CBC Hockey Reporters say Jagr a healthy scratch

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: CBC Hockey Reporters say Jagr a healthy scratch

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

So you are saying that right now, in the eastern conference finals, with the bruins 3 wins away to their second trip to the stanley cup finals, you want to have Torey Krug, an undersized defenseman with less than 10 NHL games on his resume, whos playing great defense right now, to just make the leap to playing forward. And you dont see how thats a bad idea?

The guy has outproduced Jagr by a mile, can skate, has nice vision, sees the ice, is a defenseman, so he sees things from a defensive standpoint already, etc.  Jagr offers none of this outside of seeing the ice.

Heck, I wouldn't mind Krug on the WIng on the PP as the guy on the half boards, for crying out loud. Great stickhandling, skating, quick, vision, etc.

Like I said, I don't care who it is, just upgrade the spot because Rask bailed us out in Game 1.  Don't expect that to happen every game. We need to clean up the defensive transition and reduce turnovers in Game 2.

[/QUOTE]

Hey as far as production goes, you cant argue with the numbers Krugs been putting up.  But thats even more of a reason to keep him where he is.

Also, while Rask did play an unbelievable game, hard to say that he 'bailed' the Bruins out, id say the offense played a pretty big part for controlloing the pace of the game and clogging the nuetral zone, keeping puck possesion etc.

If the Bruins won by 1 goal, would definitely be a bail out.  3 goals, not so much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Dude, they brought him here to help the PP but hasn't done so...yet.  He has the potential to so more than anyone who's not dressing.  That's why he should be in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

98.5 sports hub says Jager is playing and quoted several other reporters who say Jagr is playing.  Jagr skated by hmself, but they said he often does that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

who is this reporter? do they have a twitter? what program was this said on?

If nite says he heard it, we don't need to check the validity of the claim.

[/QUOTE]

certainly wasn't questioning Nite, I just wanted to know more, and was hoping to check this guys twitter. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Jagr is out of the line-up it because of an injury. No way he is a healthy scratch.

Yeah, he's been really effective. "No way" it might be to improve that wing position where he looks 2 second behind everyone else and is a major turnover machine, leading to scary opps over and over by a lethal transition team like Pitt.

"No way".

Guys, it's not 1998 or even 2006 anymore. It's 2013.  The guy simply is on the last legs of his professional career.  He's done literally nothing but curl and drag in the corner and not go to the net or play any team D. He was picking the red line the other night badly, too.

What player are you watching out there?  If his name wasn't Jagr and going to the HOF that weak play would have been replaced a while ago.

They should activate Bartkowski and just ask Krug to play wing. He's defensively responsible and can really skate and pass.

[/QUOTE]

The idea that CJ should play a rookie out of position in the semis sounds more foolish each time you suggest it. 

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't play like a rookie, does he?  Bourque played Wing before.  How "foolish" was that?

[/QUOTE]

Very foolish because his skill set would be missed on defense. How many of Bourque's 1612 games did he play forward?  Why didn't he play there full time if it was such a great idea? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If Jagr is out of the line-up it because of an injury. No way he is a healthy scratch.

Yeah, he's been really effective. "No way" it might be to improve that wing position where he looks 2 second behind everyone else and is a major turnover machine, leading to scary opps over and over by a lethal transition team like Pitt.

"No way".

Guys, it's not 1998 or even 2006 anymore. It's 2013.  The guy simply is on the last legs of his professional career.  He's done literally nothing but curl and drag in the corner and not go to the net or play any team D. He was picking the red line the other night badly, too.

What player are you watching out there?  If his name wasn't Jagr and going to the HOF that weak play would have been replaced a while ago.

They should activate Bartkowski and just ask Krug to play wing. He's defensively responsible and can really skate and pass.

If not, Daugavins is my first choice if not a Krug experiment.  Soderberg 3rd.

thank you for illustrating for all how little you know about hockey. 

[/QUOTE]

Nice backpedal.  This is hilarious.

I've been pointing out for weeks now how weak Jagr has been for what he was supposed to be brought here to do, and we want to keep pretending he's having an impact on the heels of the news he might be a healthy scratch?

lol!

