55/100

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : for a few years, tim thomas was indeed elite. Top 3 at his position easily. I'm still going to take henrik as number one, but it's a very close debate. I went back and read some of my posts, and I must say I got very off topic. I didn't mean for this to turn into TT bashing. certainly not. My main point was that the Bruins have a combination of personel and system that is unbelievably ideal for a goalie. I don't say that now to take away from TT's accomplishments, but to express my optimism about the goaltending situation now. The system is built for Tuukka to thrive, and I think he's going to do well. He's so sound technically that I think he is set up to put up some good numbers. He won't make as many of the theatrical saves, but I think he'll do a really good job.
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]
    Much better explaination & I respect your assessment when you word it this way. Going with Lundqvist over TT is not something I'm willing to get into a peeing match over, because I don't think you can go wrong with either guy. I'd close my eyes & spin around & make people shuffle them around & I wouldn't care who I picked for a game 7. There's 2 goalie's that I wouldn't want the B's to face in the play-offs. Lundqvist & Quick. I like Rinne a lot too, but he doesn't scare me a much as the other 2. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin- 38/43/81 Bergeron- 26/47/73 Krejci- 12/32/44 Marchand- 25/27/52 Lucic- 28/30/58 Horton- 20/26/46 Chara- 10/31/41 Peverly- 12/23/35 Kelly- 13/17/30 Caron- 17/15/32 Hamilton- 7/22/29 Seidenberg- 5/19/21 Ference- 4/15/18 Boychuk- 10/11/21 McQuaid- 3/9/12 Campbell- 8/12/20 Paille- 10/9/19 Thornton- 45/55/100
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    You think Caron & Kelly are going to out score DK? Really? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : The only reason/fact you've pointed out to suggest the D has gotten is worse is that our stud Kampfer is gone. I cited several reasons that they have in-fact improved. I'm not understanding how a team can get worse by getting rid of a free riding D man and a 7th D who played in less than half a full season at the NHL level. If anything McQuaid being older, Ference in a contract year, adding any of Hamilton/Krug et al. is a definite improvement over Corvo and Kampfer.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

If you think that hamilton in his first season in the league will post 25pts with a +13 then your crazy... That is the prodcution hamilton has to fill

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : forwards stayed the same...except for, you know, that first liner 

As i remmber horton played last season so what changed on the first line??? He got injured but he played more than half the season. What changed interms of forwards that will make a difference?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

There doesnt even have to be an argument anymore we will wait until april and see if the bruins are 2nd in the entire league in goals per game if not i was right and you guys were wrong same goes for the bruins if they are not 6th in the league for goals against. Its an easy problem saver we will come back to it in april......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : for a few years, tim thomas was indeed elite. Top 3 at his position easily. I'm still going to take henrik as number one, but it's a very close debate. I went back and read some of my posts, and I must say I got very off topic. I didn't mean for this to turn into TT bashing. certainly not. My main point was that the Bruins have a combination of personel and system that is unbelievably ideal for a goalie. I don't say that now to take away from TT's accomplishments, but to express my optimism about the goaltending situation now. The system is built for Tuukka to thrive, and I think he's going to do well. He's so sound technically that I think he is set up to put up some good numbers. He won't make as many of the theatrical saves, but I think he'll do a really good job.

Well said, I'm just not sure one can point to a combination of system and personnel as a reason to give Lundqvist the nod over Thomas. Rangers don't exactly play a run n gun style themselves. they block a ton of shots.  It certainly isnt enough of a difference in styles to warrant a case against all the hardware TT has over Lundqvist. just my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Two great goalies playing in two great systems. The only time I would have given Lundqvist the edge is last season, or head-to-head. Henrick is lights out against the Bruins.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Well said, I'm just not sure one can point to a combination of system and personnel as a reason to give Lundqvist the nod over Thomas. Rangers don't exactly play a run n gun style themselves. they block a ton of shots.  It certainly isnt enough of a difference in styles to warrant a case against all the hardware TT has over Lundqvist. just my opinion.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Why do you think Krejci and Peverley will suddenly become much poorer players? A 50% drop in production is quite dramatic.

[QUOTE]Seguin- 38/43/81 Bergeron- 26/47/73 Krejci- 12/32/44 Marchand- 25/27/52 Lucic- 28/30/58 Horton- 20/26/46 Chara- 10/31/41 Peverly- 12/23/35 Kelly- 13/17/30 Caron- 17/15/32 Hamilton- 7/22/29 Seidenberg- 5/19/21 Ference- 4/15/18 Boychuk- 10/11/21 McQuaid- 3/9/12 Campbell- 8/12/20 Paille- 10/9/19 Thornton- 45/55/100
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you think Krejci and Peverley will suddenly become much poorer players? A 50% drop in production is quite dramatic. In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I think my projections for Peverley are reasonable. Pretty decent numbers for a third liner.

