Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.

http://www.fortnucks.com/post/22906093123/burrblog5

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.

No thanks. Rivalry makes sports, especially hockey, special.

Look at the Sox and Yankees... their games haven't been the same since Ortiz, Youk, Pedroia, etc. became buddy buddy with Jeter, A-Rod, etc.

Sure Chara and Burrows may exchange words off the ice, but on the ice I'm pretty sure they aren't "friends".

Also that picture isn't too convincing lol. Burrows looks like he's going to soil him self.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I don't know, the expression on Chara's face doesn't shout "hey buddy, let's go out for a beer"! and Burrows looks nervous...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think I'm gonna throw up....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Asking a guy you run into if he's okay doesn't mean you respect him.  It means you ran into him and had to say something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.:
    [QUOTE]Asking a guy you run into if he's okay doesn't mean you respect him.  It means you ran into him and had to say something.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Are you speculating on what might have happened??  I wasn't sure if you were there or not.  Let us know if you're speculating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Chara is classy guy, didn't need a Burrows blog post to validate that for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Are you speculating on what might have happened??  I wasn't sure if you were there or not.  Let us know if you're speculating.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

This isn't going to go well for you, Fletcher.  You're looking more and more stupid.

To help you along here, look at what I wrote.  Did address anything that had to do with this specific meeting?  Oops.  No I didn't.  Your statement here is off the mark. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Chara is classy guy, didn't need a Burrows blog post to validate that for me.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Says a lot about the OP.  A Burrows blog?  Reading what that biting, diving coward thinks?

No thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Wow.

A lot of Bruins fans tell Canucks fans: "Hey, we won, get over it."

I'm over it.

Seems a lot of fans here aren't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. A lot of Bruins fans tell Canucks fans: "Hey, we won, get over it." I'm over it. Seems a lot of fans here aren't.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Bruins won the Cup that year.  Chara skating around with it didn't suddenly give me respect for Burrows.

He's still a big pile of doo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. A lot of Bruins fans tell Canucks fans: "Hey, we won, get over it." I'm over it. Seems a lot of fans here aren't.

You mean how you still hang around here and bang out over 1000 posts.  I still haven't made a single post on the Vancouver Sun web site. 

You sure you are over it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'm not suggesting that you have respect for Burrows; I'm simply pointing out that past adversaries can treat themselves in a respectful and cordial manner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.:
    [QUOTE]http://www.fortnucks.com/post/22906093123/burrblog5

Next you'll be suggesting that we all sit around the camp fire singing Kumbaya.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not suggesting that you have respect for Burrows; I'm simply pointing out that past adversaries can treat themselves in a respectful and cordial manner.

Not when the past adversaries continue to add fuel to the fire...like you do.

Go bite, dive and riot somewhere else. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : You mean how you still hang around here and bang out over 1000 posts.  I still haven't made a single post on the Vancouver Sun web site.  You sure you are over it?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Compare my posts to guys like null and cactus.  Then answer the question yourself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Compare my posts to guys like null and cactus.  Then answer the question yourself.

Almost 1 year on this site and over 1000 posts.  If I ever obsessed that much on another team's site, I would hope my friends and family would do the right thing and order up an intervention.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Compare my posts to guys like null and cactus.  Then answer the question yourself.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a8607e60c-b1b8-4637-96eb-381bb3140d27

"As you were quick to point out the poor behaviour of a minority of Vancouverites, I am pointing out the poor behaviour of a minority of Bostonians."

There are many, many more examples of your posts that are written specifically to degrade the Bruins and/or Boston.  I don't have to point them out.  You know it as well as everyone else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a8607e60c-b1b8-4637-96eb-381bb3140d27 "As you were quick to point out the poor behaviour of a minority of Vancouverites, I am pointing out the poor behaviour of a minority of Bostonians." There are many, many more examples of your posts that are written specifically to degrade the Bruins and/or Boston.  I don't have to point them out.  You know it as well as everyone else.

Right.  And there haven't been any posts here specifically intended to degrade the Canucks, Canuck fans or Vancouverites. Cut the holier-than-thou crap, NAS. 

