Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

My posts are open for all to see. You see, I've had the same name for the entire time I've been here. What a novelty. No surprise you got stumped by a big word like relevant.

rel·e·vant  (rl-vnt)

adj. Having a bearing on or connection with the matter at hand.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

so can we get old posts back?

thx defining  for the term mr.webster

however i cannot understand the "relevance" behind ur comment

I could fill a book with all that you can't understand.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:Look at the broken english and when he shows up to troll. The hatred for the Bruins in the comment section after an article in TSN has been posted is filled with venom from Laff and Shab fans.

For some hockey to think Jeromy Jacobs with that much money to an outgoing ASM is hilarious. KPD wrote several articles about the supervised meetings between Chiarelli and the Bruins then scouting staff. MarcoPolo is just getting a rise out of posters that bite on his "delusional bait".

what the heck are you saying- man what a board.u need to get out of these boards.

where the fk u think those picks came from anyway.

so u want to give credit for not getting rid of a nucleus that was taking notice from all the NHl.

Chiarelli could have traded any of the 2006 draft picks, Thomas or Rask at anytime but he didnt. [/QUOTE]

It's already been established that MOCs scouting staff's plan was used in 2006. The rest of the NHL weren't watching Krejci, Lucic and Marchand in Providence yah birdbrain, Chiarelli was helping with encouragement, coaching and promotions. You keep denying or refuse to comment on Jeremy Jacobs allowing an assistant GM spend that kind of money during the 1st day of the 2006 free agency.

Stop being a whittle Tonka truck banging his head into the door. "You must be DDD..dooped, dooped...dooped!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

this thread now at 178 comments, great thread by Kelevana but 70% (includes all your replies to merco) is marco repeating his Gorton rant from years ago. What about Kessel ?  or will that be discussed with bruins8 signin ?

BadHab, please stay away , don't get fished into this because I know how you get .  You will want to eat meat : )

marco still have that connection for beer at the garden ?

Kel's thread deserves real life . Haggerty had interesting tweet; Who's the best GM in Boston ? 

Chiarelli is ranked no1. Ainge 2nd but debatable as he only made one great trade for KG that turned into a championship . no3 Belichick , Pats should have at least 2 more Superbowl wins if BB would have surrounded probably one of the best QBs in NFL history with some real WRs (this for sure will not go down with BassFishing) and bonnified pass rushers (not name Adrian Wilson) or 2nd tier CBs although Talib is pretty good.  no4 Cherrington , I like what he's done though but since he still doesn't have a championship he's not being rated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

this thread now at 178 comments, great thread by Kelevana but 70% is marco repeating his Gorton rant from years ago. What about Kessel ?  or will that be discussed with bruins8 signin ?

BadHab, please stay away , don't get fished into this because I know how you get .  You will want to eat meat : )

Kel's thread deserves real life . Haggerty had interesting tweet; Who's the best GM in Boston ? 

Chiarelli is ranked no1. Ainge 2nd but debatable as he only made one great trade for KG that turned into a championship . no3 Belichick , Pats should have at least 2 more Superbowl wins if BB would have surrounded probably one of the best QBs in NFL history with some real WRs (this for sure will not go down with BassFishing) and bonnified pass rushers (not name Adrian Wilson) or 2nd tier CBs although Talib is pretty good.  no4 Cherrington , I like what he's done though but since he still doesn't have a championship he's not being rated.

really? i think ainge has to be a distant, and i mean distant fourth. I would go Chiarelli, Belichick, Cherington (with 2 and 3 possibly flipped) and then Ainge. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

really? i think ainge has to be a distant, and i mean distant fourth. I would go Chiarelli, Belichick, Cherington (with 2 and 3 possibly flipped) and then Ainge. 

that's why I was saying debatable . I guess the rankings are based on latest Championships . Only reason I could see why  Belichick is 3rd  is because with the QB he has he should have at least 2 more Superbowls.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE]

this thread now at 178 comments, great thread by Kelevana but 70% is marco repeating his Gorton rant from years ago. What about Kessel ?  or will that be discussed with bruins8 signin ?

really? i think ainge has to be a distant, and i mean distant fourth. I would go Chiarelli, Belichick, Cherington (with 2 and 3 possibly flipped) and then Ainge. [/QUOTE]

Please list Cherington's World Series titles ?

Take good long look at the Celtics roster when Ainge took over. Look at what Cherington had in his chore of players when he took over the Sox. You are way off!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

this thread now at 178 comments, great thread by Kelevana but 70% (includes all your replies to merco) is marco repeating his Gorton rant from years ago. What about Kessel ?  or will that be discussed with bruins8 signin ?

No worries.  I consider my time reasonably valuable.  

If a poster can't bother to take the time to write a post that is coherent and understandable english, I can't bother to take the time to read it, much less respond to it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please list Cherington's World Series titles ?

Take good long look at the Celtics roster when Ainge took over. Look at what Cherington had in his chore of players when he took over the Sox. You are way off!

