CBC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

CBC

And finally we can say goodbye to those bias Canadien broadcasters on CNBC.  I though I had been converted to a Canadien...  I thought those were away games for the Bruins, so why wasn't the Boston broadcasters on CNBC air...

Please media world, no more Rangers this, that and everything...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: CBC

In response to bingobilly's comment:

And finally we can say goodbye to those bias Canadien broadcasters on CNBC.  I though I had been converted to a Canadien...  I thought those were away games for the Bruins, so why wasn't the Boston broadcasters on CNBC air...

WT....F r u talking about? CBC & CNBC are 2 different venue's. If CNBC was showing a B's game they probably weren't there, but had the rights to carry the CBC feed which would mean CANADIAN BROADCAST CORP. And quite frankly I think this yr considering Toronto is back in the play-offs & Healy played for the Leafs. I think they've been far more tolerable than they have been in the past. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

WT....F r u talking about? CBC & CNBC are 2 different venue's. If CNBC was showing a B's game they probably weren't there, but had the rights to carry the CBC feed which would mean CANADIANBROADCAST CORP. And quite frankly I think this yr considering Toronto is back in the play-offs & Healy played for the Leafs. I think they've been far more tolerable than they have been in the past. 

I don't get why Centre ice doesn't show the games anymore,much rather watch NESM,I guess i will have to call Rogers and drop it for the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

WT....F r u talking about? CBC & CNBC are 2 different venue's. If CNBC was showing a B's game they probably weren't there, but had the rights to carry the CBC feed which would mean CANADIANBROADCAST CORP. And quite frankly I think this yr considering Toronto is back in the play-offs & Healy played for the Leafs. I think they've been far more tolerable than they have been in the past. 

I live in southwest Florida and the past 2 games were on the CNBC channel as other games have been and yes they got the feed from CBC so therefore much of the audio and video content was slanted towards Toronto both inside the rink and outside where a throng of 20k people had gathered. 

I have no complaint about the Leafs, as a matter of fact I follow all six of the original NHL teams...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Personally I understand CBC's ball washing of the Leafs considering they are a Canadian network. It annoys me as a Bruins fan but it is what it is.

What drives me insane is how they fawn over the Habs and minimize the play of the Senators to almost comical levels. Last I heard, Ottawa was still in Canada too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Personally I understand CBC's ball washing of the Leafs considering they are a Canadian network. It annoys me as a Bruins fan but it is what it is.

What drives me insane is how they fawn over the Habs and minimize the play of the Senators to almost comical levels. Last I heard, Ottawa was still in Canada too.

I think they moved it to Maine, at least thats what you'd think listening to Bob Cole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I think they moved it to Maine, at least thats what you'd think listening to Bob Cole.

Hopefully the price was right.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

There won't be too much talk on CBC about the Habs after tonight. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Cashman72's comment:

...except to dissect the under performance of Montreal, rather than the accomplishments of Ottawa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

...except to dissect the under performance of Montreal, rather than the accomplishments of Ottawa.

Bingo.....near the end of the game Cole was musing at how the habs have a bright future and will be better "next time." No thought as to how the Sens dismantled them in five games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

At 5-1 did any of you hear Bob Cole say about the Habs,  This could be your last game tonight ..... You think !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hughson is very similar, so obvious in the cup final.  Never gave props to the Bruins even in those lopsided wins in Boston .  He's not as bad this time around but every once in a while during the game he does it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Watching CBC's coverage of Minny-CHI and they are actually quite good and level when they have no skin in the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Watching CBC's coverage of Minny-CHI and they are actually quite good and level when they have no skin in the game.

yes that's Dean Brown , the voice of the Sens. They stuck him on that series.  I guess he has the least seniority

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

yes that's Dean Brown , the voice of the Sens. They stuck him on that series.  I guess he has the least seniority

He knows his stuff, and at least has command of the player names for both teams.

Cole and Hughson should take notes....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I never liked Hughson even as far back as when he worked  for TSN years ago. He moved back to B.C. when I moved out West here and I heard him even more. The cup series was horrible, they all picked the Canucks to roll over the Bruins and when that started to unravel they still couldn't bring themselves to aknowledge what was happening. I listened to Doc and Eddie O when I bought the games on itunes (to keep forever). It was a notably different interpretation of the games. The best part of the Canucks being gone is I get to hear the whining on sports talk radio for the next few weeks/months- gotta love it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Hughson is very similar, so obvious in the cup final.  Never gave props to the Bruins even in those lopsided wins in Boston .  He's not as bad this time around but every once in a while during the game he does it.

He's not as bad this time around because the series does not involve his beloved Nucks. Hughson is from B.C so his Nuck bagsniffing can be understood but should never be condoned. As was said earlier it didn't and doesn't matter what great things the B's do, its what the other team should have done better and during the 2011 Cup run it became apparent that the CBC wanted Philly or Tampa to win, anyone but Boston. They kept going on about how Philly could come back at any moment from any deficit and then were in love with the genious of Guy Boucher and the ageless Marty St.Louis. All of this made it all the more sweeter and i still love listening to the replay of the 7th game in Vancouver when Hughson,Simpson and Healey had to all swallow their bitter horse pills, it was simply wonderful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's seems like some of you have never heard of "marketing".

Yeah, Canadian Broadcast Corp is going to slant towards the Canadian team.  Every time.

Considering the size of the fan bases, yes, they are going to slant towards the Habs over the Sens.  Every time.

I'd certainly expect nothing different.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

............compared to when Dean Brown is paired with Denis Potvin . When together as Sens announcers they can be unbearable. Gary Galley kept Brown in check by being neutral.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

............compared to when Dean Brown is paired with Denis Potvin . When together as Sens announcers they can be unbearable. Gary Galley kept Brown in check by being neutral.

Best to keep Brown out west then for the forseeable future.

Galley also tried to reign in Cole, did not work so well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's seems like some of you have never heard of "marketing".

Yeah, Canadian Broadcast Corp is going to slant towards the Canadian team.  Every time.

Considering the size of the fan bases, yes, they are going to slant towards the Habs over the Sens.  Every time.

I'd certainly expect nothing different.

It's Hughson's tactics that I hate, you can be a little bias and I can understand that,  it's his almost sneaky way that dirves me mad. Does he think fans are that stupid and cannot see what he's trying to do or say ?  He'll say the (his) team is under performaning  rather than the praise the accomplishments of the other team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It's Hughson's tactics that I hate, you can be a little bias and I can understand that,  it's his almost sneaky way that dirves me mad. Does he think fans are that stupid and cannot see what he's trying to do or say ?  He'll say the (his) team is under performaning  rather than the praise the accomplishments of the other team.

Exactly...this is the annoying thing. For example, he will rag on Chara for a full period when the big man makes a mistake but then completely ignore the fact that Ceddy had a fine outing by the end of the game which was obious to most watching. If I hear one more time the Orr is wearing him out I am going to lose it....the only person getting punished is Orr when he goes for a hit and comes out limping.

One example of many.....