Calling Maine residence. How about Olivier Dame-Malka?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Calling Maine residence. How about Olivier Dame-Malka?

I know Kennedy seen this guy play. Anyone else from Maine ? Fan of the Maineiacs ? 
    I caught part of the game hi-lites from the Q Saturday afternoon and man can this kid fire a puck ! 
    Only knock I can see on the kid is his size.
    Would the Bruins take a risk with their 2nd round pick ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: How about Olivier Dame-Malka?

I like Dame-Malka.....but:

-First off, the B's won't use a 2nd round pick on him. They wouldn't need to: he's a free agent, as his draft year was 2 years ago. Overage players aren't draft-eligible anymore, so on the off chance the Bruins did want him, they could pick him up for free. That's the good news for Dame-Malka fans who'd like to see him in Boston. The bad news is.....

Most QMJHL 20 year olds who are undrafted are undrafted for a reason. There are of course exceptions (David Desharnais, for example, right now in Montreal lit up the Q in Chicoutimi but wasn't considered a bonafide NHL prospect due to his size). But a couple of years ago, there was a lot of talk on this board about how the Bruins "stole Yannick Riendeau right out from under Montreal's nose". Riendeau was one of the most gifted snipers I saw in the QMJHL, and he couldn't crack the P-Bruins. That happens a lot with guys at age 20 playing against players their age and primarily younger; once they have to play professional MEN (and not amateur BOYS), well...the weaknesses in their game that prevent them from being real prospects become more evident.

Dame-Malka is probably destined for the CIAU (Canadian University system). If he goes pro, you're looking at ECHL at best. Great game on Saturday for the Maineiacs, though, and a good player for them to have this year.  He will probably get pro tryouts this summer, though....I just don't expect him to stick to anyone's roster very long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Call all residence of Maine! How about Olivier Dame-Malka?

Thanks Kennedy.  He has an NHL shot that's for certain.
    Great hockey and I hope you get to watch some of those home games.

As for Riendeau his last playoffs as a Junior and the Memorial cup he hurt his shoulder.
    He got shoulder surgery and just was not the same anymore .  He is skilled and is an intellgent player . It's his physical state that was affected most.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Call all residence of Maine! How about Olivier Dame-Malka?:
    [QUOTE]. Riendeau is skilled and is an intellgent player . It's his physical state that was affected most.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He wasn't a good enough skater to play at the NHL level, either.  That (and a very, very suspect work-ethic) was reportedly why he wasn't drafted. And by "reportedly", here's what I mean:  when I was still working for the Maineiacs in 08, I asked a few scouts "Hey, why isn't Riendeau being looked at? He's awesome!" and that was by and large their response. They didn't share my "Hes awesome" viewpoint, which shows why they are scouts and I stick to the  broadcast booth! :)

As for the Maineiacs, they play game 3 with MTL tomorrow night. I think I'll go: it's very good hockey when you get to the 2nd round of the QMJHL playoffs (the first round is BRU-TAL).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Call all residence of Maine! How about Olivier Dame-Malka? : He wasn't a good enough skater to play at the NHL level, either.  That (and a very, very suspect work-ethic) was reportedly why he wasn't drafted. And by "reportedly", here's what I mean:  when I was still working for the Maineiacs in 08, I asked a few scouts "Hey, why isn't Riendeau being looked at? He's awesome!" and that was by and large their response. They didn't share my "Hes awesome" viewpoint, which shows why they are scouts and I stick to the  broadcast booth! :) As for the Maineiacs, they play game 3 with MTL tomorrow night. I think I'll go: it's very good hockey when you get to the 2nd round of the QMJHL playoffs (the first round is BRU-TAL).
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

If you're in the downtown area tomorrow night and upto a draft or whatever you fancy let me know. My treat ! 
    I would've gone to the game if it weren't for a dinner with friends.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Call all residence of Maine! How about Olivier Dame-Malka? : He wasn't a good enough skater to play at the NHL level, either.  That (and a very, very suspect work-ethic) was reportedly why he wasn't drafted. And by "reportedly", here's what I mean:  when I was still working for the Maineiacs in 08, I asked a few scouts "Hey, why isn't Riendeau being looked at? He's awesome!" and that was by and large their response. They didn't share my "Hes awesome" viewpoint, which shows why they are scouts and I stick to the  broadcast booth! :) As for the Maineiacs, they play game 3 with MTL tomorrow night. I think I'll go: it's very good hockey when you get to the 2nd round of the QMJHL playoffs (the first round is BRU-TAL).
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Nevermind my previous post. The game is in yor neck of the woods. I misunderstood . I found it funny that the first 3 games would be in Montreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Calling Maine residence. How about Olivier Dame-Malka?

Not a Bruin that's for sure. He doesn't use his body at all and from the games I went to he doesn't like the corners. He also looked like he benefited from being older. But that is just me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ditto on what my fellow statesmen have stated about Dame-Malka. The most difficult thing to judge with the QMJHL is the infamous Andy Brickley "time and space" factor. There is so much room on the ice with this league, speed and skill can really stand out. It is not mistake-free hockey by any means.

Naturally that time and space shrinks with each step up in competition. D-M seems to be a guy who capitalizes on his chances and mistakes, but doesn't have the ability to create his own.

He's enjoyable to watch, but likely not something that would transfer well to the pros.

...and swing by any time for a tasty beverage on us. It's "the way life should be", dontcha know?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks Mainers ,   I did some research and he's most comparable to Marc Andre Bergeron.  Small,  not very physical in the D zone but a good skater.
    Not worth a 2nd pick.