CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments

In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]Like everyone else here I'm no fan of Healy but his comments about TT aren't totally off the mark. Sure Timmy's been on Facebook well before all this kicked off but the point is people are noticing now and it seemingly has become a pointless distraction for him and the team . Personally I think PC and Neely should be coming down on Thomas a lot harder than they have.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    No, the media took notice & we helped them run with it, by having these stupid discussions about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : The difference here is though is that I'm in the right teams forum to do it! And when Thomas does something wrong I'm the first one to say it. I think you're the most hypocrital human being in this forum to come on here & spout any wrong doings that this team may or may not do, because you're whole organization & city is whacked! You're an idiot to come on another teams forum & spout off & not expect any bashlash! You don't like it zipperhead there's another franchise that suits you much better. GO THERE!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

"most hypocritical human being"?  Because of my interpretation of PC's discussion with TT?  I'm not quite sure how you come to that conclusion because of my comment, but... whatever you say...

As much as I'd like to be that rich, I don't own the Canucks.  I'm a fan of the team, but I don't control what they do, or how they act. 

"zipperhead"?  Hey nite -- who died and made you the king of this PUBLIC forum?  I come here, and I talk hockey, and make comments about some of the topics being discussed.  Just like everyone else here.  The only difference?  I'm not a Bruins fan. I never saw anything on the registration page for this forum that said "only Bruins fans may participate".  If you don't like what I write, then please, by all means, hit "Ignore 49 North".  I'd be happy not to have to read your whiny, crybaby responses to my posts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

I doubt any of this stuff is discussed in the locker room.  What the Bruins need right now is goals in the back of the net and all this goes away.  If the Bruins get rid of TT because of facebook and do not have a back up plan, they will find themselves in more trouble.  The team is in a slump. If they right the ship this all goes away.  You lose the press will always find a blame,  aka Red Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : The difference here is though is that I'm in the right teams forum to do it! And when Thomas does something wrong I'm the first one to say it. I think you're the most hypocrital human being in this forum to come on here & spout any wrong doings that this team may or may not do, because you're whole organization & city is whacked! You're an idiot to come on another teams forum & spout off & not expect any bashlash! You don't like it zipperhead there's another franchise that suits you much better. GO THERE!

^^^ What he said!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : "most hypocritical human being"?  Because of my interpretation of PC's discussion with TT?  I'm not quite sure how you come to that conclusion because of my comment, but... whatever you say... As much as I'd like to be that rich, I don't own the Canucks.  I'm a fan of the team, but I don't control what they do, or how they act.  "zipperhead"?  Hey nite -- who died and made you the king of this PUBLIC forum?  I come here, and I talk hockey, and make comments about some of the topics being discussed.  Just like everyone else here.  The only difference?  I'm not a Bruins fan. I never saw anything on the registration page for this forum that said "only Bruins fans may participate".  If you don't like what I write, then please, by all means, hit "Ignore 49 North".  I'd be happy not to have to read your whiny, crybaby responses to my posts.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    No "zipperhead" you're a hypocrite because you come in here to give your 2 cents where it doesn't belong! Why aren't you in the Canucks forum talking about the issues with your team who maybe winning, but EVRYBODY knows they're the biggest joke of the NHL with their antics! Go talk about that in the Canucks forum! I won't be hitting ignore on you because you're the outsider. The more you spout off the more I will! COUNT ON IT!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

W-a-a-a-a-h...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]W-a-a-a-a-h...
    Most intelligent thing you said in this forum yet Zipperhead!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

North, I am trying to make a pitch here, if you want to be respected stay away from these types of threads.  Your opinion does not matter, period.  Yet if you want to comment on how Marchand and Burrows have the same type of issue with NHL respectablility, then ok.  Or if you said early in the year Luongo was having a "Stanley Cup" hangover, then fine. Or how the Canucks underestimated the Bs in the playoffs, then ok.  If you comment on your team with objectivity, like the Canucks are playing well finally after basically starting the year in a Cup malaise, then fine.  Please stay away from crapping on the Bs players without a proper perspective on what your team is perceived to be in the NHL.  You can and will be respected if look at the Bs (now) an excellent team, despite the annual repeated recent regular season debacle. Yawn!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]North, I am trying to make a pitch here, if you want to be respected stay away from these types of threads.  Your opinion does not matter, period.  Yet if you want to comment on how Marchand and Burrows have the same type of issue with NHL respectablility, then ok.  Or if you said early in the year Luongo was having a "Stanley Cup" hangover, then fine. Or how the Canucks underestimated the Bs in the playoffs, then ok.  If you comment on your team with objectivity, like the Canucks are playing well finally after basically starting the year in a Cup malaise, then fine.  Please stay away from crapping on the Bs players without a proper perspective on what your team is perceived to be in the NHL.  You can and will be respected if look at the Bs (now) an excellent team, despite the annual repeated recent regular season debacle. Yawn!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

OK, hang on one second here.

My comment related to Elliot Friedman's report of PC's discussion with TT, and how I thought PC was correct by not telling TT to stop, only that he has to expect questions from the media as a result of his FB posts.  Tell me how that can possibly be described as "crapping on the Bs players".  Quite the opposite, I was showing admiration for PC's handling of the situation, and not getting embroiled in a free speech issue by telling TT to stop posting (which would have been dead wrong).

If you're gonna call me out for an improper post, at least pick one where I've been improper.  Maybe you should be criticizing nite for attempting to enfringe upon my free speech rights.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hey North, when is the last time you spoke of the Canucks in any manner that would be generally believed to be critical.  TT, nite, and you have the freedom of speech.  I am just wondering if you are going to start talking hockey as opposed to talking about the Bs in critical fashion. For instance, is TTs fb remarks comparable to Luongo's media whine in last year's playoffs?  Disruptive?  Heh?  I think not, i think the media is to blame for most of the fanfare.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I don't think I'm the only one here who has been critical of TT's antics regarding his WH snub and FB comments.  There has been plenty of discussion here, both pro- and anti-, with many of them of the tone "just shut up and play".  And, unlike many people, I've never gotten into the political debate.  I've simply focussed on the issue of team unity, supporting team events, and the possible impact that the whole thing has had (or continues to have?) on the locker room.

Yes, I wish that, last June, Luongo would have 'shut up and played'.  I think that emotionally-charged series brought out a lot of comments from a lot of people which don't reflect well on them now, in hindsight.  But such is the nature of playoff hockey for both players and fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Look North..see I'm being nice I called you North. Isla & I have had some banter back & forth over different issue's; the difference is that we cheer for the same team, we suffered with the same team & we lost with the same team. Isla, Fletch & others maybe able to say something & not take any flack, but YOU can't expect the same back. Kennedy is a Montreal fan, but he comes on here & doesn't spout off the same way you do. You & Isla can come on here & say the exact same thing on a topic. Isla may get away with it, but you're not going to! EVER! Especially if it's a hot topic, or an emotional one. What you can't seem to understand is that you're an outsider. Whether it's a free forum or not. Your opinion on certain issues isn't wanted! It's like a normal person wouldn't be able to come to family function & say something against another family member that a family member would be able to. That outsider is going to receive some verbal, or physical consequeces. Just because you feel your 2 cents maybe worth something doesn't mean it will be worth 2 cents. You're better off leaving it for a family member to say. It could be worth a quarter coming from them. You're never going to win an argument in here. Maybe that comes from the team you cheer for. You're used to not winning.

You coming in here & and saying anything negative about the B's in any way is never going to be accepted. That's like a drug addict, going to someone elses house & telling everyone who will listen what a terrible drug addict their son is. Worry about yourself, worry about your city, worry about your teams organization. If you want to talk negative about the Bruins? There's lots of Canuck forums that you can do that & you'll never lose an argument!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Tim Thomas was well within his rights to post what his beliefs are, however you cannot post something and then not explain your position leaving your teamates to answer the reporters questions. Eventually his teamates will tire of having to answer questions on Thomas's behalf.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Look North..see I'm being nice I called you North. Isla & I have had some banter back & forth over different issue's; the difference is that we cheer for the same team, we suffered with the same team & we lost with the same team. Isla, Fletch & others maybe able to say something & not take any flack, but YOU can't expect the same back. Kennedy is a Montreal fan, but he comes on here & doesn't spout off the same way you do. You & Isla can come on here & say the exact same thing on a topic. Isla may get away with it, but you're not going to! EVER! Especially if it's a hot topic, or an emotional one. What you can't seem to understand is that you're an outsider. Whether it's a free forum or not. Your opinion on certain issues isn't wanted! It's like a normal person wouldn't be able to come to family function & say something against another family member that a family member would be able to. That outsider is going to receive some verbal, or physical consequeces. Just because you feel your 2 cents maybe worth something doesn't mean it will be worth 2 cents. You're better off leaving it for a family member to say. It could be worth a quarter coming from them. You're never going to win an argument in here. Maybe that comes from the team you cheer for. You're used to not winning. You coming in here & and saying anything negative about the B's in any way is never going to be accepted. That's like a drug addict, going to someone elses house & telling everyone who will listen what a terrible drug addict their son is. Worry about yourself, worry about your city, worry about your teams organization. If you want to talk negative about the Bruins? There's lots of Canuck forums that you can do that & you'll never lose an argument!

