Caron looks to be the answer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Caron looks to be the answer

Was at the game and watched him the whole time. Had a couple weak shifts at the beginning but played better in the secOnd and third. Would still like to see PC go for a trade to upgrade but Caron is a serviceable third line forward in the NHL. His transition game is one of his biggest flaws.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

It is only one game but looked like a huge improvement over Bourque.   Both the 3rd and 4th line looked good today.  The Seg/Berg/March line didnt seem that noticeable today (Other than Seguin on the PP). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

ironic is mentioning the selke and then getting defensive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Looks to be the answer.

LOOKS to be the answer.

I did not say he IS the answer.

I said he LOOKS to be the answer.

One 10 minute game does not "look" like anything, just as if he had a weak day would not "look" like he's not the answer.

Context, please.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Looks to be the answer.

LOOKS to be the answer.

One 10 minute game does not "look" like anything, just as if he had a weak day would not "look" like he's not the answer.

Context, please.

That's not true at all. I knew Tardif and Bourque weren't the answers after seeing them for 10 minutes. If Caron struggled today it would indeed look like he wasn't the answer but he looked like an NHL player today. That's all I was looking for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The thing with Caron is, we have actually seen a much bigger sample size from him, over the past couple years.  And it has been a mixed bag.  So we have some background and an impression to start with before the game today.

I like him.  I liked him today.  But I would like to see more before believing that he has taken his game to the next level, which will be needed.  I'm rooting for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well lets see Caron....against......A real defense...not the Flyers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The thing with Caron is, we have actually seen a much bigger sample size from him, over the past couple years.  And it has been a mixed bag.  So we have some background and an impression to start with before the game today.

I like him.  I liked him today.  But I would like to see more before believing that he has taken his game to the next level, which will be needed.  I'm rooting for him.

Consistency will be the key to his sticking around for the long haul. He won't need to be great. Solid and consistent will do just fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I was at the game. He looked good but it is only one game. I am hoping Caron can keep it up, not ready to put him in the hall of fame just yet. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

He showed me nothing more than he did the last time he was up...despite the fact he had an assist. Actually didn't he blow a perfect set up pass to him just before he got the assist??

If his performance today looks like an answer, what was the question??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The shift he set up Kelly's goal was a good one. Most of the rest were ho-hum.  

I would say this is what i saw also. Not a bad game for first time up this season and hopefully he'll build on it,if not, back to the trade tracker thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

What I liked is that both Kelly and Pererley looked better. Maybe it was Caron, maybe not, but if an intangible gets those two going then whatever. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

What I liked is that both Kelly and Pererley looked better. Maybe it was Caron, maybe not, but if an intangible gets those two going then whatever. 

I agree scooter. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

He showed me nothing more than he did the last time he was up...despite the fact he had an assist. Actually didn't he blow a perfect set up pass to him just before he got the assist??

The question was could the Bruins find an adequate player for the 3rd line.

Today he looked like an adequate player, an adequate NHLer.

Of course I'm hoping he can consistently deliver that.

Should PC obtain a decent player at the trade deadline, I like the odds of this team in the playoffs.

And should that stud from Sweden materialize, then they'll be no stopping this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Go easy on NAS he's got a date w/ a "chick" tonight.

ugh what did I miss while I was in Boston ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I say he's being shopped and that's why he was brought up LOL

Agree with what many of you have been saying " consistency " .  3rd line did not get scored on, they were a +  and I'm happy with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Well you certainly won't be confused with someone who knows what they're talking about then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Well you certainly won't be confused with someone who knows what they're talking about then.

Yeah there's always a guy like you who thinks they know it all...so maybe you can explain it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yeah there's always a guy like you who thinks they know it all...so maybe you can explain it.

Where do you need me to begin? Your entire statement was false. The 3rd line clearly played a strong game at both ends for the 1st time in weeks. Caron's effort was instrumental in Kelly scoring a goal. The fact you'd think Caron screwed up just prior to it leads me to believe you wouldn't recognize a good play if it kicked you in the nuts. You're probably thinking he should've turned 2 on the play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Where do you need me to begin? Your entire statement was false. The 3rd line clearly played a strong game at both ends for the 1st time in weeks. Caron's effort was instrumental in Kelly scoring a goal. The fact you'd think Caron screwed up just prior to it leads me to believe you wouldn't recognize a good play if it kicked you in the nuts. You're probably thinking he should've turned 2 on the play.

