Canucks acquire Diaz from Canadiens for Weise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Canucks acquire Diaz from Canadiens for Weise

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=703486&navid=nhl:topheads

"Diaz, 28, had 11 assists and was third on the team with 100 blocked shots while averaging 18:53 of ice time per game in 46 games, but had been a healthy scratch for seven straight games. He will play for Switzerland at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

An undrafted free agent who signed with the Canadiens in September 2012, Diaz had four goals and 41 points in 128 NHL games. He is in the final season of a two-year, $2.45 million contract and is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in July.

Weise, 25, has three goals and nine assists while averaging 7:45 of ice time in 44 games. "A young veteran with 162 games of experience at the NHL level, Dale Weise is a winger with a physical style of play who brings additional toughness and grit to our group of forwards," Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin said in a release."

Change of scenery trade ? Looks like Bergevin wanted to get something for pending free agent Diaz.

Hey that is one less Smurf!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Canucks acquire Diaz from Canadiens for Weise

With Parros, Moen, White and Prust on the team, I dont see the need for Weisse. He's not that good at fighting or hockey...

I guess it is a good fit, I dont like Weisse, or the Habs...makes sense kinda sorta actually almost?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ye...

ya....

yeh....

yaaaw....

Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Bottom 3 grit. Trying to make up for all the smurfs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ye...

ya....

yeh....

yaaaw....

Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn.

[/QUOTE]

Very nicely put.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Parros, Moen, White and Prust on the team, I dont see the need for Weisse. He's not that good at fighting or hockey...

I guess it is a good fit, I dont like Weisse, or the Habs...makes sense kinda sorta actually almost?

[/QUOTE]

Yet another example of the Bs not being tough enough and the division getting tougher around us.

Thornton is basically done, McQuaid is a no-show, Campbell gets handed his lunch every fight, Chara is no longer counted on. It's now pretty much Lucic and nothing else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yet another example of the Bs not being tough enough and the division getting tougher around us.

Thornton is basically done, McQuaid is a no-show, Campbell gets handed his lunch every fight, Chara is no longer counted on. It's now pretty much Lucic and nothing else.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely.

Let the Habs get as many slow, no talent, punching bags as they want. I dont think Montreal acquiring Dale freaking Weisse is gonna help them in any way shape or form.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this the same big tough Weise who had no problems punching Thornton from the bench, but when the time came to face him on the ice he chickened out? Is that the same Weise...yea he's a real tough customer! Brrrr! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:[QUOTE]

I guess it is a good fit, I dont like Weisse, or the Habs...makes sense kinda sorta actually almost? [/QUOTE]

Correct

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely.

Let the Habs get as many slow, no talent, punching bags as they want. I dont think Montreal acquiring Dale freaking Weisse is gonna help them in any way shape or form.

[/QUOTE]

What part do you disagree with?? The Thornton comment? The Mcquaid, Campbell?

Do you disagree that the rest of the division has gotten tougher?

Thornton seems to be a punching bag these days. It wouldn't hurt toughen up a little which is why I suggested trying to get Kassian along with Methot in an Ottawa trade rather than Chiarellis predictable Phillips mistake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely.

[/QUOTE]

What part do you disagree with?? The Thornton comment? The Mcquaid, Campbell?

Do you disagree that the rest of the division has gotten tougher?

Thornton seems to be a punching bag these days. It wouldn't hurt toughen up a little which is why I suggested trying to get Kassian along with Methot in an Ottawa trade rather than Chiarellis predictable Phillips mistake.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree that they got tougher. I dont see this trade helping the Habs. This is DALE WEISSE we are talking about. He's a nobody. He's a half-a**ed fighter and a bad hockey player that will get to play with their other half-a**ed fighters and bad hockey players. I dont think the Bruins need to 'toughen up'. If the Bruins were to lose to the Habs in the playoffs, then there would probably be 100 different reasons as to why it happened before Dale Weisse would ever enter the equation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this the same big tough Weise who had no problems punching Thornton from the bench, but when the time came to face him on the ice he chickened out? Is that the same Weise...yea he's a real tough customer! Brrrr! 

[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY!
    Its Dale Weisse! Not Bob Probert we are talking here! The guy is hardly a difference maker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY!
    Its Dale Weisse! Not Bob Probert we are talking here! The guy is hardly a difference maker.

[/QUOTE]

I never said he was a "difference maker" I just pointed out that the rest of the diision has added tougher players while we continue with the old, tired-out Thornton.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

This trade is much ado about absolutely nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

My only memory of Weise is him wussing out when Thornton wanted to go with him in the finals. I'm not quite sure what he adds to the Habs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Weise is the difference between wins and losses, you've already lost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My only memory of Weise is him wussing out when Thornton wanted to go with him in the finals. I'm not quite sure what he adds to the Habs.

[/QUOTE]

Weise wasn't with the Nucks in the Finals, but was with them in their last visit when he did wuss out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's are clearly getting way too soft and the rest of the division is bulking up.

They should sign Hubert Poulin.

That will solve everything and make sure they stay in first place.

Without an answer for Dale Weise, they're doomed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The B's are clearly getting way too soft and the rest of the division is bulking up.

They should sign Hubert Poulin.

That will solve everything and make sure they stay in first place.

Without an answer for Dale Weise, they're doomed.

[/QUOTE]

That guy is tough, teams would think twice about messin' with Hubie. He would devour Weise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Time for the secret weapon.  The weapon no one wants.  The wild man.  Tim Brent.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His nickname should've been KFC after that bit of bravery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

This "lack of toughness" on the Bruins is a joke.. we've all been trolled.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time for the secret weapon.  The weapon no one wants.  The wild man.  Tim Brent.  

[/QUOTE]

Wild Man Brent instills fear in Lucifer himself!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brent?  He's not that tough.  Oh wait...nevermind...

I like the trade from a Bruin standpoint.  The Habs ship out a useful D-man for an anonymous pair of (slightly) scarred knuckles.  

As I recall, the Habs speed and puck-movement have been much bigger problems for the B's than their adorable attempts at toughness.  

Is anyone afraid of Dale Weise anyhow?  Isn't this the guy who runs away from Thornton and Lucic so he can lose a fight to Horton?  He probably requested the trade with the B's-Canucks game on the calendar this week. 

Hard to imagine a crueler fate than being notified that you've been replaced by Tim Sestito.