In response to dezaruchi's comment:
[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
[QUOTE]

Marchand, Burrows and Hartnell. If I had my choice I would take Hartnell all day. Other 2 are good, but I think Hartnell is that much better.

[/QUOTE]

It speaks volumes that Marchand is even in the conversation. Hartnell spent 7 full seasons in the NHL before finally cracking the 50 point barrier. Marchand did it in his 2nd full season and still has 6 years to catch up to Hartnell's overall production. I think Marchand will be a better point producer than Hartnell when all is said and done. Lastly, only 1 of the players we're talking about was able to truly elevate his game in a Cup Finals. Guess who it was? Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

Good points Dez, all 3 play a similair style, I just  perfer Hartnell for his size and effectiveness on the power play. Also, I think getting out of Nashville and going to Philly played more into Hartnells game, that and maturity.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, I also don't want this to seem like I'm trashing Hartnell as I begrudgingly respect his game. I just really believe that Marchand will eventually bring better numbers overall. Marchand's still on his way up as far as the learning curve is concerned whereas I think we're seeing just about the best Hartnell has to offer.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I hate him, which I mean as a compliment. The only thing for me is Hartnell is a first liner, I'm not sure Burrows and Marchand will ever be 1st line players.

[/QUOTE]

At Marchands age Hartnell put up a 24/19/43 line. Tough to tell because they're at different stages of their careers.