The Krejci projection is a test that I won't bother to explain cause it's kinda weird and wouldn't make sense to anyone but me. I know that also makes no sense but just ignore it lol.

Assuming Krejci stays healthy I'd expect close to 20 goals and around 55-60 points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

I have a feeling pevs is going to be the most productive third liner on the team. If he had played 82 games last season he would have been in the top 3 scoring players on the team. Im not a fan of krejci but he will remain in the 60pt range. Is that suppose be joe thorntons numbers or shawn thorntons numbers?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : As i remmber horton played last season so what changed on the first line??? He got injured but he played more than half the season. What changed interms of forwards that will make a difference?
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

yup. Horton played the first half of the season...you may remember, if you were watching, the bruins were pretty much head and shoulders above every other team in the NHL at that point, didn't they have a 14 game win streak?

So let me get this straight, Pittsburgh is much improved because Crosby is coming back. The same Crosby that was on Pittsburgh when they lost in 6 to the very average Flyers. However, Horton is coming back to the bruins, who struggled without him, but with him in the lineup looked like the best team in the NHL, got worse? interesting, I am looking forward to hearing you explain your reasoning, it should be insightful.

On to Hamilton - are you of the opinion that point production is all that matters when evaluating D-men? It seems that way, you keep on bringing up 25 points and a +13 like it means Corvo was good. Corvo, in a word, was horrendous. He earned the name "uh oh corvo." He played on a really superior team, which is why his plus minus was decent, but he was the worst d man thats been with the bruins for a while. Hamilton could easily, and i mean very easily have a better year than Corvo did without showing up on the scoresheet once. Having said that, I ABSOLUTELY think he can get 25 points. Have you heard anything about this guy? 72 points in 50 games in the OHL is unreal for a d man. 

the following is a list of the top defensemen scorers in the NHL this season that played in major junior, and their point total in their last year:

Brian Campbell - last year in OHL: 14-39-53 in 66 games. 
    Dustin Byfuglien - not sure but i believe he was a forward in junior - 22-36-58 in 66 games. 
    Pietrangelo - OHL - 8-21-29 in 36 games
    Weber - WHL - 12-29-41 in 55 games. 

i could go on and on, but the point is, Hamilton's numbers (and we know you love numbers) are off the charts and he's also pushing 6'6"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : yup. Horton played the first half of the season...you may remember, if you were watching, the bruins were pretty much head and shoulders above every other team in the NHL at that point, didn't they have a 14 game win streak? So let me get this straight, Pittsburgh is much improved because Crosby is coming back. The same Crosby that was on Pittsburgh when they lost in 6 to the very average Flyers. However, Horton is coming back to the bruins, who struggled without him, but with him in the lineup looked like the best team in the NHL, got worse? interesting, I am looking forward to hearing you explain your reasoning, it should be insightful. On to Hamilton - are you of the opinion that point production is all that matters when evaluating D-men? It seems that way, you keep on bringing up 25 points and a +13 like it means Corvo was good. Corvo, in a word, was horrendous. He earned the name "uh oh corvo." He played on a really superior team, which is why his plus minus was decent, but he was the worst d man thats been with the bruins for a while. Hamilton could easily, and i mean very easily have a better year than Corvo did without showing up on the scoresheet once. Having said that, I ABSOLUTELY think he can get 25 points. Have you heard anything about this guy? 72 points in 50 games in the OHL is unreal for a d man.  the following is a list of the top defensemen scorers in the NHL this season that played in major junior, and their point total in their last year: Brian Campbell - last year in OHL: 14-39-53 in 66 games.  Dustin Byfuglien - not sure but i believe he was a forward in junior - 22-36-58 in 66 games.  Pietrangelo - OHL - 8-21-29 in 36 games Weber - WHL - 12-29-41 in 55 games.  i could go on and on, but the point is, Hamilton's numbers (and we know you love numbers) are off the charts and he's also pushing 6'6"

The bruins also started the season 3-7 with horton in the lineup as well.

