Chad Johnson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Chad Johnson

Chad Johnson could get his first start of the season Wednesday night in Buffalo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Chad Johnson

Makes sense - I'd rather have the backup in against the Sabres than against the Sharks the next night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It will be interesting to see how he does whenever he gets in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Figured as much, save Tuukka for the Sharks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that yesterday RHO.  And my conclusion...it doesn't  matter one bit how well or how poorly he plays!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Minor League

Dmitri Kvartalnov!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Minor League

Dmitri Kvartalnov![/QUOTE]

Coach in the KHL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see how he does whenever he gets in. [/QUOTE]

Bruins are doing well in SA/G which is a great thing. So as long as he doesn't get bombarded early on I think he'll be fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say stick with Tuulka. Games have been so spread out so far there is no reason to play Johnson. With Olympics coming up and Tuuka hqaving a chance to play in them and the fact the schedule will get more condensed, Tuuka may need a breather then, not now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that yesterday RHO.  And my conclusion...it doesn't  matter one bit how well or how poorly he plays!  

[/QUOTE]

Although Khudobin had some impressive stats with the Wild then with Providence, he was a bit of an unknown factor with the Bruins.  He proved himself to be pretty solid.  I'm just curious to see how Johnson does in that regard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see how he does whenever he gets in. [/QUOTE]

Bruins are doing well in SA/G which is a great thing. So as long as he doesn't get bombarded early on I think he'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]

If he does get the start he'll be facing the 13 goals for in 10 games, 29th-ranked offence of Buffablow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Although Khudobin had some impressive stats with the Wild then with Providence, he was a bit of an unknown factor with the Bruins.  He proved himself to be pretty solid.  I'm just curious to see how Johnson does in that regard.

[/QUOTE]

That's true RHO and I definitely want him to play well whenever he is in there, but even if he shuts out the Sabres, he's still the backup to the backup!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Opps (yikes) me was thinking of the Providence Bs.  Ha.  Thanks.  Ochocino would not be on the Bs squad if not for the 2013-14 cap.  Savard's money is being saved for the trade deadline. 

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Minor League

Dmitri Kvartalnov![/QUOTE]

Coach in the KHL

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] Bruins are doing well in SA/G which is a great thing. So as long as he doesn't get bombarded early on I think he'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]If he does get the start he'll be facing the 13 goals for in 10 games, 29th-ranked offence of Buffablow. [/QUOTE]

^That^ is priceles my friend and I will use it with my cousins from upstate New York.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] Bruins are doing well in SA/G which is a great thing. So as long as he doesn't get bombarded early on I think he'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]If he does get the start he'll be facing the 13 goals for in 10 games, 29th-ranked offence of Buffablow. [/QUOTE]

^That^ is priceles my friend and I will use it with my cousins from upstate New York.

[/QUOTE]

I think the city's slogan is "Talkin' Proud," San but so far this year those Sabres are "Losin' Big."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3846707. Show user_3846707's posts

the bruins played their back-up last year too with bad results

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3846707. Show user_3846707's posts

play tuukka and win. 2 points in division means more than san jose

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If only Chad Johnson had hands like Nick Johnson.  Teams would never score glove... or blocker.  In fact, if Nick Johnson was in goal for Boston a shot to the top corner on the Bruins goal would probably end up in the opposition's net, his hands are that good.

I don't have a lot of faith in Chad, but I guess it would be good to see what he can do.  I almost think it would be good to ride Tuukka for a long time and hope to get a good lead in the standings, and have Johnson spell him for a number of games in a row before and after the Olympics to give him a true break, mentally and physically.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Johnson does need to play,just hope Bruins play well in front of him,Sabre's tend to bring out the worse in the Bruins defence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Would like to see Johnson vs the Sharks instead. Play Tuukka to get the division points. Even though it's early and Rask can handle the schedule, it's more about Johnson getting some pucks so he doesn't rust away to nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would like to see Johnson vs the Sharks instead. Play Tuukka to get the division points. Even though it's early and Rask can handle the schedule, it's more about Johnson getting some pucks so he doesn't rust away to nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Would rather not see him against either, but they shouldn't use Tuukka back to back, unfortunately.

If they can pull out the win in Buffalo with this guy in net, I'll be happy, and we can all say that it's a great decision. Now, if we lose to Buffalo, and have to go play one of the hottest teams in hockey right now and struggle, let's not all jump on Claude. It would have been a tough decision either way. Either they play Rask and try to take the almost guaranteed win, or they play Johnson and hope they can steal both games.

2 points are two points, particularly against Buffalo, who, in my eyes, doesn't stand a chance at making the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins 

"Chad Johnson is now 6-1-0 in the Spoked-B (.928 SV%, 1.98 GAA) Julien: "he kept us in there, just made the big saves when he had to" ^CS"

Doing just fine I would say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

@NHLBruins 

"Chad Johnson is now 6-1-0 in the Spoked-B (.928 SV%, 1.98 GAA) Julien: "he kept us in there, just made the big saves when he had to" ^CS"

Doing just fine I would say.

[/QUOTE]

Really can't ask for more from your back up goalie. He's done a real good job. Proven to be a good signing by PC

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Fine job!

but I thought Khudo did well last year too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fine job!

but I thought Khudo did well last year too.

[/QUOTE]

I believe Khudo has more athletic ability, but I found his mental unpreparedness and his lack of focus frustrating to the point where I want to strangle Stanley.

We haven't seen Johnson pulled because he was taking the night off.

And his performance has improved quite a bit since that first preseason game when he looked like Lars Volden.

I've changed my opinion on this player.