Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?

Scoring line: 7gp 1-2-3

+/-: Even

FO%: 44.3%

Just as he was a ghost in the first round against Mtl last year, DK was pretty much a no show for this series.  $5M player?  Not with a performance like this.  I guess 62 regular season points is worth a heck of alot more than it used to be. 

Sorry for the DK call out thread, he is not alone in how disappointing his play was in the series.  The point is that he was brutally inconsistent during the regular season and that carried over into the first round. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?

Nobody "always" comes up big in the playoffs.
    Just my personal opinion, but I don't think anyone deserves "calling out".  When talking about "ghosts", we can pencil in Seguin for 5 games out of 7, and the other top 6 forwards for the whole series(maybe Lucic gets a pass).
    This was a team thing in my opinion.  Defensively, the team did everything necessary to achieve success.  The 3rd and 4th lines over achieved, and for the overall group to "achieve failure", the top 6 had to stink.  The only player I thought was great...was Seidenberg.  Goatending was good enough to win.  Even their golatending became less of an issue as the series went on.
    Despite being one of the top scoring teams in the league, being able to score consistently was a problem all year.  They'd score 5 a night for 3 weeks, then go on a stretch where they couldn't put the puck in the ocean.  For whatever reason, sometimes players and teams are just "off". I hope the B's don't react to this, by making a lot of changes, but rather stay the course by making tweaks. Obviously, the power play has to change, meaning, next year, their going to need one.   I think that's more about strategy than different players though. Working toward the big bomb from the point isn't cutting it, and hasn't been, especially when everyone is afraid to get in the vicinity of the shot.

If there was ever an example of a "team" failing to deliver....this is it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Nobody "always" comes up big in the playoffs. Just my personal opinion, but I don't think anyone deserves "calling out".  When talking about "ghosts", we can pencil in Seguin for 5 games out of 7, and the other top 6 forwards for the whole series(maybe Lucic gets a pass). This was a team thing in my opinion.  Defensively, the team did everything necessary to achieve success.  The 3rd and 4th lines over achieved, and for the overall group to "achieve failure", the top 6 had to stink.  The only player I thought was great...was Seidenberg.  Goatending was good enough to win.  Even their golatending became less of an issue as the series went on. Despite being one of the top scoring teams in the league, being able to score consistently was a problem all year.  They'd score 5 a night for 3 weeks, then go on a stretch where they couldn't put the puck in the ocean.  For whatever reason, sometimes players and teams are just "off". I hope the B's don't react to this, by making a lot of changes, but rather stay the course by making tweaks. Obviously, the power play has to change, meaning, next year, their going to need one.   I think that's more about strategy than different players though. Working toward the big bomb from the point isn't cutting it, and hasn't been, especially when everyone is afraid to get in the vicinity of the shot. If there was ever an example of a "team" failing to deliver....this is it.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Excellent analysis and well articulated. Sometimes teams, even championship and favored team, are just "off". It happens all the time in sports, and life for that matter. Maybe it has to do with quantum physics. Who knows. But it was clear that TT was not quite on, the O was not quite clicking, and the puck was just not bouncing their way. It happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In Response to Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Scoring line: 7gp 1-2-3 +/-: Even FO%: 44.3% Just as he was a ghost in the first round against Mtl last year, DK was pretty much a no show for this series.  $5M player?  Not with a performance like this.  I guess 62 regular season points is worth a heck of alot more than it used to be.  Sorry for the DK call out thread, he is not alone in how disappointing his play was in the series.  The point is that he was brutally inconsistent during the regular season and that carried over into the first round. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Sure Krejci isn't anything like the biggest factor for the Bs demise this year but its fair to call him out. His season WAS disappointing and his play-off effort was sh*t. Usually he comes quite close to a point a game in the play offs but this year he didn't even manage half of that. But at a fatty $5 million a year he's likely unmovable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I believe Krejci will be back with a force next year. Lets get him a solid linemate who can score. Parise?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Scoring line: 7gp 1-2-3 +/-: Even FO%: 44.3% Just as he was a ghost in the first round against Mtl last year, DK was pretty much a no show for this series.  $5M player?  Not with a performance like this.  I guess 62 regular season points is worth a heck of alot more than it used to be.  Sorry for the DK call out thread, he is not alone in how disappointing his play was in the series.  The point is that he was brutally inconsistent during the regular season and that carried over into the first round. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Just this.

He makes 5m too, ya know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bim you must be Krejci's brother-in-law.

Joking aside, neither did he get started last year in the 1st round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes. The former belief that Krecji and Lucic are big-game players is now untrue until proven otherwise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs? : Just this.   He makes 5m too, ya know.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

sorry, but way too much is being made of this as a "golden" scoring chance for Bergy. The still photo is not representative of what happened:

1) that puck was in his skates
    2) it was a bang-bang FAST puck in his skates & on the heel of the stick at that
    3) the way his body& stick were facing he would have had to stop the puck, re-adjust, turn and THEN shoot to get the puck on net & Holtby would have been over there by then

Finally--I don;'t care what anyone says, Krejci got hurt by those idiots slamming the glass on his neck in game 1. He was never 100% right the rest of the series.

Let's stop looking for scapegoats. Every game was decided by 1 goal. any of those games--including last night's, could have gone to either team. Stuff happens. Pouliot didn't mean for his clearing shot to go into Knuble's pads but it did. That's called a fortunate bounce and it went the Caps' way.