Do you know what brain campbell, dustin byfuglien, pietrangelo and weber all have in common. Not one of them every played full time in the nhl a year fater getting drafted. It took campbell 5 years from when he was drafted to be a full time nhl player. It took weber 3 years, dustin 4 years and pietrangelo 2years. So you pretty muhc just helped my argument pal. A group of the best nhl dmen couldnt become solid everyday dmen at 19 what makes you think hamilton can. Watching the wjc you would have seen hamitlon get blown by on the d side of the puck in three games atleast 8 times. He post great pts totals but his defensive game is incomplete. Like seguin his first year will be used primarily to develop his defesnive game. Seguin only had 22pts his first year in the league. He will be paired with mcquaid most likely which means he will not have an offensive impact on the game at all. If he struggles defensively cj will have no problem putting him on the bench just like he did with seguin. So no he will not fill in corvos numbers. Dont really think there is much more of an argument here.... Watch his wjc tapes and you can see for yourself..

There hasnt been a solid two way dmen to jump into the league at 19 since i can remmber. Cam fowler had great offensive season but is still awful defensively. The closet player to have a two way game was adam larrson last year but at times he struggled on both sides of the ice he only managed 18 pts with a -7. Next season hamilton will be the player we all know he can be but this season he will be nothing more than seguin was in his first season. A young kid learning the system

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : The bruins also started the season 3-7 with horton in the lineup as well. Do you know what brain campbell, dustin byfuglien, pietrangelo and weber all have in common. Not one of them every played full time in the nhl a year fater getting drafted. It took campbell 5 years from when he was drafted to be a full time nhl player. It took weber 3 years, dustin 4 years and pietrangelo 2years. So you pretty muhc just helped my argument pal. A group of the best nhl dmen couldnt become solid everyday dmen at 19 what makes you think hamilton can. Watching the wjc you would have seen hamitlon get blown by on the d side of the puck in three games atleast 8 times. He post great pts totals but his defensive game is incomplete. Like seguin his first year will be used primarily to develop his defesnive game. Seguin only had 22pts his first year in the league. He will be paired with mcquaid most likely which means he will not have an offensive impact on the game at all. If he struggles defensively cj will have no problem putting him on the bench just like he did with seguin. So no he will not fill in corvos numbers. Dont really think there is much more of an argument here.... Watch his wjc tapes and you can see for yourself.. There hasnt been a solid two way dmen to jump into the league at 19 since i can remmber. Cam fowler had great offensive season but is still awful defensively. The closet player to have a two way game was adam larrson last year but at times he struggled on both sides of the ice he only managed 18 pts with a -7. Next season hamilton will be the player we all know he can be but this season he will be nothing more than seguin was in his first season. A young kid learning the system
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

I'll address your first stupid point before your second stupid point. 

31-13-2 
    Wanna know what that is? that is the Bruins record with Horton.
    18-16-5
    That is the Bruins record last season (not including playoffs) without Horton. 

he was on pace for 30 goals, 27 assists and 57 points. He would have been the bruins leading goal scorer. 

I won't say anything more on that topic, I'm sure you'll twist that in some asinine way. 

The team is better off playing 5 d men than playing Joe Corvo. He is terrible terrible terrible. It doesn't matter if dougie puts up any points, he will be better than corvo by just showing up. I was humoring you by talking about the points, even though it doesn't matter. None of those guys had the talent at that point in their career that dougie does now. Regardless though, by being big and being able to skate alone he is an upgrade over corvo. corvo was a 7th defensemen, dougie will actually play. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : The team is better off playing 5 d men than playing Joe Corvo. He is terrible terrible terrible. It doesn't matter if dougie puts up any points, he will be better than corvo by just showing up. Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

"Peter Chiarelli."

"Hi, Peter, listen...I'd like to try out for an opening on the Bruins blueline."

"Who is this?"

"I'll tell you who it's not - Joe Corvo."

"Oh.  Okay, well, talk to my assistant and bring your own towels."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

There is only two numbers that matter next yr. Goals for and goals against. If they are both down from last years rankings then the team got worse its plain and simple. They have to be 2nd in goals for and 6th in goals against to remain the same. We will see in april, if not then they got worse it is easy enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]There is only two numbers that matter next yr. Goals for and goals against. If they are both down from last years rankings then the team got worse its plain and simple. They have to be 2nd in goals for and 6th in goals against to remain the same. We will see in april, if not then they got worse it is easy enough.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