[/QUOTE]

ainge threw away the future for a 1-2 year window to get a championship. he got lucky and they actually won. cherington took over with a lot of huge contracts for underperforming players. he's brought the team from worst to first all while cutting salary. he's been amazing so far. I don't think Ainge has done anything that remotely resembles amazing. I am however very happy that Chiarelli seems to be the undisputed number 1. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree that Cherington has been nothing short of brilliant so far but it is about championships. First order of business for Ainge was bring a championship back to Boston. 2007 draft Danny acquired Ray Allen, Jefferson-West-Allen drafted then used in key trades and Rajon Rondo, best PG in the NBA, also traded draft on draft duty.

Sorry that is not nothing. The cost for Garnett was worth that three year window in my view.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I agree that Cherington has been nothing short of brilliant so far but it is about championships. First order of business for Ainge was bring a championship back to Boston. 2007 draft Danny acquired Ray Allen, Jefferson-West-Allen drafted then used in key trades and Rajon Rondo, best PG in the NBA, also traded draft on draft duty.

Sorry that is not nothing. The cost for Garnett was worth that three year window in my view.

admittedly, i'm not a basketball guy, so i guess i'm just going off comparisons to other sports. I think it's pretty easy to mortgage the future in order to give yourself a championship window. it happens all the time. However as everyone is constantly reminded, you need a lot of luck to win a championship. If the celtics hadn't gotten that luck, and say, lost in the finals in 08, Ainge would be laughed at. All other GMs in the discussion have built their teams for short, and long term success. Danny picked just short term. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it's pretty funny when someone is being completely ignored by everyone but they keep talking. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

After reading all your comments ..not sure if I will be reading this board once I will become GM...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

After reading all your comments ..not sure if I will be reading this board once I will become GM...

Why wait?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

Why wait?

[/QUOTE]

I have No choice.....I have to wait 4 more years....but dont worry I will be even more wise and circumspect in 2017  ....I just hope PC can put a team on the ice that willwin another 2 Stanley Cups by 2017 ...that'll give 3 years to win another 2 for my prediction.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Why wait?

[/QUOTE]

Golden.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

dummy that's the point. tallon built 100% of that team. you're comparing tallon to Gorton. Tallon signed, drafted, traded for everyone but boynton who played three games.

I disagree with this.  Tallon's involvement prior to 2003 was that of Director of Player Personnel.  I wouldn't give that title credit for drafting or signing players.

Like Duncan Keith.

It wasn't until 2005 that Tallon was the GM.

Before Tallon was the GM, they drafted Seabrook, Byfuglien, and Burish also.

How much of Tallon's input went into drafting these guys, I don't know, but I wouldn't say Tallon 100% built that team.

I'm not sure how anyone could.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've always said Tallon is as responsible for the Hawks being in postion to draft Kane at #1 and Toews at #3 overall as he is for anything else.  He also should get "credit" for whiffing on Cam Barker at #3 and Jack Skille at #7 overall.

Are you not entertained?!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm frustrated with this thread.

I don't understand what marco's point is.

It might be that Gorton was the main reason for the Bruins 2011 cup, but I can't believe that what he is trying to say because that's just absurd.

well bad hab I am saying that Gorton had lots to do with the cup team of 2011 and why u fail to see that is beyond me. do u wish for me to again find linj that show what he did

he draftedkessel lucic marchand

traded for rask 

he was scouting didirector when they draftedbergy and thomad

[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you mean Thomas which would again, make you wrong. He was drafted by the Quebec Nordiques.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Who was the GM? Peter Chiarelli - fact. Hired on May 26, 2006.

Who was Acting GM due to pre-existing contractual obligations? Gorton.

Who had supervised meetings with Bruins scouts and management to discuss how and who he wanted to draft, trade and sign prior to the end of his contractual obligations? Peter Chiarelli.

Those are all facts, that you seem to willfully ignore.

ok Red you are saying that Chia drafted all those players in 2006 and that Rask was a trade done by Chia.

if this is indeed what  ur saying. history has just been re written!

Look research it and get back to me show me clearly that PC drafted those players. 

also as much as i liked savard he was not part of the cup championship so we can also exclude him ( make it easier)

i have an anology to make. When JFK was president, who was the most important person in his administration. If you just look at titles it was certainly LBJ, being the vice president. However, anyone with a brain knows that JFK's brother, Robert Kennedy, Attorney General, was in fact the chief advisor to the president. It was obvious, as is this, despite the titles. Grow up. When the entire world thinks you're wrong, you're probably wrong. 

Oh- so u and 40r 5 of ur comrades represent the entire world- laughable- so i am wrong tons of my bruin fans friends who can teach u something are wrong-

the writer from the hockey journal is wrong

the rangers are rong

tsn are wrong but these boards are right- 

ask urself why would i not give Pc credit if he had actually drafted those players- why?

why if u serch even on wikipedia it says Gorton made the trade for rask- even pc said itand u call it tampering so ChaRA must have gotten him in trouble cuz he tampered by signing him,

U FIND ME ONE CLEAR CUT LINK THAT CHIA WAS THERE AT THE BRUINS TABLE DRAFTING ALL OF THOSE PLAYERS AND FIND ME SOMETHING THAT SAYS GORTON HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. NOW FIND ME SOMETHING CREDIBLE AND IF U DO U WILL HAVE RE-INVENTED THE PAST

The Islanders are owned by Mr. Wong.

I own a bong.

I'd love to visit Hong Kong.