Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

An absolute no brainer. Deserves to be under contract for a very long time. Which is more than I can say for Harry Sinden.

Say what you want about Harry, but if I were a business owner I'd want him running it. He had a lot more hits than misses. If more organizations ran theirs like the Bruins did, I doubt we would have had any of those work stoppages. Harry put together some pretty good teams and had a plyoff run of what 30 years? ...Not too shabby.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bergeron was on the team - Krejci and Rask were in the system, but had not been brought up to the club - and you're fooling yourself if you think the GM has no impact on how players develop. As for Lucic, Kessell and Marchand, we've gone round and around on here as to whether or not PC, who was hired prior to that draft, had any influence on Gorton below the table. I'm of the camp he did, others disagree. I say the same thing about Chara and Savard - there is absolutely no possible way that Gorton signed two stars to multi year contracts 6 days before he's out the door after his successor had been in place for over a month already without getting the go ahead from PC. There's simply no possible way that while Gorton's name was on the deal, that PC did not influence that call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

sorry stanley....

OMG ...oh well I will just have to wait 4 more years...meanwhile we just locked in PC to keep reading this board and steal my advices and tips for 4 years by the Mr Chiarelli ...thanks for shipping away the Lemon ....I mean PEV ... i would have prefer to see him shipped overseas in the KHL but as a B plan I must asmit that it is better than nothing....Now your next move has to be to find a more talented player to fill ST's spot ASAP ....just face it Thornton doesnt fight anymore...he has to be one of the slowest player in the NHL and even if he would play all 82 reg season games this year ...he would probably end up with something like 1G 5A ...so its time to tell Mr Thornton how much we appreciated his services overr the years How good he has been for this team and let a much more talented player and a much younger player get his play minutes ...Thank for the good work but dont forget you have a challenge ahead of you ...win a minimum of at least 2 Stanley Cups before the ned of your contract... I will get the last 2 by 2020.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Bergeron was on the team - Krejci and Rask were in the system, but had not been brought up to the club - and you're fooling yourself if you think the GM has no impact on how players develop. As for Lucic, Kessell and Marchand, we've gone round and around on here as to whether or not PC, who was hired prior to that draft, had any influence on Gorton below the table. I'm of the camp he did, others disagree. I say the same thing about Chara and Savard - there is absolutely no possible way that Gorton signed two stars to multi year contracts 6 days before he's out the door after his successor had been in place for over a month already without getting the go ahead from PC. There's simply no possible way that while Gorton's name was on the deal, that PC did not influence that call.

Agree 100% on that, but Lucic and Marchand were O'Connell picks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alsims. Show Alsims's posts

PC is fearless and willing to roll the dice,if his gut tells him, this just isn't going to work out,the Sequin trade,for example.His wheeling and dealing will keep this team a Cup contender as long as he is here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

PC was hired May 26, 2006 - Marchand, Lucic, and Kessel were drafted on June 24, 2006 - they weren't O'Connell picks.

And yes, I think with the draft he tampered (was consulted) and I honestly think Gorton had little to do with a pair of signings that left Boston a 9 year commitment combined 6 days before he was out the door. Jacobs would not have approved it if he didn't know it was cool with PC. The nucleus wasn't there unless you think Rask, Bergeron and Krejci are the entirety of the nucleus - and only one of them was playing for the team. You're ignoring development.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Red, Chiarelli inherited the likes of Krejci.Rask, Lucic, bergie, Kessel,thomad and in fact Gorton was  the gm  when they signed Chara and savard .(chia was still working for ottawa) add slso marchand another gorton pick. Hard to imagine a team with such a nucleus not destined for glory

If you watched them in 2006, it was actually very easy to imagine them not being destined for glory.  Between then and the Stanley Cup season, Chiarelli got rid of the likes of Glen Murray, Brad Boyes, Phil Kessel, Marco Sturm, PJ Axelson, Andrew Alberts, Paul Mara, Dennis Wideman, Matt Lashoff and Milan Jurcina among others.  Have any of those guys, except Kessel have done squat since leaving?  

More importantly, Chiarelli replaced them with better players, and hung onto the key young pieces that frequently get dealt.  Give him credit for keeping key draftees and prospects like Lucic, Marchand, Krejci, and Rask when they easily could have been dealt among the major changes to a team that finished last in the Northeast that year.  He got rid of the right guys.  He kept the right guys.

