By The Numbers - Seguin vs. Hall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

By The Numbers - Seguin vs. Hall

Thought I'd take a look @ Seguin and Hall's numbers to see if there is any early signs of who got the better draft choice. After looking at the numbers, it appears Hall is definitely more productive point wise, given he's played 32 fewer games, but Seguin is more accountable,i.e. better +/- (Thanks to Julian no doubt). and still producing some decent offence. And so far......Seguin has been a healthier player injury wise. Otherwise it seems a wash to me....

Anyone still think Hall would have been better to have in a spoked B uniform?

Seguin              Hall

GP 184   152

G 50   55

A 61   66

plus/minus 50   -14

PIM 58  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: By The Numbers - Seguin vs. Hall

i think both teams are happy with what they have

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Agree with you xdrive .....but seriously if Edmonton would offer Hall for Seguin I would say no ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

what about Hall and a 1st rd pick for Khudo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I see more upside with Seguin, and more versatility too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Seggy is a Bonafied future elite center. of course Hall would be better playing for a organization that teaches and demands taking care of your own end first. that's what wins championships. in my opinion Seggy has pulled ahead of Taylor in his hockey maturation process. the advantage of playing for super duper hockey coach.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Seggy is a Bonafied future elite center. of course Hall would be better playing for a organization that teaches and demands taking care of your own end first. that's what wins championships. in my opinion Seggy has pulled ahead of Taylor in his hockey maturation process. the advantage of playing for super duper hockey coach.........

in my opinion we shouldn't be calling him seggy...sounds weird.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

That's what his mates call him so take it up with them........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't put much stock in the +/- stats here as Hall has been on a lousy team with lousy D and shakey goalers. From what I've seen of Hall he's not as much an all-around player as Seguin but he ain't that far off. The boys are about even overall. I think both teams would pick the same guys if given the chance to do it all over again.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

GP doesn't tell much of the story as Seguin had a lot of games with short minutes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

You can't compare players who play on teams that have different playing styles. Players such as Ryder, the guy in Toronto, and the guy in Winnepeg, all their offensive numbers went up after not having to play defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

GP doesn't tell much of the story as Seguin had a lot of games with short minutes.

Good point BH. Hall was getting regular minutes right out of the gate. I bet their TOI is pretty close overall.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Even during the draft it was said that Hall was the most immediately ready and Seguin had the greater long term potential. I see nothing yet that contradicts these assertions...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I'll tell ya this much. Hall is wishing he was the number 2 overall pick now.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

I agree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Weird as in "that's strange" or weird as in "that's so gay".

I say it's the second one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

I'll tell ya this much. Hall is wishing he was the number 2 overall pick now.......

So true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

You can't compare players who play on teams that have different playing styles. Players such as Ryder, the guy in Toronto, and the guy in Winnepeg, all their offensive numbers went up after not having to play defense.

Those guys suck at defence,so true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Weird as in "that's strange" or weird as in "that's so gay".

I say it's the second one.

both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Both very good players, potential to be real good players. both come into league in totally different situations.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. See Kovalev thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

When comparing Seguin to Hall, I always try to imagine what Seguin would be like if he was on a team like Tampa Bay feeding pucks to Steven Stamkos.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

would anyone throw Skinner into this mix? imagine the teams that past up on him rethinking their picks? Connelly-Nieteritter-Johanssen then Skinner..... ill take Seguin who some day may take the selke away from Bergeron

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Different players, different systems, both are good. The debate about who is the better player is so annoying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They're coming to the end of their EL contracts, so I'd say this is it for instant analysis: they are neck and neck.  Nothing is clear in terms of who is better now let alone who will be better.  Now it's time to sit back and enjoy watching the rest of their careers to see which one is "better" - but it may well be  1983 all over again.  Who was the better choice - Lafontaine or Yzerman?  (Hard to believe now that they went 3-4 and not 1-2.)  Other than Lafontaine's health issues, you'd be hard pressed to pick one guy or the other just on their numbers - Yzerman had more 50+ goal seasons, but Lafontaine has the higher goals/game for his career; Yzerman was a point/game player right out of the box, and sacrificed numbers to become a better all around leader for the Wings.  Lafontaine was more responsible right out of the gate, but it took him 4 years to be a point/game guy.  For the Skinner factor in this comparison - 1983 was Neely's draft year, or you could throw out John MacLean's 400+ goals or Tom Barrasso's two Cups and that rare combo winning the Vezina and Calder in the same year.

All I can say is it was a bad year to have the 21st pick and worse, to use it on Markwart.  Probert, Tocchet, Stevens, Hasek were all drafted later that year, and just for fun, imagine how Bruin history might have changed if all else remained the same, but the Bruins had drafted Klima and Claude Lemieux.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I see more upside with Seguin, and more versatility too.

How's that ?

Hall has played center in his junior career also. As a matter of fact on the Oilers telecast the other night there was talk about him being moved there.

He plays the PP like Seguin....... plays PK just as much as Seguin ( nothing ) but played it more then him in junior....... makes plays with the puck off the rush as good ( if not better ) then Seguin.......mixes it up better with opponents then Seguin......... is more physical then Seguin........despite Bruins fans saying this, his defense isn't as bad as they think, edge to Seguin but not by as much as people on here say. 

What else is there as far as being more versatile then Hall ?

I like Seguin but your statement is that of a Bruins fan and not of being objective.