I'm not here to "win any arguments".  I come on here and contribute to the discussion.  If you think my viewpoint has zero merit because I'm not a Bruins fan, then that's fine.  You're entitled to your opinion.  What gets me is your insistence that I leave, simply because I'm not a Bruins fan.  In my mind, that's not reason enough for me to leave.  I don't think my comments regarding TT are out of line, demeaning to him, or differ substantively from others made here by Bruin fans.  You simply don't like me, because I'm a Canucks fan.  You think I have nothing to say here, simply because of that.

I disagree, as do several other participants on this site.

You can choose to ignore me, if you feel that I have nothing to contribute, but I'm not leaving.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Cmon guys, whether we root for the Bruins or another team, at the end of the day we are all hockey fans. Nite wears his black n gold heart on his sleeve, i appreciate that, one of the posters i truly enjoy reading on here. Yes, North is a Canucks fan, but he does not come on here trolling like Cactus or Tuuka-Fall, I enjoy other teams fans perspective. We can't come on here defending TT has a right to say what he wants online then hammer 49-North for the same thing. Not saying your doing that Nite, there are others that do...At the end of the day it's a game, one I'm very passionate about and think of every single day for as long as i can remember. 95 degrees out? Lets talk hockey. Pats in the Superbowl ? Great, I'll watch, but doesnt effect my love of hockey and all things Bruins. Hey, Dave, you want to go to the Sox playoff game tonight? Tickets are free, sorry, B's are in Montreal, I can't miss that one!! (That actually happened) I come on here for some fun banter with educated fans, and there are some on here. Like Nite said, theres a Habs fan on here, named Kennedy, always brings something good to the talk, I consider him a French version of our very own Fletch, I wouldnt dare question his presence on here..Lets just move along and get along (except with Trolls!!!)...

(P.S North, have you found yourself watching more Bruins games this year? Perhaps even rooting for them? I asked you months ago and you said no, but I'll get it out of you!!!!!!!!!!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Cmon guys, whether we root for the Bruins or another team, at the end of the day we are all hockey fans. Nite wears his black n gold heart on his sleeve, i appreciate that, one of the posters i truly enjoy reading on here. Yes, North is a Canucks fan, but he does not come on here trolling like Cactus or Tuuka-Fall, I enjoy other teams fans perspective. We can't come on here defending TT has a right to say what he wants online then hammer 49-North for the same thing. Not saying your doing that Nite, there are others that do...At the end of the day it's a game, one I'm very passionate about and think of every single day for as long as i can remember. 95 degrees out? Lets talk hockey. Pats in the Superbowl ? Great, I'll watch, but doesnt effect my love of hockey and all things Bruins. Hey, Dave, you want to go to the Sox playoff game tonight? Tickets are free, sorry, B's are in Montreal, I can't miss that one!! (That actually happened) I come on here for some fun banter with educated fans, and there are some on here. Like Nite said, theres a Habs fan on here, named Kennedy, always brings something good to the talk, I consider him a French version of our very own Fletch, I wouldnt dare question his presence on here..Lets just move along and get along (except with Trolls!!!)... (P.S North, have you found yourself watching more Bruins games this year? Perhaps even rooting for them? I asked you months ago and you said no, but I'll get it out of you!!!!!!!!!!)
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I am definitely watching more Bs games, though they're tough to find on regular VanCity TV.  Rooting for them? uhhh, I'd have to say no -- let's call it "knowing thy enemy". Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