The blueline that won a Cup in 2011 was almost entirely assembled by PC, mainly by swindling other teams out of some very solid players for practically nothing.  To say the team was on some trajectory for a championship in 2006, when they stunk, is beyond a stretch.  Two-thirds of the team was turned over before they won.

He inherited a few real good pieces, and then put everything else together.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Rask for raycroft is a Gorton trade.

again, done after PC was hired.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Gorton huge part of stanley cup . Development? I think you might be digging there Red.Give credit to Gorton

he deserves a huge part of it.Since 2006 during Chia we have see nothing close except maybe Hamilton who was still a high pick.and of course Sequin but everyone would have chosen  him.

pc has been poorin drafting period. 

The 2011 Stanley Cup was won on the backs of great trades, signings, development, and roster management, not drafting.

You can crow all day about Gorton's 2006 draft.  It was a long way from the 2011 Cup and PC turned over two-thirds of the roster to get there, after Gorton was history.

PC's spotty draft record is old news.  But, do you like Stanley Cups or good drafts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

the nucleus was already there. and Gorton was the gm when they signed  sav and chara.ur saying pc was tampering? u can be from whatever camp you wish but in the books Gorton signed them. Since Gorton departure the drafts  has been horrible. Add stuart to that list too.

btw Krejci was on roster when Chia came in except for a short while in ahl - Rask for raycroft is a Gorton trade.

tremendous moves for a gm on interim basis

Staurt was drafted in 2003. Call it tampering, whatever but of course PC had a say in who was signed and drafted that year. To me, common knowledge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

[QUOTE]

An absolute no brainer. Deserves to be under contract for a very long time. Which is more than I can say for Harry Sinden.

sinden won us a cup too as a gm and coach .Working for the jacobs is not easy.

[/QUOTE]

Sinden never won a cup as GM, he was hired as GM in the summer of 72 after the summit series. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

PC was hired May 26, 2006 - Marchand, Lucic, and Kessel were drafted on June 24, 2006 - they weren't O'Connell picks.

And yes, I think with the draft he tampered (was consulted) and I honestly think Gorton had little to do with a pair of signings that left Boston a 9 year commitment combined 6 days before he was out the door. Jacobs would not have approved it if he didn't know it was cool with PC. The nucleus wasn't there unless you think Rask, Bergeron and Krejci are the entirety of the nucleus - and only one of them was playing for the team. You're ignoring development.

Red, for some unknown reason I never want to include Lucic and Marchand in that draft year. It's in my head for 2005, i've been called on it numerous times and refuse to switch it over in my thick skull. Even though I'm record saying they were Chiarelli picks. I see them, think 2005 and go back to giving O'Connell the credit...Not sure how that works, my crazy brain. I am with you though, Gorton was told by Chiarelli who to pick, who to sign and to trade Raycroft for Rask. I dont think it was tampering at all as I beleive Ottawa kept him on board because it was so close to the draft. I guarantee Ottawa let him do some Bruins business on the side.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

chiamponships are built through the draft and the table was set for pc he just fine tuned it. Remove those aforementioned players and you got nothing - btw if I am not mistaken Gorton was the scouting director when bergie was drafted. I said it before and I'll say it again Thank you Gorton in making my sports dream come true.

Sometimes.  Not in 2011.  That is Exhibit A for winning a championship NOT through the draft, but primarily through FA signings, trades, development, and whatever.  Check the roster.  Check your facts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rask for raycroft is a Gorton trade.

again, done after PC was hired.

[/QUOTE]

its a Gorton trade not a pc one. Gorton was the gm at that draft not pc and again whats pc done ever since as far as drafts

[/QUOTE]

if you think chiarelli wasn't calling ALL of the shots in the 2006 off season you are off your rocker. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Only a fool (looking at you Marco) would believe that Gorton was given free reign to revamp the lineup a mere days before the new boss was "officially" put in place. If Gorton was the key he would've simply been given the job. Which club is he currently the head GM of btw? 'Why hire PC at all' would've been ownersip's perspective. On the other side of the coin, there's no way PC would've been interested in signing on with a franchise that was going to overhaul the roster in the days after his hiring. Does anyone really think that he was just sitting home waiting to find out who would be playing for him once he "took over"?

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee