Carron to be called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Carron to be called up

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Probably not even that long actually NAS. If he looks dreadful early on then I suspect PC will rotate him out for another youngster from Prov. You all know I'm on record saying I think he will play well. I fully stand behind that assertion.

You certainly are. I believe we had some previous disagreements on whether he was a 20 goal scorer or not.....lol.

This is his big chance....contract year.

What, you disagreed with me? I thought I got totally argumentative and abusive to any and all who disagree with me. Well that is puzzling now isn't it? Ha ha, I remember saying that to you. I still feel that way about him but I must admit he's made it harder and harder for me to continue debating. I know you hope I'm right though. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What, you disagreed with me? I thought I got totally argumentative and abusive to any and all who disagree with me. Well that is puzzling now isn't it? Ha ha, I remember saying that to you. I still feel that way about him but I must admit he's made it harder and harder for me to continue debating. I know you hope I'm right though. :)

lol..I certainly do. His numbers from Providence are just not encouraging but we will see how he does with the big boys. He is running out of chances....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

lol..I certainly do. His numbers from Providence are just not encouraging but we will see how he does with the big boys. He is running out of chances....

I dare say this year could be his last chance in Boston. It sounds strange but I truly feel his making it as an 18 year old has had a negative impact on the way he's perceived by the fanbase. If he was just plying his trade in the minors this whole time then the expectations wouldn't have been so high for so long. It also might've given him a false sense of entitlement. Oh well, here's his chance to put up or shut (me) up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I actually thought Caron looked good the last time he was in a B's jersey, but that was me. He made some nice plays and seem to get involved in the play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I actually thought Caron looked good the last time he was in a B's jersey, but that was me. He made some nice plays and seem to get involved in the play.

Was he wearing a spoked 'B' or 'P' on his sweater?? My guess is 'P' - don't recall Caron ever looking worthy to wear the 'B' before...but it's a contract year and time to be optimistic, right? right??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no, he had some spurts where he created some offensive chances and forechecked. When he forechecks, he's pretty good, but unfortunately his downfall has been he simply pulls a Chris Bourque...disappears and forces CJ to bench him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

You being negative,thought only allowed to say positive things?

How is giving him 18 games to prove his worth being negative?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Remember he is still young, and some players need time to develop. Jumbo Joe took a few years to develop, so Caron might need a few more. A guy that size and talented, might just need the time to figure it out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

My biggest concern is that the times he's played well was with Bergeron. There's no way you can do that until you plan on double shifting Patrice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hope he comes up and rips so PC can save assets instead of trading for third line help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That would be nice. Plus, Soderberg coming over and proving NHL worthy would be another bonus.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to wax all fanboy, but imagine if Soderberg comes over and actually is capable of being just as good as Ryder was on that third line?  Playing a bit on the PP2...AND Caron plays a very successful grinding, simple game that helps get the 3rd line on track?  Who plays?  Who sits?  When will they bring back surefire prospect Riendeau?!

Okay, seriously, I hope Caron finds his game again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I hope he comes up and rips so PC can save assets instead of trading for third line help.

I'm with ya I always liked Caron on the third line. He can play minutes on the pk as well. He was on an awful line in prov wouldn't be surprised if he brought some offense to the third line. But then what would be have to complain about, right back to the pp I guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That would be pretty sweet Book, a Brunner instead of a Brunnstrom....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yeah that's what I meant also. It might be 18 games till the deadline but this guy is the type of player the Bruins want bottom six. I wish he had done better also in Providence, but this time my gut says he sticks and the third line picks up with him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

@DarrenDreger: Chris Bourque cleared Waivers. No one on today.

it'll be interesting if he gets called back up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Yeah !! A bit late, but want to express my joy to see Caron given a try ! According to me, if he plays physical and go to the net, he's capable to stay with the big boys !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

You certainly are. I believe we had some previous disagreements on whether he was a potential 20 goal scorer or not.....lol.

I know we had quite a discussion about Caron last year.  I thought he'd be a full-time 3rd line winger this year and would get at least 15 goals. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to jmwalters's comment:

You certainly are. I believe we had some previous disagreements on whether he was a potential 20 goal scorer or not.....lol.

I know we had quite a discussion about Caron last year.  I thought he'd be a full-time 3rd line winger this year and would get at least 15 goals. 

Big day for Caron. I hope he's ready to play physical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

He's still only 22 years old.  I haven't given up on him.  He's a big body who has scored 10 goals in 71 NHL games.  I'll take him over a 27 year old Bourque who is small and has 2 goals in 51 NHL games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

He's still only 22 years old.  I haven't given up on him.  He's a big body who has scored 10 goals in 71 NHL games.  I'll take him over a 27 year old Bourque who is small and has 2 goals in 51 NHL games.

Yep, and he's still adding weight to his big frame. He's got a heavy shot, he's tough to move from the slot and he can chip in on the PK. I think he'll be just what the doctor ordered for line 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

All he needs now is consistency in his intensity. If he can do that he will thrive. So far he hasn't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

All he needs now is consistency in his intensity. If he can do that he will thrive. So far he hasn't.

Yep, that's a pretty accurate assessment JM.