CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

I know alot of fans like the team we have and don't think we should consider acquiring anybody.  I highly doubt PC and company are going to sit on this cap space going into a playoff run, and I would be highly dissapointed if they did.

I also don't think this means we are going to go out and get Bobby Ryan or someone of that ilk.  I believe that this leaves the Bruins in the unique position to bring in a good player with a bad contract which is expiring.  The benefit would be that we would not be giving much up in a deal like this.  This is important because as Fletcher pointed out yesterday our prospects in Providence have been quite uninspiring, and I prefer not to trade the next crop because at some point we will need to strengthen the club with prospects or this window which opened for the Bruins so suddenly will close just as quickly.

I have two questions, what type of additions would you like to see and what overpriced players do you know of with expiring contracts.

I would like to add a reliable D-man someone on par with Seidenberg. 

I added a couple lists of high priced FA's to peruse through if you are interested in a general discussion.  I'm not trying to hash out specific deals, just interested in potential targets for this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins

Here are some FA D-Men, do you notice any names who interest you and might be available.

Rozsival, Michal »     D     PHO     33     $5,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Wideman, Dennis »     D     WAS     28     $3,937,500     2012 (UFA)
    Kubina, Pavel »     D     TBL     34     $3,850,000     2012 (UFA)
    Spacek, Jaroslav »     D     CAR     37     $3,833,333     2012 (UFA)
    Stuart, Brad »     D     DET     32     $3,750,000     2012 (UFA)
    Kuba, Filip »     D     OTT     35     $3,700,000     2012 (UFA)
    Jackman, Barret »     D     STL     30     $3,625,000     2012 (UFA)
    Sarich, Cory »     D     CGY     33     $3,600,000     2012 (UFA)
    Mitchell, Willie »     D     LAK     34     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA)
    Oduya, Johnny »     D     WIN     30     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA)
    Suter, Ryan »     D     NAS     27     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA)
    Finger, Jeff »     D     TOR     32     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA)
    Carle, Matt »     D     PHI     27     $3,437,500     2012 (UFA)
    Salvador, Bryce »     D     NJD     35     $2,900,000     2012 (UFA)
    Allen, Bryan »     D     CAR     31     $2,900,000     2012 (UFA)
    Gleason, Tim »     D     CAR     28     $2,750,000     2012 (UFA)
    Eaton, Mark »     D     NYI     34     $2,500,000     2012 (UFA)
    Gill, Hal »     D     MTL     36     $2,250,000     2012 (UFA)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Here are some FA Forwards, do you notice any names who interest you and might be available.

Semin, Alexander »     F     WAS     27     $6,700,000     2012 (UFA)
    Smyth, Ryan »     F     EDM     35     $6,250,000     2012 (UFA)
    Parise, Zach »     F     NJD     27     $6,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Rolston, Brian »     F     NYI     38     $5,062,500     2012 (UFA)
    Huselius, Kristian »     F     CLB     33     $4,750,000     2012 (UFA)
    Doan, Shane »     F     PHO     35     $4,550,000     2012 (UFA)
    Langkow, Daymond »     F     PHO     35     $4,500,000     2012 (UFA)
    Penner, Dustin »     F     LAK     29     $4,250,000     2012 (UFA)
    Hemsky, Ales »     F     EDM     28     $4,100,000     2012 (UFA)
    Blake, Jason »     F     ANA     38     $4,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Boyes, Brad »     F     BUF     29     $4,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Selanne, Teemu »     F     ANA     41     $4,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Avery, Sean »     F     NYR     31     $3,875,000     2012 (UFA)
    Ruutu, Tuomo »     F     CAR     28     $3,800,000     2012 (UFA)
    Stoll, Jarret »     F     LAK     29     $3,600,000     2012 (UFA)
    Hecht, Jochen »     F     BUF     34     $3,525,000     2012 (UFA)
    Jagr, Jaromir »     F     PHI     39     $3,300,000     2012 (UFA)
    Kostitsyn, Andrei »     F     MTL     26     $3,250,000     2012 (UFA)
    Whitney, Ray »     F     PHO     39     $3,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Kotalik, Ales »     F     BUF     33     $3,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Hejduk, Milan »     F     COL     35     $3,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Hagman, Niklas »     F     ANA     32     $3,000,000     2012 (UFA)
    Jokinen, Olli »     F     CGY     33     $3,000,000     2012 (UFA)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rickey,

Your list(which I know was cut and paste) has too many players on contending teams.  You can scratch a lot off.  Some may be out in a few weeks though.
    Fwds- Love Ruutu and stated it earlier.  I would love to make a run at both he and Gleason.   Asking price we be too much and they likely will get more by dealing them seperate.
    Ryan Smyth would be another ideal guy who can play on any of the top 3 lines and PP.  Would love him for a playoff run.  Never takes a night off.