Dez my friend I would like say again on this subject of Jordan Caron and chris bourque that u called it about a week ago or so, that Caron would be a better fit on the 3 rd line and today's game makes me look even dumber when I said that bourque brings as much or more then Caron. I was wrong and can admit it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

Dez my friend I would like say again on this subject of Jordan Caron and chris bourque that u called it about a week ago or so, that Caron would be a better fit on the 3 rd line and today's game makes me look even dumber when I said that bourque brings as much or more then Caron. I was wrong and can admit it.

Loyal, I admit it's only one game but the trio looked good today. Here's what CJ had to say about Caron's debut.

I thought he was good today, Julien told the media postgame. He skated well, he was on the puck, he was forechecking. They were pinching pretty hard down 3-0, and I thought he was pretty solid along the wall in our own end.

On that goal  Kellys goal a lot of credit had to go his way with how he got the puck off the wall, some give-and-go [with Peverley], and found Kells in the slot. I thought major work was done by him.

"Julien also spoke to the fact that having Caron, who uses his size and strength to get to the dirty areas of the ice, on that line adds another dimension to the trio. Though the Bs bench boss was quick to point out that, not only did Caron play well, but so too did Kelly and Peverley.

I think thats his strength, said Julien. I think it™s his strength to go to those areas, but the way we play the game, if the pucks on the one side and he happens to be along the wall, somebody else has to go to the front. Its about sharing all of those duties.

He just brought an element today personally, I thought he had a real good game, and so did [Kelly and Peverley]. Lets not overlook the fact that Caron didn™t make that line all of a sudden be better, all three guys were really good today."

I thought Pevs was skating well and was good, was stronger with the puck and so was Kells. Probably, that whole line was a better today as a threesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

LOL...OK so Caron made a nice pass to set up Kelly, but he shortarmed the pass from Peverley just before that when he would have had a clear shot on net himself, check the film.

I guess for the hockey gurus that is enough to satisfy for the whole game, not to mention it was against what used to be a good Flyers team that looked really bad today.

Ottawa and Pittsburgh are coming up lets hope the youngster shows us all the same "instrumental" type effort he had during one shift against the Flyers.

BTW,  spare me your snide baseball remarks because they're lame and bullcrap!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

LOL...OK so Caron made a nice pass to set up Kelly, but he shortarmed the pass from Peverley just before that when he would have had a clear shot on net himself, check the film.

I guess for the hockey gurus that is enough to satisfy for the whole game, not to mention it was against what used to be a good Flyers team that looked really bad today.

Ottawa and Pittsburgh are coming up lets hope the youngster shows us all the same "instrumental" type effort he had during one shift against the Flyers.

BTW,  spare me your snide baseball remarks because they're lame and bullcrap!

See above post to find out what a Stanley Cup winning coach of the year thought of Caron and the 3rd line in today's game. After that you'll see that people who know hockey see much more in a game than someone like yourself who probably just saw bits and pieces of a highlight reel. Thanks for your input. Useless but entertaining I guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I guess you just have to walk a fine line with NAS and be a realist. Too much optimism, and he'll quickly tell you to pump the brakes. Too much pessimism, he'll stomp his feet and start a post as to how this place is headed down the tubes.

While I agree that one game doesn't necessarily mean that he IS the answer, but it seems he may be a viable solution to the 3rd line. I'd like to see them get somebody better to put them over the top, but he definitely has the ability to play 3rd line hockey. I just don't think his ceiling is very high, and I think that there are better solutions out there that they might be able to grab before the deadline. I trust that PC is doing his due diligence and kicking all sorts of tires right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looks to be the answer.

LOOKS to be the answer.

Just came back from Boston ...100% with you on this one....Caron had a very good game ...looked very good , won his battles on the board....nice pass to Kelly on the goal.....my stars for this game are Paille, Caron and  Rask