Chara vs. Boyle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Chara vs. Boyle

As I said on the CBJ game thread, I don't think this had anything to do with provocation.  I don't think anything was done to Krejci that "required" a response from Chara.  It was a scrum after the whistle.  Happens all the time.  So - why, in this scrum, did Chara decide to reach in, grab the biggest guy on the Rangers, and tune him up like an old player piano?  Because the Bruins got embarrassed against the Red Wings, and a big part of why they got embarrassed is that they played pattycake hockey with them, which the Wings will take every day.  Just a guess, but it sure looked like the Captain decided it was time to bring back the bully, and in the last two games, the two most intimidating fighters on the team had their first fights of the season and, as a side bar, dominated on the score sheet as well.

Sure seems like the only thing Boyle did "wrong" was being the biggest guy on the ice when Chara decided the time was right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Loved both the last 2 posts BB and Steve.

The only thing that comes to mind to tweak those interpretations is that I believe Boyle gave Chara a pretty good poke in the chin during the scrum and that appeared to give Chara the green light he was looking for.

I love that the Bruins are built to intimidate. Think Grapes' line, "When a crusher becomes a rusher he'll soon become an usher", or somethign like that. The Bs must play this way to be their best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loved both the last 2 posts BB and Steve.

The only thing that comes to mind to tweak those interpretations is that I believe Boyle gave Chara a pretty good poke in the chin during the scrum and that appeared to give Chara the green light he was looking for.

I love that the Bruins are built to intimidate. Think Grapes' line, "When a crusher becomes a rusher he'll soon become an usher", or somethign like that. The Bs must play this way to be their best.

[/QUOTE]

Love the last 3 post. Great reads Thx guys!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

So, in  otherwords, the only way the Bruins can win is by injuring other players through the use of "fighting"?   Why not have all teams bypass the 60 minutes of hockey and just have a big brawl at centerice and last man standing is the winning team.

Just another reason why the NHL is barely a step above Roller Derby as a sport.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, in  otherwords, the only way the Bruins can win is by injuring other players through the use of "fighting"?   Why not have all teams bypass the 60 minutes of hockey and just have a big brawl at centerice and last man standing is the winning team.

Just another reason why the NHL is barely a step above Roller Derby as a sport.

[/QUOTE]

Yet you find it so interesting that you register for an internet message board for an NHL team, and post about a story that barely interests even the most dogged hockey fans...

If fighting is upsetting for you, there are plenty of other sports with almost zero confrontation and aggression.  Golf might be a good choice.