Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

What about Seabrook if Chicago falls out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

In Response to Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/peter-chiarelli-plans-on-making-trade-will-consider-dealing-first-round-pick-from-toronto.html Talk about advertising to other GMs that he would consider it or maybe at least I won't laugh if you bring it up. It doesn't make it so that PC will trade it but what it says to me for the right package he would. So the bottom feeders teams that will not make it have be penciling in a deal before they ring up PC right ? Anyone on the board that would not give up that TO #1 pick for anything ? Not going to argue just wanted your thoughts as to why...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If PC can swing a deal for a serious impact player--either fwd or D-man--I'd lose that Toronto #1 pick before you can say Phil Kessel.

It's the best card in PC's hand--the Wheelers and Pailles' and Ryder's aint gonna get it done--you gotta dangle that pick--and haul it on in if the right GM bites.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I've always liked Vanek from Buffalo how about him, great shot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : If PC can swing a deal for a serious impact player--either fwd or D-man--I'd lose that Toronto #1 pick before you can say Phil Kessel. It's the best card in PC's hand--the Wheelers and Pailles' and Ryder's aint gonna get it done--you gotta dangle that pick--and haul it on in if the right GM bites.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Which of the rumoured to be available players would you be willing to trade the pick for?I obviously like Parise but I'd also be willing to throw it at Atlanta in a deal for Bogosian.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Ha yah "Phil Kessel!" and Bookboy I'm not sure if CapGeek is throwing in another 2Mil for next seasons usual cap increase there's that to consider as well.

Another think Lou Lam could consider is that he will probably trade Arnott within the next two weeks he would have his money to make a run at Richards plus have two picks in the first round WoW!

PS. Maybe I don't want to help Lou ? Nah Parise is worth it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Jordan Staal or Erhoff are not worth TO's 1st.  Sorry disagree with you there B&G. The rest of your list is a-o-k
    Those are not the type of D's the Bruins need.
    Seabrook, Bogosian and Yandle yes !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'm not very big on Jordan Staal as well. I know, I know, he basically has Brian Burke & my mom on his wings, but his numbers aren't all that impressive for a top 2 pick. I said at that draft that it was a mistake for the Pens to pass on Backstrom, and I still feel that way today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm willing to quibble over Ehrhoffs worth, but J Staal is exactly the thrid center with more tools we'd love. He and Bergeron are pretty much the same player. If Staal were playing in Atlanta or Calgary he'd be the #1 center, in almost any team left he'd be  #2.

Ehrhoffs been up and down and his numbers are probably slightly inflated by playing in the weakest division in hockey on a stacked team. But adding him to say the second pairing with Seidenberg while having Chara-Kampfer and then Ference/Stuart/McQuaid... Sign me up.

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]Jordan Staal or Erhoff are not worth TO's 1st.  Sorry disagree with you there B&G. The rest of your list is a-o-k Those are not the type of D's the Bruins need. Seabrook, Bogosian and Yandle yes !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not very big on Jordan Staal as well. I know, I know, he basically has Brian Burke & my mom on his wings, but his numbers aren't all that impressive for a top 2 pick. I said at that draft that it was a mistake for the Pens to pass on Backstrom, and I still feel that way today.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    It's a tough call because Backstrom would still only be the 3rd line center in Pitt.Just like Staal,who I feel is better suited to that role than Backstrom.Sometimes you draft the best player available and sometimes you draft to your needs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I say yes yes yes to almost every big name guy mentioned on here, except the j staal ehroff post of course.

E Johnson, Yandle, Parise, Richards if you can sign him, what about R Nash or Weber?  Those last two guys have had their names floated too.

No matter how you slice it, I've been of the opinion for a while that the bruins need a few real top end talent guys to go with the great goalie, shut down dman, and two excellent centers.

Get it done PC, Seguin, Knight, and Parise (or insert trade du jor here) for Kessel would make this even more of a heist than we thought.  Would you trade any of the guys mentioned for Kessel straight up?  I didnt think so!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Does anyone else feel like a kid at Christmas for this trade deadline now? 

Chia coming out saying the pick available has me hoping for one of these studs mentioned!  How great would the next 4/5 months be for puckheads here if we land a guy who instantly goes into the conversation as best player on our team.

I'm holding out hope for a nash/parise/richards, would love this team to have a legit scorer to go with Z and TT.  Yandle/EJohnson would certainly get me fired up as a fan too!

Love this stuff, how is the rest of America not as into hockey as we are!?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Horton will not be in any trade-- makes no sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I'm with those who suggest its good business practice for Chiarelli to float the notion of the Leaf pick's potential availability out there.  Should he actually put the pick in play, my preference would be for a young, sharp-shooter up front, someone to put the dagger in on offence. 

I'm not sure who that would be right now and on the other end, who would part with such a player? 

