Chad Johnson signed for backup.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chad Johnson signed for backup.

Anyone know anything about him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Chad Johnson signed for backup.

Yeah, i know his name is Chad Johnson, son of Mr. & Mrs. Johnson, thats about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yeah, i know his name is Chad Johnson, son of Mr. & Mrs. Johnson, thats about it.

More then i knew.   One way deal.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Nothing at all Shupe but I like it better than your idea of letting Rask go for picks and then just starting Hal Gill in net.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Isn't he a football player ?  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He changed his last name to Ochocinco? He ran 24 mph on a treadmill?

Nothing on google. Not even about the signing. Odd?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know he should find out the best places to eat in Providence. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nothing at all Shupe but I like it better than your idea of letting Rask go for picks and then just starting Hal Gill in net.

[/QUOTE]

Dez, who signing rask?  Really what team is gonna bust open 7 +. 

Its never gonna happen but id take hillier in a trade.  I think any decent goalie would excel in this system and i dont want rask to make the most on the team.   He simply has not done enough to earn it.  I will lay off on rask.  But he better be the next coming of roy or brodeur with all this made up hype.   He shouldnt be the highest paid goalie.  

I was hoping for dipietro to be honest.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I know he should find out the best places to eat in Providence. 

-Gerry Dee

I was thinking that too.  Experience-wise, he seems to be Khudobin.  My guess is Chiarelli uses training campt to decide if Svedberg is better served getting some NHL starts, or being the workhorse in Providence.  That will determine where Johnson plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Remember the "the monster" for Toronto ? Gustavsson and Johnson have that same skinny build. Take the pads of and when he turns sideways your like "where did he go ?"

Played for the Whale a couple of years, nothing special. I remember the shutout against Nashville last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its never gonna happen but id take hillier in a trade.  I think any decent goalie would excel in this system and i dont want rask to make the most on the team.   He simply has not done enough to earn it.  I will lay off on rask.  But he better be the next coming of roy or brodeur with all this made up hype.   He shouldnt be the highest paid goalie.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, I slay myself. I also hope to see Dipietro come back and play well somewhere. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Here's Chad Johnson. 

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?5851

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I saw him play once for the Rangers and 2x last yr for the Yotes. Not sure who mentioned it above, but he comes with about the same amount of experience as Anton had. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chad Johnson, G — With Anton Khudobin in Carolina, the B’s brought this 27-year-old Calgary native and former University of Alaska- Fairbanks Nanooks star into the fold. Having backed up Henrik Lundqvist and Mike Smith since 2010, Johnson has just 10 games of NHL experience, but he’s played well in very limited big league action. A year ago, he saw four NHL games with the Coyotes, winning two and posting a shutout to go with his 1.21 GAA and .954 save percentage. With a cap hit of just $600k, the 6-foot-3, former fifth-round draft choice of the Penguins in 2006 provides a cheap option for what is sure to be a big ticket cap hit for Tuukka Rask effective next season pending a soon-to-be-inked extension.

Johnson is a big, butterfly-style goaltender with quick reflexes and the mental toughness to hold the fort when seeing a lot of shots. His biggest competition will come from Niklas Svedberg, who won the AHL’s top goaltending honors in the regular season a year ago after a sensational 37-win rookie debut. Svedberg struggled to maintain his high level of play in the AHL playoffs, however, and his $1 million cap hit means that he might be better off starting the year in Providence where he’ll likely share the load with Malcolm Subban until the B’s can see what they have with Johnson.

Johnson is s step down from Khudobin in paper, though not by much. The real concern is that the B’s are pretty thin in net in terms of NHL experience if anything happens to Rask, or he is unable to provide his projected workhorse 65-70-game load."

More info on the Bruins back up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for the same thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If Svedberg plays in Boston and Johnson plays in Providence it will cost the Bruins 1.35 million. If they swap roles it will cost the Bruins only 670,000$. I think I know who Rask's backup will be. 

-Gerry Dee

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Too expensive I guess, but I'd like to see Hedberg as the backup.. cut loose after the Schneider deal.