Jeff Finger????  Really?  Haha...I know its not your list.  Wow what a great contract. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Shupe You are right. I copy pasted from Cap-Geek.

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

I was going to filter for highly paid players on bad teams, but when I realized the lists were so short, 41 players in all, I decided it was not too cumbersome, and it was better not too filter out anybody.  Clearly Lidstrom is not a possibility and if you are on this board you obviously know that.  On the other hand maybe someone else thinks Semin might stil be available, I didn't want to limit people, Ya know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

To be honest with you, I thought there were going to be a plethora of bad expiring contracts when I started the thread, I am unimpressed with what I see for the most part.

Some of the names I was wondering about were,  I really don't know what these guys are playing like now, but I know that once upon a time each was highly regarded.  I might even take a stab at Jeff Finger if he is in shape?

Kubina
    Spacek
    Sarich
    Oduya

For Forwards I like the two high end guys, but would prefer not to pay the price in terms of prospects.
    Parise
    Semin

I also wonder about
    Doan
    Ruutu (whom I know you have been trumpeting)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

a reliable d-man like Seids sounds good except i prefer someone who's more than just a rental since aside from Hamilton the pipeline doesn't look too solid....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'll put it out there again, because I dream BIG. IF Shea Webber is available, then trade whatever you need to get him. The subtraction of some salaries that you'd need in the trade, and the available cap space makes it a workable trade. Then with the extra cap space, you can sign one or 2 UFA to make up the slack for the players you had to trade.

I will always think of the Ducks having Pronger and Niedimeyer on their blue-line as my POA. Chara and Webber on D. I get goose bumps just thinking about it.

Would I give up Dougie Hamilton and Krejci for him. In a heartbeat, because I think Seguin can be the #1 Centerman.

Just my $0.02. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins:
    [QUOTE]To be honest with you, I thought there were going to be a plethora of bad expiring contracts when I started the thread, I am unimpressed with what I see for the most part. Some of the names I was wondering about were,  I really don't know what these guys are playing like now, but I know that once upon a time each was highly regarded.  I might even take a stab at Jeff Finger if he is in shape? Kubina Spacek Sarich Oduya For Forwards I like the two high end guys, but would prefer not to pay the price in terms of prospects. Parise Semin I also wonder about Doan Ruutu (whom I know you have been trumpeting)
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I would rather have Hnidy over Finger.  Haha. 

The dmen list I would be happy with any of them...I really like Sarich...
    Semin can likely be had but I think they will get better offers or keep him.  If Semin is dealt its bc they are adding a big piece.  Ditto that thought to Parise. 

Prospal was mentioned.  Yes on Ruutu.  Doan and Smyth would be great additions IF they can play a 3rd line role.  Depth wins cups.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

[QUOTE]Here are some FA D-Men, do you notice any names who interest you and might be available. Rozsival, Michal »     D     PHO     33     $5,000,000     2012 (UFA) Wideman, Dennis »     D     WAS     28     $3,937,500     2012 (UFA) Kubina, Pavel »     D     TBL     34     $3,850,000     2012 (UFA) Spacek, Jaroslav »     D     CAR     37     $3,833,333     2012 (UFA) Stuart, Brad »     D     DET     32     $3,750,000     2012 (UFA) Kuba, Filip »     D     OTT     35     $3,700,000     2012 (UFA) Jackman, Barret »     D     STL     30     $3,625,000     2012 (UFA) Sarich, Cory »     D     CGY     33     $3,600,000     2012 (UFA) Mitchell, Willie »     D     LAK     34     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA) Oduya, Johnny »     D     WIN     30     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA) Suter, Ryan »     D     NAS     27     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA) Finger, Jeff »     D     TOR     32     $3,500,000     2012 (UFA) Carle, Matt »     D     PHI     27     $3,437,500     2012 (UFA) Salvador, Bryce »     D     NJD     35     $2,900,000     2012 (UFA) Allen, Bryan »     D     CAR     31     $2,900,000     2012 (UFA) Gleason, Tim »     D     CAR     28     $2,750,000     2012 (UFA) Eaton, Mark »     D     NYI     34     $2,500,000     2012 (UFA) Gill, Hal »     D     MTL     36     $2,250,000     2012 (UFA)
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I hear that Dennis Wideman guy is pretty good. Too bad we didn't have him on our team. Oh wait...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : I hear that Dennis Wideman guy is pretty good. Too bad we didn't have him on our team. Oh wait...
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Wideman's finger is cold bc he has no ring.  I think he misses the Bruins more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Did I see him cringe when he hit that ENG? lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Don't forget this is rental money only, and that dollars are needed to ice a team next year. Take that $7.6mil figure and subtract Kelly and Rask, the two players PC has identified as priority long-term signings. Sure, it doesn't change this year's figure, but it certainly changes next year and moving forward.

