CBC broadcast embarassing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

CBC broadcast embarassing

I realize that CBC is a canadian station & the Canucks are a Canadian team but the homerism that was in full effect last night, especially in the 3rd period was disgusting.

Hughson, Healy & Simpson were making every excuse in the book for the Canucks play. Stating the Bruins were attempting to take the game to "the ditch" & that the Canucks should avoid that style of play. Yet Burrows bite was the initial thing that started all the chippyness in the 1st place.

They certainly gave Thomas credit & props but were almost diminishing the rest of the Bruins. Krejci leads the playoffs in points & you hardly here them acknowledge the guy.

I usually don't get to bothered by announcers but I just felt last night was terrible on the part of CBC.

Did anyone else who watched the CBC telecast feel the same?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Re: CBC broadcast embarassing

The VS broadcast was the exactly the same thing. They take every opportunity to highlight all the "great" vancouver plays even though they scored 0 goals. The color commentary is just awful.

I mean kesler cross checks bergeron off the opening face off and they call it a good play -_-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Every media outlet outside of Boston is doing this. NHL Home Ice is awful...basically telling us at every moment what excuses there are for Vancouver. My favorite is the analysis of the VAN power play and why it is struggling. I know why it's struggling:

The Boston Bruins

That's why.

There is absolutely nothing illegal or ugly about how Boston is playing. They are not cheap. They are hitting everything in sight, completely taking away open ice, taking advantage of shaky goaltending, skating hard, winning battles along the boards, cutting down on stupid turnouvers from Games 1-2, agitating Vancouver's skill players and getting stellar goaltending at the end of it all. What do the broadcasters expect?

To me, they are simply reflecting the same ol' tired sense of entitlement that a lot (not all) of Canadian fans have. Not to lump everyone in, but those who work in the game seem to think their way is the only way to play the game. Trouble is, it's not a Boston thing. The system, players, coach, management, etc from Boston are just as non-American as they come. It's absurd.

Do you remember any of this whining mess when it was CHI-PHI, or PIT-DET? Nope. Those fan bases don't have the "Whaaaaaaaa" gene. Drives me nuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The VS commentary on Marchand at the end had me yelling at the TV. Tried to claim he was being cheap by ducking an oncoming Sedin. Are you kidding me? They called it reckless, and said that Sedin could really get hurt.

What's he supposed to do, let the guy take a run at him? He's not allowed to get out of the way? Seemed to me when Hamhuis upended Lucic, he was intentionally trying to flip him. Good for him. Nice hit. Nobody around here was calling it cheap or anything.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

At least VS got their comments about McQuaid right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

exact same hit, different commentary....sums up the bias we've all seen and heard. it's pretty funny. i like how after last nights game the "experts" did an about face, and changed their tune. it's like they really could not believe the bruins could hang with the canucks- so they were full support for canucks. now they are taking a closer look at what's really happening on the ice. after last games 8-1 blow out, there was no talk of bruins carrying momentum, it was "canucks will respond in a big way"... "expect their best game of the playoffs"...comical- talk about jumping on the bruins bandwagon, everyone's on now. for those of us who have been riding it since october and 1972, welcome, there's room for everybody. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

In Response to Re: CBC broadcast embarassing:
    [QUOTE]The VS commentary on Marchand at the end had me yelling at the TV. Tried to claim he was being cheap by ducking an oncoming Sedin. Are you kidding me? They called it reckless, and said that Sedin could really get hurt. What's he supposed to do, let the guy take a run at him? He's not allowed to get out of the way? Seemed to me when Hamhuis upended Lucic, he was intentionally trying to flip him. Good for him. Nice hit. Nobody around here was calling it cheap or anything.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
     last time i checked it wasnt illegal to duck a check, Marchand didnt stick his body out to make a hit he just ducked.  i was totally yelling at my tv when they said it was dirty wheres jack edwards when you ned him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The VS commentary on Marchand at the end had me yelling at the TV. Tried to claim he was being cheap by ducking an oncoming Sedin. Are you kidding me? They called it reckless, and said that Sedin could really get hurt. What's he supposed to do, let the guy take a run at him? He's not allowed to get out of the way? Seemed to me when Hamhuis upended Lucic, he was intentionally trying to flip him. Good for him. Nice hit. Nobody around here was calling it cheap or anything.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

The best is Marchand, instead of getting hit to the knees by Ehroff ,  sidesteps and in that motion kind of shoves aside Ehroff. CBC  said he clothes-lines him ???  
    Now he's getting a penalty and the whistle is blown and who comes in to charge Marchand ... a Sedin.  Marchand ducks or he could get hurt even concussed the way the Sedin came charging in.

CBC was pathetic. All game (and game3 also) they came up with excuses on why Vancouver was not winning or how the Bruins score lucky goals or what they should do to beat Thomas.  WHO ARE THEY ???  Vancouver's video coaches ???
    Then the penalties and I'll be as objective as can be.  If the ref misses one on Boston they'll always point it out. They must have said Boston had too many men on the ice 6x on a play in the 3rd. 
    What about when Vancouver has too many men ? 
    What about all the missed calls on Vancouver ? 
    Seems as if when it comes to Canucks they're walking on eggshells.

