Canada's Olympic Goalie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Canada's Olympic Goalie

And TT in Florida has nite's numbers.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment. If I was in Fla. I'd have worse than Markstrom's #'s.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Fwiw- I like Carey Price, I always have & IF he continues to have the #'s he has now & his play stays consistent, I'll conscede for him to be Canada's starter. However, I am not going to give him the position based on what everyone thinks, or what the hope is. He hasn't shown me anything to show he deserves it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That might be the worst argument I've ever seen. Bringing up Andrew Shaw and Rich Peverley in a conversation about goalies? Really?  So you'll make your case against the canadien goalies who have Vezinas but will exclude the one with four? How do you know he is not in contention for one of the three spots? Have you seen his play that last month or so?

Worst argument you've ever heard? so it's not ok to exclude the 40 year old goalie that wasn't even invited to the camp? I have seen him play and I can only hope that Brodeur is in net for Canada when the games begin. Now please argue against that and tell me how Canadian goaltending is in the same class as the rest of their roster.

Some of you guys are laughable. The condescending, self righteous attitude has killed this board. Used to be level headed discussion, now for the most part it's a group that speaks as if theyre enlightening others. Again, laughable is the best description. 

[/QUOTE]

I love when people don't have an answer to counter use the rat pack, all high and mighty defense here. Martin Brodeur wasn't at the oreientation camp. If he continues to play at this level you think he wont get consideration for one of the three spots? Do you think with his track record, they needed to see him play deck hockey to convince them?  Or does the fact that John Gibson attended the U.S camp give him more of a chance than Tim Thomas playing on the team. If Quick comes back in a month and reaggravates his groin, does Thomas lose out to Gibson cause Gibson went to the camp?

Canadas goaltending is seen as the weakest part of their team. Shupe pointing out that 9 out of the last 12 Cup champion goalies are Canadien is just a way of pointing out how they if they can win a cup, they can win a gold.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I love when people don't have an answer to counter use the rat pack, all high and mighty defense here.

i have no idea what youre talking about. 

If Martin Brodeur makes the team Canada my point is proven in spades.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That might be the worst argument I've ever seen. Bringing up Andrew Shaw and Rich Peverley in a conversation about goalies? Really?  So you'll make your case against the canadien goalies who have Vezinas but will exclude the one with four? How do you know he is not in contention for one of the three spots? Have you seen his play that last month or so?

Worst argument you've ever heard? so it's not ok to exclude the 40 year old goalie that wasn't even invited to the camp? I have seen him play and I can only hope that Brodeur is in net for Canada when the games begin. Now please argue against that and tell me how Canadian goaltending is in the same class as the rest of their roster.

Some of you guys are laughable. The condescending, self righteous attitude has killed this board. Used to be level headed discussion, now for the most part it's a group that speaks as if theyre enlightening others. Again, laughable is the best description. 

[/QUOTE]

I love when people don't have an answer to counter use the rat pack, all high and mighty defense here. Martin Brodeur wasn't at the oreientation camp. If he continues to play at this level you think he wont get consideration for one of the three spots? Do you think with his track record, they needed to see him play deck hockey to convince them?  Or does the fact that John Gibson attended the U.S camp give him more of a chance than Tim Thomas playing on the team. If Quick comes back in a month and reaggravates his groin, does Thomas lose out to Gibson cause Gibson went to the camp?

Canadas goaltending is seen as the weakest part of their team. Shupe pointing out that 9 out of the last 12 Cup champion goalies are Canadien is just a way of pointing out how they if they can win a cup, they can win a gold.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  That is my point.  They managed to win 16 games in the hardest tourny in the world. Im sure they can hang in there for four games with elite talent.  Canadian Goalies are in every category this year in the NHL.   As they are every year.  Just bc the teams like sweden, finland and the US have some of of the top 10 goalies doesnt make the Canadian goalies any worse.  Do we have a Roy Belfour or Brodeur dominating?  No.  But there are currently no goalies over the past 10 yrs in their class of talent and consistancy.  king henrik is the closest thing and he has done nothing in the playoffs that some of these inferior Canadian goalies did by winning it all.  

I think our fwds and def are better then anyone.  But i will concede that the def for the US team is getting better and would rank a close 2nd.  I would put the russian fwds 2nd on talent.  Id put the US team fwds 2nd in heart.  I rank US goalies the best.  I think Canada defeats USA 4-2 in a great game.  

Matty, if you dont like the content dont let the door hit you on your way up the stairs to your penthouse.  These are all opinions.  I dont agree with yours.  Not a big deal.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Matty, you're a good member here, but the argument is dumb.  You just simply cannot compare a Cup winning goalie and a Cup winning third line winger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I think we (except Shupe who is in the Stanley/Rusty category when it comes to making sense) can all agree that Canada's weakest position is goalie.  I think that is what Matty was saying even though compairing third line wingers to starting goalies wasn't the best way to go about it.