Chara and Hossa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chara and Hossa

So, Haggerty is bent because Chara went to his friend's Cup party and got a picture taken with him and the Cup.

See the article here.

Much ado about nothing in my opinion.  Who cares?  The story makes it out to seem like Chara is a bad person or a bad teammate for doing this.  The guy plays for Boston.  They lost to Chicago.  Hossa plays for Chicago.  It's Hossa's party.  Chara is his friend.  Whatever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Chara and Hossa

If my best friend won the cup, I would expect to get a picture taken with it.  So many writers expect athletes to be angry all the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

These guys are best buddies.  They're countrymen.  He's not fraternizing with the enemy.  I see it as a good sportsmanship gesture on Chara's part.  Seems like trying to make something out of nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

If my best friend won the cup, I would expect to get a picture taken with it.  So many writers expect athletes to be angry all the time.

Exactly OC.  These aren't the 60's where Toronto and Montreal players didn't want to ride on the same train.  Nowadays players could go at each other hammer and tong in the playoffs then appear at the same golf tourney weeks later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Couldn't care less.  I imagine that the bond is something special between the two dozen or so Slovak players who have traveled across the globe to play in the NHL over the past ten years.  Chara is a great teammate and I think that extends to his countrymen teamates too.  Hossa seems like a good guy too.  I admire that friendship.  Haggs is just being a big, fat, jacka$$.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I don't care either.  Maybe I'd feel slightly (although I doubt it) different if Chara didn't already have his name on the Cup......but he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

On the other side of the coin, when the USA beats Canada for the Gold, I bet Shupe won't take a picture with me wearing my Jim Craig jersey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seth Griffith and Anthony Camara seemed to get along fine at rookie camp after Camara attempted to cripple Griffith in the OHL playoffs, so yeah, I'd say players leave most of the hostility on the ice.  Most players.  Most times.

Hockey players shake hands within minutes of one team winning the  Cup and the other team realizing the dream is dead.  I don't think this makes it hurt less if you lost.  But you do it because it's the right thing to do - acknowledge your opponent, honour the game.  No different here - Chara has the class to congratulate a good friend on winning the Cup, so he does.  Good sportsmanship.  Haggerty's acting like a five year old who loses a game and then flips the board.

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"On the other side of the coin, when the USA beats Canada for the Gold, I bet Shupe won't take a picture with me wearing my Jim Craig jersey." - NAS

Of course not.  He doesn't want to break his camera.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

On the other side of the coin, when the USA beats Canada for the Gold, I bet Shupe won't take a picture with me wearing my Jim Craig jersey.

Maybe your Jenny Craig jersey.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a photo.  So, NAS would be in that category of "guys who wear goalie jerseys as street clothes...and still look like they're wearing goalie gear?"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Haggerty is a complete moron who lacks hockey knowledge. Chara is free to do whatever he wants in his free time. If he wants to visit a close friend who won the cup, who cares. Haggerty should get a life !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hossa was Chara's best man at his wedding - I'd be more offended if Chara was petty enough not to show up to Hossa's Cup party.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shupe and Book:

I hate you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh yah!

PS. With the USS Constitution in the background LoL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh yah!

PS. With the USS Constitution in the background LoL

[/QUOTE]

I lived in virginia beach growing up, was on a work visa when i lived in wichita,  wish i had dual citizenships.   

I love the US.   Just not fond of their better then everyone tude.  saying that ontario is one of the rudest places on the planet.   Come to NS, NB, PEI or NL and people are just friendly, will hold a door, say hello, smile.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

There's a photo.  So, NAS would be in that category of "guys who wear goalie jerseys as street clothes...and still look like they're wearing goalie gear?"

You went a little too far.  But well played.  I gave you a gretzky pass and you kurri one time slapper top shelf.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Shupe won't have to worry, not gonna happen in his liftime anyway :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

No problem here with Z being a good buddy and attending the party to acknowledge and congratulate Hossa.

But personally, I wouldn't have had my picture taken with the Cup.  Just sayin'. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

You mean your Keith Tkachuk shirt, right?

...and Hags is trying to make something of nothing. You can tell it's August.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Haggs swings and misses about 85% of the time. Every once in a blue moon he gets an article right, usually it's when he is "righting" about prospects.

I doubt Chara gives a hoot about all Boston sports writers by now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

From what I understand they grew up directly across the street from one another. They are very good friends, I'd be willing ot bet there is a picture of Hossa doing the same at Charas cup party. The way Hags starts out the column is about as mature as Seguins party pics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"While B’s teammates like Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton and Tuukka Rask have talked about how much the “loss still stings” and how much it “sucked” less than two months later, Chara had no problems posing with Hossa in front of Lord Stanley’s Cup." 

This guy words it in such a way as to suggest losing the Cup didn't bother Chara as much as it bothered Kelly, Thornton and Rask.  If anything I'd imagine those crazy eyes of his were shooting laser beams after the loss.  This is rumour-mongering journalism.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

From what I understand they grew up directly across the street from one another. They are very good friends, I'd be willing ot bet there is a picture of Hossa doing the same at Charas cup party. The way Hags starts out the column is about as mature as Seguins party pics.

No betting but I KNOW there's a photo of Hossa standing beside Chara at his wedding handing him the ring to give to his wife - saw it when it happened but can't find the pic now - link is dead. If you're at that point in your friendship, to the point where you STILL live next door to each other, you don't stand the person up for his party.