Yeah, the Bruins could have played better (PP, forecheck) but ultimately it was as evenly played a series as you're going to see and no one, two, or three players individually is to blame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

TTBI, thanks for your entry.  Spot on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs? : Just this.   He makes 5m too, ya know.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

painful......................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]I believe Krejci will be back with a force next year. Lets get him a solid linemate who can score. Parise?
    Posted by BostonBruinss[/QUOTE]

Are oyu actually frigging kidding me? Have you seen this guys actual stats? Compare this lumps stats to let's say, Adam Oates. Similar player, completely different results. Ok, Adam Oates NEVER won a Stanley Cup,just speaking about pure stats here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs? : Are oyu actually frigging kidding me? Have you seen this guys actual stats? Compare this lumps stats to let's say, Adam Oates. Similar player, completely different results. Ok, Adam Oates NEVER won a Stanley Cup,just speaking about pure stats here.
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

Krejci is a good Bruin, what's your problem with him. How quickly people forget last year and his great playoff performance. There is always next year. 62 points isn't horrible. Imagine we had Scott Gomez lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

can we all agree that hindsight is 20/20? can we all agree that one goal from any of the 18 skaters would have this site looking and feeling a whole lot different today? silly...THE BOSTON BRUINS LOST THE SERIES.... not because of any one factor, or player. THEY were bested by a focused capitals TEAM. i don't get the need to point fingers. get over it, the bruins will not repeat. is that really shocking? it's a REALLY DIFFICULT thing to do. try again next year .   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Meh, no, we obviously can't all agree on this one because I completely disagree.  DK's NHL stats:  Regular Season:  .73 pts/game. Playoffs:  .79 pts/game. His stats are similar for Junior and AHL. Goals are hard to come by in playoff hockey. Most players numbers go down, his go up. He is at his best when the pressure is highest. He is a big game player, no question. Does he always score a lot in every playoff game? No, of course not, but if you expect any player to do that you have never watched a hockey game. The Bruins were smothered by a team playing  a style that looked like pre-lockout New Jersey. With Bergeron and Horton injured they were also mostly a one-line team that the Caps could focus on. Add in DK getting hit in the head with a several hundred pound pane of glass, and it's amazing that he scored 3 points.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]TTBI, thanks for your entry.  Spot on!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 

Consider that Bergeron didn't take a single draw the entire game until he was forced to, late, because of an icing call.  Obviously he's hurt and that's why the "photo" didn't result in a goal.  Krejci may have suffered from the glass pane, who knows ... teams don't disclose such things this time of the year, we all know.  For whatever reasons, the puck didn't bounce the right way in the series - if Pouliot's dump-in is an inch to the left or the right, Knuble's rush doesn't happen ... and so on and so on and so on.  Rest up in the long off season and compete again next year, lads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody "always" comes up big in the playoffs. [/QUOTE]

This is all I fully agree with but I had recently written that I didn't think it was fair for Seguin to be taking heat with Krejci having the no-show of a series he was...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

We were lacking goal production. Not just in the playoffs but all year. I will not put this on Krejci. I'm glad he's a Bruin and I hope he stays a Bruin for a long long time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

B's had no answer for the cap's "Mob" defense scheme.

Other than rooting for Ottawa and maybe Nashville, bleh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

BRAVO! Absolutely love this post!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It always comes down to what PC is offered for Krejci. As far as David's performance in the 2012 playoffs the whole team except Seidenberg and Thomas need to look in the mirror.

Bruins let teams hang around when they have them on the ropes one player can't prevent teams like the Capitals coming back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Bergeron couldn't punch in a wobbling puck.....Krejci didn't score in Game 7.....and Welker dropped a pass....sometimes it just doesn't happen despite the players being crazy-talented. What can you do?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron couldn't punch in a wobbling puck.....Krejci didn't score in Game 7.....and Welker dropped a pass....sometimes it just doesn't happen despite the players being crazy-talented. What can you do?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    i'll tell ya what i'm going to do... remember that patrice bergeron scored the stanley cup winning goal just 10 months ago. that's good enough for me right now. has everyone forgot how hard it is to win the cup? regroup and be better next year, which is only FIVE MONTHS AWAY!!!!!!!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]We were lacking goal production. Not just in the playoffs but all year. I will not put this on Krejci. I'm glad he's a Bruin and I hope he stays a Bruin for a long long time.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Boston was the second highest scoring team in the league throughout the regular season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs? : sorry, but way too much is being made of this as a "golden" scoring chance for Bergy. The still photo is not representative of what happened: 1) that puck was in his skates 2) it was a bang-bang FAST puck in his skates & on the heel of the stick at that 3) the way his body& stick were facing he would have had to stop the puck, re-adjust, turn and THEN shoot to get the puck on net & Holtby would have been over there by then Finally--I don;'t care what anyone says, Krejci got hurt by those idiots slamming the glass on his neck in game 1. He was never 100% right the rest of the series. Let's stop looking for scapegoats. Every game was decided by 1 goal. any of those games--including last night's, could have gone to either team. Stuff happens. Pouliot didn't mean for his clearing shot to go into Knuble's pads but it did. That's called a fortunate bounce and it went the Caps' way. Yeah, the Bruins could have played better (PP, forecheck) but ultimately it was as evenly played a series as you're going to see and no one, two, or three players individually is to blame.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    They win as a team and lose as a team. I'm sure they're all equally disappointed in themselves right now. Last year's win has left me still, a sort of calming effect. Sure I'm upset but I feel worse for the players who worked so hard. This year didn't feel like so many before it. Another championship doesn't feel decades away. This stinks to be out early but I'm still proud to be a Bruins fan and have full confidence that PC will ice a team that has a chance to win it all again next year. That's all I ask for. Cheers! It's baseball season. Go Angels!