Captain Ference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Captain Ference

Well deserved.  Of all the players gone from the Cup run, I'll miss him the most.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=684721&navid=nhl:topheads

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Captain Ference

Pleasantly suprised because I thought they were going to give it to Hall. Not too long a go Ference was a whipping boy here. Now he is revered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Pleasantly suprised because I thought they were going to give it to Hall. Not too long a go Ference was a whipping boy here. Now he is revered.

True, he earned both!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

As one of the mainstay Defenseman on two Stanley Cup Final Teams in 3 years, I guess that is what Edmonton needs more than anything. A guy that has been there and has scaled the mountain. They still need 2 or 3 more top level D, but good start. Best of Luck Andrew. 

How about this; Boychuck and Hamilton for Nail Yakapov? Bad idea, but intriguing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He was a whipping boy for no good reason.  He had a history of injuries coming in and he isn't Ray Bourque. Nothing he did in Boston justified the way he was initially perceived.  He's been basically the same player for all of his years in Boston, but you know, actually seeing him play made people change their minds. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I thought he'd be a good choice for the captaincy when he signed there but I didn't think they'd give it to him as he was new to the club. A pleasant surprise. Hope he does well in his home town, and I'm glad he didn't sign in the East.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

He was a whipping boy for no good reason.  He had a history of injuries coming in and he isn't Ray Bourque. Nothing he did in Boston justified the way he was initially perceived.  He's been basically the same player for all of his years in Boston, but you know, actually seeing him play made people change their minds. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

That's probably a true statement Book.  But prior to the Cup run, everyone took abuse here, even Chara.

I applaud Ference most for just being a stand up guy both on the ice and in the community.

And of course, for flipping off 20,000 Habs fans!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Happy for my favorite fellow vegan.

Congrats Andrew.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hall will get it soon enough anyway and AF gets it becuase will do it correctly... now. For the most part I think most Bruin fans were upset with Ference becuase he couldn't stay in the lineup. Once he got past the abdominal problems he was rock solid.

Ference is just as good as Seidenberg I here LoL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Excellent choice. He has more character in his middle finger than most teams combined.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Great choice. I heard rumblings that he was being considered a couple weeks ago but never thought it would actually happen. Class act.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If you look at the comments on the tsn article, it's a lot of comments saying that he's either classless (the salute to the fans in Montreal) or that he shouldn't have got it because he's new to the team. The ones defending the selection are all Flames and Bruins fans saying it's a perfect choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Hall will get it soon enough anyway and AF gets it becuase will do it correctly... now. For the most part I think most Bruin fans were upset with Ference becuase he couldn't stay in the lineup. Once he got past the abdominal problems he was rock solid.

Ference is just as good as Seidenberg I here LoL

Flipping off the Belle Centre crowd didnt hurt him either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Congrats Andrew.

Every vegetarian that I know is the same JM..........hungry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Congrats Andrew.

[/QUOTE]

I like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Congrats Andrew.

[/QUOTE]

I like that.

[/QUOTE]

I believe I made it up Kel so feel free to use it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Looks like a good fit.  I hope that it works out well for them. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hats off. Was closer to the least talented player than the most talented, but always gave it his all. I think he had a rough year in 2009-2010, and management was for some reason criticized for signing him to 2 mil per year (which I thought was a bargain), to be a steady presence on the blue line, a leader in the locker room, and a great asset to the community. Few athletes truly appreciate the town they were playing in like Ference did, and he did it with tremendous class (minus the finger, which we all appreciated anyway). He stands up for his teammates against guys twice his size, and was always there.

Well deserved, Andrew. You'll be missed (by me, at the very least).