nite I don't think that post count, or reputation, or team allegiance has any bearing on someone's ability to make comments on a situation. I agree with what he said. Good for PC to not tell TT to stop but to kind of give him a friendly reminder that if he throws gas on the fire he needs to keep an eye on it and not let it burn the house down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Cmon guys, whether we root for the Bruins or another team, at the end of the day we are all hockey fans. Nite wears his black n gold heart on his sleeve, i appreciate that, one of the posters i truly enjoy reading on here. Yes, North is a Canucks fan, but he does not come on here trolling like Cactus or Tuuka-Fall, I enjoy other teams fans perspective. We can't come on here defending TT has a right to say what he wants online then hammer 49-North for the same thing. Not saying your doing that Nite, there are others that do...At the end of the day it's a game, one I'm very passionate about and think of every single day for as long as i can remember. 95 degrees out? Lets talk hockey. Pats in the Superbowl ? Great, I'll watch, but doesnt effect my love of hockey and all things Bruins. Hey, Dave, you want to go to the Sox playoff game tonight? Tickets are free, sorry, B's are in Montreal, I can't miss that one!! (That actually happened) I come on here for some fun banter with educated fans, and there are some on here. Like Nite said, theres a Habs fan on here, named Kennedy, always brings something good to the talk, I consider him a French version of our very own Fletch, I wouldnt dare question his presence on here..Lets just move along and get along (except with Trolls!!!)... (P.S North, have you found yourself watching more Bruins games this year? Perhaps even rooting for them? I asked you months ago and you said no, but I'll get it out of you!!!!!!!!!!)
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel I don't consider North a troll at all! He has a glimmer of hope of having a brain with some intelligence. I guess I'm not making myself clear on something. It's not North can't contribute. It's that his point in this forum will fall on a lot deaf ears. Especially when he try's to make his point as a Canucks fan. I loathe the Canucks worse than the Habs now and I think their fans are worse than Canadien fans. North does come on here with arrogance & ACTS like the Canucks. He thinks his opinion carries weight & it doesn't! If he went into another teams forums like the the Pens for instance. He'd probably be loved over there. I find North becomes obtuse deliberately & voices his opinion on issues he has no business considering who he cheers for. You said as TT uses his free speech, North should be able to do the same. ABSOLUTELY, but as TT he can't expect NOT to face the backlash from it! He wants to talk trades, or certain plays in a game? By all means, but it's the choice of topics he chooses to speak about that is gut wrenching & makes a lot of us want to reach thru the screen & choke him! When it comes to him saying anything negative about the B's management, team, or individual players he's out of line & I'll continue to let him know he is! He has FAR TOO many things negative about his own team to talk about before he can come on here & spout off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : Kel I don't consider North a troll at all! He has a glimmer of hope of having a brain with some intelligence. I guess I'm not making myself clear on something. It's not North can't contribute. It's that his point in this forum will fall on a lot deaf ears. Especially when he try's to make his point as a Canucks fan. I loathe the Canucks worse than the Habs now and I think their fans are worse than Canadien fans. North does come on here with arrogance & ACTS like the Canucks. He thinks his opinion carries weight & it doesn't! If he went into another teams forums like the the Pens for instance. He'd probably be loved over there. I find North becomes obtuse deliberately & voices his opinion on issues he has no business considering who he cheers for. You said as TT uses his free speech, North should be able to do the same. ABSOLUTELY, but as TT he can't expect NOT to face the backlash from it! He wants to talk trades, or certain plays in a game? By all means, but it's the choice of topics he chooses to speak about that is gut wrenching & makes a lot of us want to reach thru the screen & choke him! When it comes to him saying anything negative about the B's management, team, or individual players he's out of line & I'll continue to let him know he is! He has FAR TOO many things negative about his own team to talk about before he can come on here & spout off.

I guess I should only come here to pump the Bruins` tires...
    Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

North, yup! If you can look objectively at other players including Vancouver then comment on the Bs, you will have acceptance.  Your Luongo comment was enlightening, thanks for the objective analysis.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

bump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : I guess I should only come here to pump the Bruins` tires...
    OK you pompous Aole! You made me laugh on that one! Excuse the pun, but nice save!