It doesn't matter who's discussion forum it happens on, when I read idiotic comments about my city, I'm going to respond.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Right.  And there haven't been any posts here specifically intended to degrade the Canucks, Canuck fans or Vancouverites. Cut the holier-than-thou crap, NAS.  It doesn't matter who's discussion forum it happens on, when I read idiotic comments about my city, I'm going to respond.

It's okay for us to talk crap about every other city and team on the planet!  This is a BOSTON newspaper site and we are discussing the BOSTON BRUINS because we are BOSTON BRUINS FANS.

I don't go to other team's sites and defend the B's.  It's not my place.  Let them fans talk about whatever they want.  Let them enjoy their talks with fellow fans and let them believe whatever they feel. 

I defend the B's on national sites and discuss many different teams and topics on national sites. 

This is what you don't understand.  Your thoughts and your comments don't belong here.  You don't belong here.  You're not welcome here. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : It's okay for us to talk crap about every other city and team on the planet!  This is a BOSTON newspaper site and we are discussing the BOSTON BRUINS because we are BOSTON BRUINS FANS. I don't go to other team's sites and defend the B's.  It's not my place.  Let them fans talk about whatever they want.  Let them enjoy their talks with fellow fans and let them believe whatever they feel.  I defend the B's on national sites and discuss many different teams and topics on national sites.  This is what you don't understand.  Your thoughts and your comments don't belong here.  You don't belong here.  You're not welcome here. 

And as I've said many times before, NAS (does that mean Never Actually Sane?), please put me on "Ignore".  Then, for you, I don't exist.  And I don't have to read your infantile, intolerant remarks every time I try to post something about hockey or with even a smidgen of lighthearted civic and team rivalry.  It's a win-win solution.

Cause I'm not going away.  (Well, maybe I will one day, but it won't be because of your "edict" as King Of The Forum.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : This isn't going to go well for you, Fletcher.  You're looking more and more stupid. To help you along here, look at what I wrote.  Did address anything that had to do with this specific meeting?  Oops.  No I didn't.  Your statement here is off the mark. 

Ha, put your gun back in your holster there cowboy.

I was joking with you because somebody pointed out in another thread that it was 'important' to point out when someone is speculating. I've been sticking to the discussion while you're hurling personal insults (above)...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I appreciate hearing divergent viewpoints, and for one, would encourage 49 to continue to participate.  we're all entitled to either agree or disagree with anything he says, or, click ignore.  suggesting 49 has no business being here though, reeks of ignorance and intolerance.  for those that only feel secure when surrounded by people that look, sound, think and act exactly as they do, you'll find much better sites than this one to sooth your insecurities.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I appreciate hearing divergent viewpoints, and for one, would encourage 49 to continue to participate.  we're all entitled to either agree or disagree with anything he says, or, click ignore.  suggesting 49 has no business being here though, reeks of ignorance and intolerance.  for those that only feel secure when surrounded by people that look, sound, think and act exactly as they do, you'll find much better sites than this one to sooth your insecurities.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

A little over-the-top and dramatic, no? 

Might want to heed some of your own advice as well.

So, if you take the "intolerant" position to tell 49 to hit the bricks then you should leave?  Brilliant.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I said this during the playoffs and after last season- then backed off and decided to ignore the 49'er. I agree with NAS in this case because I live in Vancouver(not really but close enough). If I want to hear Canuck drivel- I can get it any time . This site ,for me, is a respite from the typical "Boston is Evil", "Thomas is selfish for not talking about why he didn't go to the Whitehouse" stuff. Those dolts on Vancouver sports radio wouldn't let go of that garbage all year. I had to turn back to news radio stations- even classic rock again to avoid the :"we've been done wrong Canuckleheadamedia" A sad disease really. I know now that cactus 49'er won't go away and I know a bunch of you are like some of my bonehead neighbours that feed the raccoons so they hang around and keep washing their paws in my pool. They feel wanted and safe . . . " Oh aren't they cute" (Hey people they spread disease ).