Chara 3rd shooter in the shootout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Chara 3rd shooter in the shootout

Good that Ryder scored, but I don't understand how CJ picked him for tonight.
    And as for Chara, I don't know what to say about that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Yeah, I would like to say that my jaw hit the floor when I saw that.....but I didn't see it.  I stopped watching in DISGUST, after they gave up the 6th Sabres goal with 30 seconds left, to allow the tie in regulation

Absolutely unacceptable to lose this game.  Ridiculous for Rask and Thomas to crap themselves the way they did.  I think Thomas has given up 5 straight shootout goals now

And yes, completely unnaceptable for Chara to be the third shooter in a shootout, when Wheeler, Krecji, Bergeron, Horton, Savard, Lucic, Recchi, Marchand and Thornton were sitting there

Say what you want about any of the above, but they're ALL better options than Chara in a freaking shootout situation where you HAVE to score or you're toast.  
    Good call CJ

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I agree, why not bergeron, krejci, or horton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

speechless.

par for the course???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Its as if CJ wants to be fired!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well I don't mind they used him. BUT NOT IN THE TOP FREAKIN 3! WHAT AN IDIOT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Coaches play hunches. Chara was 3 for 9 in shootouts. Hardly an aotomatic miss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

What happened to Thomas' intensity in the shootout at least?  You could tell just from his body language that every shot was going to go in.  He is starting to let in a lot of those weak 5-hole goals lately, which was a past problem of his that he seemed to have fixed early this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Chara third was horrible choice. Put in Bergeron, Wheeler instead

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the b's lost the game before the shootout....  blowing two-goal leads and giving up the tying goal with less than a minute to play in regulation....           
                                                                                                         that's called snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

it's also called "bruins".... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Claude couldn't handle winning a game 7-6, that's why. Now if the score was 1-1 and a shootout, well Claude would have been more with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Chara 3rd shooter in the shootout:
    [QUOTE]Its as if CJ wants to be fired!
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]
    BIIIIINGOOO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

uh the B's have 2 wins and two other points on this road trip...that's hardly what i call firing reasoning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]uh the B's have 2 wins and two other points on this road trip...that's hardly what i call firing reasoning.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    We agree on that Danny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

//Coaches play hunches. Chara was 3 for 9 in shootouts. Hardly an aotomatic miss.//

Agreed.  The choice of Chara is a curious one but perhaps as biggskye suggests, Julien may have recalled his decision of including him in the SO last year in San Jose when Chara blasted the winner behind Nabokov.  This, too, may have factored in his call for Chara.  It looked like he had a bit of net to hit just as he had the puck dribble off his stick.  All things being equal, the game shouldn't have gone to OT.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Good trolls are subtle, you are not.
    Atlanta was leading the SE a few days ago, that's a tiny bit more than "hardly better" than a team in lottery position.

[QUOTE]you lostpoints to the toothless sabres and and Atlanta team that is not much better In Response to Re: Chara 3rd shooter in the shootout :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Another head-scratcher from CJ.  Are we really supposed to believe that Chara has the best chance of scoring over all the other guys on the B's roster?  None of the other players picked had a better potential for scoring than Chara???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think someone said it earlier.. This game should not have gone to a shootout!! or Overtime!! Bergy plays harder on the puck to get it past Leopold of all people and out of the zone and the Bruins win... Overall the Bruins play was soft all around and got what they deserved..Actually the one point is flattering!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

//Actually the one point is flattering!!// True, enough!  If not for the equally obliging Sabres, the Bruins could have easily come away with zilch.  Glad they are banking some points on this road trip so far.  They may come in handy towards the end of the regular season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I think someone said it earlier.. This game should not have gone to a shootout!! or Overtime!! Bergy plays harder on the puck to get it past Leopold of all people and out of the zone and the Bruins win... Overall the Bruins play was soft all around and got what they deserved..Actually the one point is flattering!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Exactly cowboy, although they had moments where they looked good, they were for the most part....save some of the 3rd, exploited, due to Buffalo getting behind the Bruins D with relative ease.....on a positive Segin played a pretty fine game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]//Actually the one point is flattering!!// True, enough!  If not for the equally obliging Sabres, the Bruins could have easily come away with zilch.  Glad they are banking some points on this road trip so far.  They may come in handy towards the end of the regular season.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

True enough.. Actually Teams like Buffalo, LA, Dallas, Colorado, Nashville are hurting themselves with these shootout victories ... I don't really mind the Bruins being 1-5 .. Those teams will lose their victories in the shoot out at the end of the season if it comes down to a tiebreaker for playoff eligibility... Especially in the West were teams are so bunched up it is going to be very interesting indeed at the end of the season if a team loses a half dozen games from their win  total and misses the playoffs.. Would have happened to the Habs a few years ago if the rule would have been in place, when they tied Florida for eight but the Habs got in due to shootout wins, otherwise they would have been out of the playoffs.. Will be really interesting come season's end..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara 3rd shooter in the shootout : True enough.. Actually Teams like Buffalo, LA, Dallas, Colorado, Nashville are hurting themselves with these shootout victories ... I don't really mind the Bruins being 1-5 .. Those teams will lose their victories in the shoot out at the end of the season if it comes down to a tiebreaker for playoff eligibility... Especially in the West were teams are so bunched up it is going to be very interesting indeed at the end of the season if a team loses a half dozen games from their win  total and misses the playoffs.. Would have happened to the Habs a few years ago if the rule would have been in place, when they tied Florida for eight but the Habs got in due to shootout wins, otherwise they would have been out of the playoffs.. Will be really interesting come season's end..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Just another reason why I don't like that extra point.

Either the points count, or they don't. They should simply make it 2 points for a win and no points for a loss, regardless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I think CJ shouldve tried Horton in the shootout to hopefully get him/his confidence going

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Coaches play hunches. Chara was 3 for 9 in shootouts. Hardly an aotomatic miss.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Hey, I too was DISGUSTED with last night's "effort" at Buff, however...Chara WON at least 2 shootouts for the B's last season, so I don't think it was farfetched for him to shoot last night, provided he took his slap shot....which is what he did last year but didn't do last night.  Very frustrating.  

25. This post has been removed.