I would expect we hear of a Kelly signing prior to the deadline so the Bs know exactly what $$ they are dealign with. Rask will be post-deadline only so they keep the door open to hearing absurd offers for Thomas. Silly if you ask me. Both aren't going anywhere this year, and might as well get the Rask deal done.

Don't expect much more than a 3rd line wing or #4-5 D-man...and for those guys to be rentals only given the strength of the core moving forward and lack of trading partners as defending champs.

Laugh all you want, but I wouldn't mind seeing Gill for depth and pairing him with Chara so Seids can anchor a second shut-down pairing with Ference. Let Corvo and Boychuck have their fun on the PP, and McQuaid rotate in if a physical presence is needed. Never will happen, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ryan Suter sticks out like a sore thumb on that D list...Gleason would be my 2nd choice.

Ray Whitney would be a great pickup for the 3rd line and PP

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget this is rental money only, and that dollars are needed to ice a team next year. Take that $7.6mil figure and subtract Kelly and Rask, the two players PC has identified as priority long-term signings. Sure, it doesn't change this year's figure, but it certainly changes next year and moving forward. I would expect we hear of a Kelly signing prior to the deadline so the Bs know exactly what $$ they are dealign with. Rask will be post-deadline only so they keep the door open to hearing absurd offers for Thomas. Silly if you ask me. Both aren't going anywhere this year, and might as well get the Rask deal done. Don't expect much more than a 3rd line wing or #4-5 D-man...and for those guys to be rentals only given the strength of the core moving forward and lack of trading partners as defending champs. Laugh all you want, but I wouldn't mind seeing Gill for depth and pairing him with Chara so Seids can anchor a second shut-down pairing with Ference. Let Corvo and Boychuck have their fun on the PP, and McQuaid rotate in if a physical presence is needed. Never will happen, though.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Also subtract $4.4m as the incremental amounts due to McQuaid, Peverley and Krecji on their new contracts, which begin in 2012-13.  So, depending on the raises which Kelly & Rask get, that cap space disappears pretty darned quick.

Picking up someone like Weber at the deadline means that, in order to re-sign him to a LT deal, you'll have to jettison a lot of the existing contracts.  It's much like the situation which the Hawks faced after their Cup win, but not as extreme (though, it would be if the B's acquire Weber). They had gigantic new contracts kicking in with Toews and Kane, and were stuck with Campbell's huge LT deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget this is rental money only, and that dollars are needed to ice a team next year. Take that $7.6mil figure and subtract Kelly and Rask, the two players PC has identified as priority long-term signings. Sure, it doesn't change this year's figure, but it certainly changes next year and moving forward. I would expect we hear of a Kelly signing prior to the deadline so the Bs know exactly what $$ they are dealign with. Rask will be post-deadline only so they keep the door open to hearing absurd offers for Thomas. Silly if you ask me. Both aren't going anywhere this year, and might as well get the Rask deal done. Don't expect much more than a 3rd line wing or #4-5 D-man...and for those guys to be rentals only given the strength of the core moving forward and lack of trading partners as defending champs. Laugh all you want, but I wouldn't mind seeing Gill for depth and pairing him with Chara so Seids can anchor a second shut-down pairing with Ference. Let Corvo and Boychuck have their fun on the PP, and McQuaid rotate in if a physical presence is needed. Never will happen, though.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Gill is someone I have always liked and is a dependible shut down dman.  One of the best at it.  I would rather someone more mobile...and possibly someone for the PP...which is why I mentioned Souray.  But Gill would be a perfect fit and take some of the pressure off of Z. 
    Boychuk/Corvo are likely replaced next year by Kampfer and Hamilton. 
    Kelly/Rask will be back...but this team can surely use Campy as a 3rd line center if they want to spend in other areas. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Where did you hear that Wideman is good? Oh wait, most Boston fans already know he isn't....
    n Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : I hear that Dennis Wideman guy is pretty good. Too bad we didn't have him on our team. Oh wait...
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I'd send considerable futures to get Doan. Send corvo back to CAR with a 2nd for Gleason. Do something else to add a true #7 like Hnidy last year for padding before you have to call up Kampfer.