You irrational homers in here are a joke.  You're just mad my analysis on Jagr was so accurate, this potential scratch news reflects my strong analysis.

I don't care who replaces him. I just know whoever it is will play better and have more of an impact than what he's done. The one good pass a game or curl and drag move isn't enough over 3 periods of play, especially against a lethal offense like the Pens have.

Deal with it.

[/QUOTE]

Your analysis also included the conclusion that Jagr's stick is too long. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

98.5 sports hub says Jager is playing and quoted several other reporters who say Jagr is playing.  Jagr skated by hmself, but they said he often does that.

So no healthy scratch for Jagr?

Not putting Krug at left wing?

Oh thats right, that would be stupid..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"No way".

[/QUOTE]

The idea that CJ should play a rookie out of position in the semis sounds more foolish each time you suggest it. 

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't play like a rookie, does he?  Bourque played Wing before.  How "foolish" was that?

[/QUOTE]

Very foolish because his skill set would be missed on defense. How many of Bourque's 1612 games did he play forward?  Why didn't he play there full time if it was such a great idea? 

[/QUOTE]

Becasue BassFishing/BassFishingII/RidingWithTheKing/RidingWithTheKingII/CliffordWasHere doesnt know what he is talking about.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

guys, cliff is clearly just thinking on the next level. He's playing chess while we're all playing checkers. Afterall, they moved Hunwick from D to wing. We all remember how greatly that turned out. So let's just all admit it. Cliff is too smart for us. Honestly, we're not worthy. Cliff you're too good for this board. I'm personally going to write to both 98.5 and WEEI to try to get you on the air with them. For now however, I think you're just too advanced for boston.com. Do us all a favor, start a blog, write your insipirational words there. We'll all come read it. You can even put ads up and monetize it, get paid for your genius. However I think you're just wasting your time here. You're a man amongst boys on these forums. Spend your time and energy trying to get your words of wisdom on a bigger stage. 

Thanks for everything

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"No way".

thank you for illustrating for all how little you know about hockey. 

[/QUOTE]

Nice backpedal.  This is hilarious.

I've been pointing out for weeks now how weak Jagr has been for what he was supposed to be brought here to do, and we want to keep pretending he's having an impact on the heels of the news he might be a healthy scratch?

lol!

You irrational homers in here are a joke.  You're just mad my analysis on Jagr was so accurate, this potential scratch news reflects my strong analysis.

I don't care who replaces him. I just know whoever it is will play better and have more of an impact than what he's done. The one good pass a game or curl and drag move isn't enough over 3 periods of play, especially against a lethal offense like the Pens have.

Deal with it.

[/QUOTE]

Your analysis also included the conclusion that Jagr's stick is too long. 

[/QUOTE]

YEah. It is.  He used to be able to get away with it as a great puckhandler because he was quick. Now, he's slow as molasses and gets gassed easily, so his long stick to create space and defende the puck, doesn't work.

Do you even watch him play in these games and see what he does?  Or do you just gush over seeing Jagr's name on the back of a Bruins jersey?

Chara's stick is very long, understandably so. Jagr's, while at one time a great way for him to play his style, now doesn't work well for him at all.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for responding, that was awesome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"No way".

Yeah because a putting a rookie defenseman at wing against the Penguins seems logical.

Why are you still here?

You know nothing about ANY sports. Your just a troll that has been banned numerous times. You argue with numerous posters on the Patriots board anbd here. You dont know what your talking about and your a dick about it.

Lets go over the screen names (but before we do, that post Pure Comedy thread NAS had up about your claiming ot be new to the board, HILARIOUS, and you call other people dorks and tools)

Here are the screen names you have been banned under. (That I know of)

BassFishing

RidingWithTheKing

BassFishingII

RidingWithTheKingII.

Your a hack from way back. You tell lies, don't know what your talking about ( Bobby Orr??, Red filled you in on that one) and when your caught, you claim you just mistyped or mispoke. Sure..