You'll have to explain to me how this works.  What if they're 3rd in goals for and 7th in goals against, but have 108 points, are they still worse?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ya they would have gotten worse, but so would most of the league. Which i dont think happened this offseason there is alot of strong competition this year. Ill tell ya what goodnewsbears in that case if that happens i will gladly say you are the smartest guy on the board... "And i will say i was wrong". In fact ill be glad to be wrong bcs my bs will be looking at a 2 seed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nick Crawford, Steven Tarasuk, Jacob Muzzin. By your logic these guys should have challenged for the D scoring lead last season. I think Hamilton will be a fine player, but comparing junior stats and NHL stats is pretty useless.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : yup. Horton played the first half of the season...you may remember, if you were watching, the bruins were pretty much head and shoulders above every other team in the NHL at that point, didn't they have a 14 game win streak? So let me get this straight, Pittsburgh is much improved because Crosby is coming back. The same Crosby that was on Pittsburgh when they lost in 6 to the very average Flyers. However, Horton is coming back to the bruins, who struggled without him, but with him in the lineup looked like the best team in the NHL, got worse? interesting, I am looking forward to hearing you explain your reasoning, it should be insightful. On to Hamilton - are you of the opinion that point production is all that matters when evaluating D-men? It seems that way, you keep on bringing up 25 points and a +13 like it means Corvo was good. Corvo, in a word, was horrendous. He earned the name "uh oh corvo." He played on a really superior team, which is why his plus minus was decent, but he was the worst d man thats been with the bruins for a while. Hamilton could easily, and i mean very easily have a better year than Corvo did without showing up on the scoresheet once. Having said that, I ABSOLUTELY think he can get 25 points. Have you heard anything about this guy? 72 points in 50 games in the OHL is unreal for a d man.  the following is a list of the top defensemen scorers in the NHL this season that played in major junior, and their point total in their last year: Brian Campbell - last year in OHL: 14-39-53 in 66 games.  Dustin Byfuglien - not sure but i believe he was a forward in junior - 22-36-58 in 66 games.  Pietrangelo - OHL - 8-21-29 in 36 games Weber - WHL - 12-29-41 in 55 games.  i could go on and on, but the point is, Hamilton's numbers (and we know you love numbers) are off the charts and he's also pushing 6'6"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : If you think that hamilton in his first season in the league will post 25pts with a +13 then your crazy... That is the prodcution hamilton has to fill
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

Apparently I'm crazy then, because I think if he gets regular ice time there's no way he doesn't get those numbers.

Here's a thought for you. Why does it matter how many goals the Bruins score in comparison to how many other teams score. What if they bruins only scored 82 goals but won every game 1-0? Did they still need to be 2nd in the scoring race? Clearly I'm being facetious but its just showing how irrelevant your point is.

How about this scenario? The Bruins are 9th in the scoring race. But 1st in the East. Do they still need to be 2nd in the league? The basis for your arguments is irrelevant. Its not about how many goals teams score, its how many they score against us and how many we score against them. You know the saying, the team that scores the most points wins the game, thank you John Madden.

Here's another the Rangers won the Eastern Conference and were 11th in scoring. By your account they should not have been a good team.

I'm done discussing this with you at this point because if you don't realize that the stats on the paper don't win hockey games then you have no idea how hockey works.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's players pts distributed this season : Apparently I'm crazy then, because I think if he gets regular ice time there's no way he doesn't get those numbers. Here's a thought for you. Why does it matter how many goals the Bruins score in comparison to how many other teams score. What if they bruins only scored 82 goals but won every game 1-0? Did they still need to be 2nd in the scoring race? Clearly I'm being facetious but its just showing how irrelevant your point is. How about this scenario? The Bruins are 9th in the scoring race. But 1st in the East. Do they still need to be 2nd in the league? The basis for your arguments is irrelevant. Its not about how many goals teams score, its how many they score against us and how many we score against them. You know the saying, the team that scores the most points wins the game, thank you John Madden. Here's another the Rangers won the Eastern Conference and were 11th in scoring. By your account they should not have been a good team. I'm done discussing this with you at this point because if you don't realize that the stats on the paper don't win hockey games then you have no idea how hockey works.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Thats how you win games by out scoring opponent, right?? The ranger were also 3rd in gaa. So their lack of scoring was made up by thier great goaltending. If the bruins gaa goes up and their scoring drops it would lead to less wins it is simple math. There is a correlation its not exact but pretty close my friend..

Top ten teams last season and their goal differetals which is what my entire argument is about out scoring opponents and if this team got better since i dont believe they have.

van 111 +51
    ny 109 +39
    st. louis 109 +45
    pitt 108 +61
    nash 104 +27
    phili 103 +32
    boston 102 +67
    det 102 +45
    nj 102 +19
    chicago 101 +10