It would be the most dangerous 4 lines in the league.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Peverley-Kelley-Doan
    Pouliot-Campbell-Paille (Thornton)

Chara-Gleason
    Seids-Boychuck
    Ference-McQuaid
    (Back up)

Repeat boom. Doan walks after this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Also subtract $4.4m as the incremental amounts due to McQuaid, Peverley and Krecji on their new contracts, which begin in 2012-13.  So, depending on the raises which Kelly & Rask get, that cap space disappears pretty darned quick. Picking up someone like Weber at the deadline means that, in order to re-sign him to a LT deal, you'll have to jettison a lot of the existing contracts.  It's much like the situation which the Hawks faced after their Cup win, but not as extreme (though, it would be if the B's acquire Weber). They had gigantic new contracts kicking in with Toews and Kane, and were stuck with Campbell's huge LT deal.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Come out of the closet 49, I'll welcome you, you just need to admit it..LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Come out of the closet 49, I'll welcome you, you just need to admit it..LOL
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I think he's spent so much time here, he's slowly converting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let's all take a deep freaking breath and agree to let go the idea that Doug Hamilton will be a Boston Bruin next year.  Kid's got a lot of game, no question, but the Bruins have no need to rush him and I don't think there's a hope in Buffalo that he would beat Corvo in a camp competition.  At the WJHC, he looked at times like an even more aggressive Mike Green. He was a rover; I had terrible nightmares that he was Matt Lashoff in a mask.  I asked Chowdah at the time if that's his game in Niagara and he said less so this year than last, but even so, there's going to be a learning curve for the kid.

Corvo's probably gone next year.  I'm betting Boychuk stays; he doesn't do anything so well that someone will overpay to get him and there will be some shyness about how much of his success comes from playing with Z.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]I'd send considerable futures to get Doan. Send corvo back to CAR with a 2nd for Gleason. Do something else to add a true #7 like Hnidy last year for padding before you have to call up Kampfer. It would be the most dangerous 4 lines in the league. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Peverley-Kelley-Doan Pouliot-Campbell-Paille (Thornton) Chara-Gleason Seids-Boychuck Ference-McQuaid (Back up) Repeat boom. Doan walks after this year.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Pouliot is not a 4th line player, i think he's shown that he can do just fine on the third/2nd line. Horton & corvo are the only guys I would be looking to replace on this team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am not saying JJ should spend to the cap, after all he had to eat Lewis's contract, the Schaefer contract, and has built an arena without substantial public money.  If he decides to take the money, well, rewards to him.  Now he should not go the Henry way and cheap out the fans in the "Red Sox Nation".  Look for a defenseman to help Chara, the others are just not up to par.  Suter ( dare I say Bogosian, heh Red?), is a risk, ah but the reward would be one more Cup! The only other hope is Thomas/Rask can perform Herculean efforts in the playoffs! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Suter of course is the perfect fit, but I think he would cost too much.  Gleason is more realistic and would do the job nicely, but he too could be too much. Souray might not be a bad idea, even as a spare.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I am not saying JJ should spend to the cap, after all he had to eat Lewis's contract, the Schaefer contract, and has built an arena without substantial public money.  If he decides to take the money, well, rewards to him.  Now he should not go the Henry way and cheap out the fans in the "Red Sox Nation".  Look for a defenseman to help Chara, the others are just not up to par.  Suter ( dare I say Bogosian, heh Red?), is a risk, ah but the reward would be one more Cup! The only other hope is Thomas/Rask can perform Herculean efforts in the playoffs! 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

He won't be taking any money.  That's like saying when you go to the store with $50 in your pocket and leave without buying anything, you're up $50.