Then you questioned NAS' social life when YOU had over 2000 posts in 8 days under BassFishing II.

But never your fault right? Everyone else is the "dork" or the "tool". You've been banned at least four times, but it's the MODS fault right?

Ever think the problem is you?

No. Because most crazy people don't know their crazy.

And no a**hole cares that he is one. Thats what makes them a**holes.

Your both.

Now get lost.

Beat it loser.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. You became unglued pretty easily there, huh?  How many board violations did you commit in that little temper tantrum?

Here's a suggestion: Don't be a homer. Learn to use critical thinking without your pink helmet on your head.

[/QUOTE]

Though I respect how you stand up to the "rat pack" on this board I disagree with you about Jagr.  Yes he is not scoring but he controls the play, attacting one or more opponents opening up his team mates and the pp has looked better (except for last game).  Also he is not hurting the B's defensively and I trust him more than anyone else who would take his place.  I hope he plays tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

WHy does he skate by himself?  

[/QUOTE]

He is known for his work ethic. He arrives early and leaves late.

Simple explanation........"dude".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, just got to this thread.  This is a proverbial career killer for Clifford.  Just awful from beginning to end.  Like a few other posters, I think we're dealing with a child here.  Every single post is more inept and foolish than the last.  Who is this guy?  I actually like his avatar.

Stanley called, he wants his reasoning and logic back.

Pulling Jagr for any other reason than an injury would indeed be foolish, which is why it won't be happening.  The notion that Krug taking Jagr's spot would even be an option is just a little too inane to respond to.

I expect a breakthrough from Jagr at some point.  He's had some chances.  I think the same about Seguin.  These guys are gonna break through.  Tonight...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

From Bruins.com

Pregame Notebook: Lineup Status Quo, B's Expecting Greater Challenge

PITTSBURGH, PA - Game Two awaits tonight at the CONSOL Energy Center as the Bruins look to take a 2-0 series lead from the Penguins. Boston took Game One by shutting out Pittsburgh, 3-0, marking the first time it had been shut out in 97 games.

All Bruins, except for Jaromir Jagr, hit the ice for the team's pregame skate. Jagr also stayed off a morning in New York City, when the Bruins were facing the Rangers, so it's not uncommon. He most likely did off-ice work or may have skated earlier. The vet took part in Sunday's optional practice.

If this was already stated...well here it is again...l I didn't feel like reading some of the more long worded posts that may have mentioned it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Ok good. So we now have 2 sides and will have to wait until puck drop to see who was right I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Wow, just got to this thread.  This is a proverbial career killer for Clifford.  Just awful from beginning to end.  Like a few other posters, I think we're dealing with a child here.  Every single post is more inept and foolish than the last.  Who is this guy?  I actually like his avatar.

Pulling Jagr for any other reason than an injury would indeed be foolish, which is why it won't be happening.  The notion that Krug taking Jagr's spot would even be an option is just a little too inane to respond to.

I expect a breakthrough from Jagr at some point.  He's had some chances.  I think the same about Seguin.  These guys are gonna break through.  Tonight...?

I agree 100% Fletch. I hope CBC has it wrong, but I think it was a thread worth starting considering it was HNIC's own show that announced it. Kelly Hrudy isn't the be all end all guy, but I didn't think he'd ask a reporter these kinds of questions without some validity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I have to believe he will be in.  Too many head games at this time of year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I really hope ALL the Bruins are 100%... just because it looks like the Pens are all healthy.

As for Jagr, there is no option even close to his talent to turn to. He's a pro. If at all possible he will go and he will find his game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Looks like you were right, fletch.  Have all of Clifford's posts have been removed?  Time for a new alias I guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

[QUOTE]

Looks like you were right, fletch.  Have all of Clifford's posts have been removed?  Time for a new alias I guess.

[/QUOTE]

should we take bets on how long this takes? It has to be tonight right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's probably trying to remember the password to Ms. RWTK.  Such a loser.

When he does come back, which you know he will, it's going to be our fault that he got banned.  It won't be the fact that he acted like a four year old and a Massengil at the same time.  It'll be our fault.