Except for the guys on NHL on the fly they're lovin' Marchand. They called him the "Wolverine" .  Tenuous !
    They've commented on the Bruins in a very positive way.
    Doug Weight loved him as a player and great post game commentator.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY AGREE. I couldn't understand why they were getting on Marchand, and half the time one of them (not sure which) is carping about how the Bruins just have to "keep their heads up and know where the opposition is", to make sure they don't get hurt by Vancouver's "perfectly legal" hits. Well, dude, that's all Marchand was doing--he saw the hit coming and hip checked the knucklehead perfectly legally!! (Seem to recall a similar hip check on Lucic that commentators thought was fine.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I will give VS a little credit for going back and showing the hack by Burrows that resulted in Thomas's retaliation. Bottom line is that if Vancouver is going to continue playing like punks they better hope all the games are either tied or one goal leads because if the game is decided with 5 minutes still on the clock they will be made to pay for everything they pulled the previous 55.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Yep, I'm stuck with CBC as well. Can't stand them. Canucks have had double the powerplays the Bruins have had yet still complain. Man I miss Jack & Brick!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Ed Olzyck is horrible. How does NBC/VS let this guy do games. I love how Doc defers to him for "coaching commentary"; last I knew he is unemployed as a coach, and not because he resigned. Coincidence??? I think not, if he was a good coach, he'd still be doing it.

Emerick is really good, sad that NBC/VS can't get him a good partner.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, I'm stuck with CBC as well. Can't stand them. Canucks have had double the powerplays the Bruins have had yet still complain. Man I miss Jack & Brick!!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

the biggest travesty of all of this is that we in the boston area cannot watch nesn coverage of the game because we are stuck with versus/nbc. jp i must be alone cause i look forward to the game feed from cbc/hnic the next day on nhl on the fly. i think they do a better job with pregame,in between periods and post game as far versus/nbc goes i dont mind the commentary ed-o i could do without doc calls a great game and pierre in the box between the bench's is fantastic. then again the Achilles heel of cbc/hnic is of course healy is a clown but i think hughson and simpson are good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

I mute it now.  I can't believe how bad its been. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I'm Canadian, and it's that favortism that makes me hate Vancouver. And most Canadian teams. A lot of Canadian players...Heck, I cheered for the USA in the Olympics.

They've been all over Vancouver for two years now. They lost to Chicago two years ago, and the excuses were out. Canucks were somehow still better. Lost to them again last year, same thing. The Canucks are somehow still the better team. Chicago WON THE CUP, and still, Canucks are better. This year, they go up 3-0 against HALF of the defending champions, and somehow this proves the Canucks were always better.

They're a cheap team. And they don't deserve to win. How many champions play like the Canucks? Blow 3-0 leads, don't show up in big games, etc...how many world class goalies lose the way Luongo does in the playoffs? Roy and Brodeur didn't have a lot of 7-1 games. But with him and the Canucks you can almost count on there being a couple of games like that per series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Slightly pro canadian for some reason...........I just don't get it. ;-)

Yes it's annoying, but like this forum, use the "ignore" button by muting the sound on your TV when it goes over the top.

Won't it be sweet when the B's win the Cup and they (CBC) will have to bow down and acknowledge them? That's what I'm pulling for.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

btw modano....not to nit-pick but the score was 8-1!!!!!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I'm watching at a brewpub with the sound off. Then only problem is, they don't have a graphic for the penalty, and don't always show the ref's signal. Minor irritation. As for Marchand, the way I saw it, he didn't bend his knees like Hamhuis did, so it was a proper hip check. If you rush a guy you really hope he just stands there and takes his medicine. Then they're yelling at the ref, "he didn't let me cream him. That's a penalty." We just don't have a name for it yet. But it goes in the same category as "the Nyuk hit me in the face, so I'll be serving a 2-minute matching penalty." Or a game misconduct, because I said a nasty thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

It is annoying listening to the CBC guys.  However, I've always wanted to be able to hear what's being said on the ice, and maybe bench.  These two give a window to that, because they parrot the same BS that comes from the Nucks.  And since these two d-bags might as well be wearing Vacouver sweaters, I like hearing them say stupid things.  (For example, after Bergeron laid out a Canuck: "Bergeron gets crushed") 

It's like they think no one else is watching and we're just listening from the kitchen or something.

It's video, we see what's happening.

My point is, the whinier and dumber those two get, the better the Bruins are doing yeah?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanNewbie. Show BruinsFanNewbie's posts

If the commentary gets too much, try:

http://boston.cbslocal.com == /> 98.5 The Sports Hub

or

download the radio.com app, then find 98.5 The Sports Hub

It can be a pain in the rump to sync up the 2 streams, since there's a delay on the app, but it's still usually better than the national commentary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Every media outlet outside of Boston is doing this. NHL Home Ice is awful...basically telling us at every moment what excuses there are for Vancouver. My favorite is the analysis of the VAN power play and why it is struggling. I know why it's struggling: The Boston Bruins That's why. There is absolutely nothing illegal or ugly about how Boston is playing. They are not cheap. They are hitting everything in sight, completely taking away open ice, taking advantage of shaky goaltending, skating hard, winning battles along the boards, cutting down on stupid turnouvers from Games 1-2, agitating Vancouver's skill players and getting stellar goaltending at the end of it all. What do the broadcasters expect? To me, they are simply reflecting the same ol' tired sense of entitlement that a lot (not all) of Canadian fans have. Not to lump everyone in, but those who work in the game seem to think their way is the only way to play the game. Trouble is, it's not a Boston thing. The system, players, coach, management, etc from Boston are just as non-American as they come. It's absurd. Do you remember any of this whining mess when it was CHI-PHI, or PIT-DET? Nope. Those fan bases don't have the "Whaaaaaaaa" gene. Drives me nuts.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Given your whing and rant i can clearly see you've got the Whaaaa gene !