Calgary may need that new arena sooner than expected

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Calgary may need that new arena sooner than expected

In response to seobrien's comment:

Good luck to all up there.

oh, and please make sure to punch a climate change denier in the face next time you see one.

You might have to go to a Senate meeting to find one, they've all been around since the dinosaurs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

That's home for me, too, though we always lived up the hill on the north side - Mount Pleasant, mostly.  Family are mostly in Varsity now, so again, high up from the water.  We never worried about flooding when I lived there - it was practically a desert based on average annual rainfall.

The 'Dome is done.  I hated that building when they put it up for the Olympics.  Goofy "saddle" design.  Hopefully, they put up something more befitting a centre of commerce than a prairie fort next time.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Mount Pleasant Arena! Play a lot of hockey in that old barn! She's a dump, but one of my favourite places to play because the ice is one of the best! I think it's safe to say that the new arena won't be going to the foothills area. That's where they were talking about yrs ago, but they got hit hard with flooding too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Nite, your neighbour's wife is not having a good day - just saw an evac order has been issued for Banff.

Yea she has to do the 9hr long way around, but there's a high risk of mudslides, but they say Hwye 1 will take 5-7 days before it's useable & that's only after the water goes way down of course which may take up to 4 days alone. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Dammit!! I hate when a pic won't attach!!!