Yeah, Rick Nash would be nice but I wonder if there would even be any of this speculation or talk of the coveted first-rounder by PC if Krejci were having a year much like his 73 point season of two years ago?  His skills haven't emerged consistently to this point.  Hopefully,they will.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I don't know why Nash would be a legit option. Unless CBJ gets an insane package (ie: Toronto's 1st, our 1st, Krejci &/or other assets?). It's not as if they're doing awful like they did last year. Same thing with Yandle & Phoenix. Yes, they have salary issues (what else is new), but the difference between 5th place and 12th or 13th is like 7 points or something insane like that. A lot of hockey left to be played.

It'll be interesting to see if any team with a valuable asset that is interested in PC's top 5 pick falls off in the next few weeks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I know you got this article from NESN. Those guys are good at making stuff up. He never stated on radio that he will trade Toronto's #1 pick. He will make a trade 100 percent but it doesn't mean involving Toronto's #1. 

Crazy people in that forum are suggesting that we use Toronto's #1 to try to get Richards (rental), Nash (not avail) or Spezza (seriously?)

I'd give up our own 1st round pick + Toronto 2nd round pick but not the Toronto #1 pick unless Richards (or someone of his calibre) is going to sign with us long term.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So this is the fantasy island thread? Ok then... how about TO's first this year,  our first in both 2011 and 2012, Ryder and Boychuk for Iginla and Giordano. Throw in our second rounders this year if it needs it, heck just keep adding picks until it's done.

Won't happen but I can dream. It's a dream because if we added those two players we win the cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : I really like Backes but I don't see why you think he's better than Lucic.Their numbers are near identical while Lucic is 4 years younger.Not that Backes isn't tough but Lucic was voted by the players to be one of the leagues most feared fighters.I guess I don't understand your dig aimed at Lucic.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I love Lucic, but the first year we all thought he was headed in a straight line towards Cam-land.  I know he was hurt last year but even this year with the goals he still has only what 13 assists?  How do you do that playing full time? He is not a physical force out there every often.... he takes some games off altogether.  very, very inconsistent.  A power forward like trhat should be making a physical impact on the game almost every night, even when he's not scoring.

Im seeing a lot of Backes (Im 90 miles from St Louis) and I like the way he plays the game, night after night. He's playing on an awful team so I cant get too caught up in the comparative stats.  Its just a guess, but Id love to see that 6' 3" 235 bad attitude in Bruins' black.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I know you got this article from NESN. Those guys are good at making stuff up. He never stated on radio that he will trade Toronto's #1 pick. He will make a trade 100 percent but it doesn't mean involving Toronto's #1.  Crazy people in that forum are suggesting that we use Toronto's #1 to try to get Richards (rental), Nash (not avail) or Spezza (seriously?) I'd give up our own 1st round pick + Toronto 2nd round pick but not the Toronto #1 pick unless Richards (or someone of his calibre) is going to sign with us long term.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Yaz we've already used Toronto's second - it's Jared Knight. We do have two seconds this year, but not from Toronto.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

thx for clarifying, who sent us the other 2nd round pick?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

[QUOTE]thx for clarifying, who sent us the other 2nd round pick?
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Yaz, we got it from Minnesota when we traded Kobasew.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : Which of the rumoured to be available players would you be willing to trade the pick for?I obviously like Parise but I'd also be willing to throw it at Atlanta in a deal for Bogosian.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'd say YES on Parise, Seabrook or Yandle

NO on Phillips, Kaberle

MAYBE on Jason Arnott, but I'd substitute Hammil for Ryder or Wheeler and offer the Bruins first rd. pick (meaning theirs not inc. the Toronto one.) If Lou said no to that I'd still consider Arnott for the Tor. pick but would insist on another NJ prospect in return. Dunno that they have anyone like that the B's would want.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : I'd say YES on Parise, Seabrook or Yandle NO on Phillips, Kaberle MAYBE on Jason Arnott, but I'd substitute Hammil for Ryder or Wheeler and offer the Bruins first rd. pick (meaning theirs not inc. the Toronto one.) If Lou said no to that I'd still consider Arnott for the Tor. pick but would insist on another NJ prospect in return. Dunno that they have anyone like that the B's would want.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    If Chia is entertaining offers for the Toronto pick , I can assure you, Jason Arnott. will not be part of the equation...that pick will be dangled for an impact player..otherwise, forget it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE] the bruins need a few real top end talent guys
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

If this is true, then they aren't contenders, and they have no shot at acquiring what they need.  You could have a whole show on ESPN called "#*$% Brian Burke Says" but the one thing he said that rang true for me was that if you're looking to get core pieces of your roster at the trade deadline, then you've completely missed the mark with whatever plan you had.  You rarely if ever see a team go out and trade for a guy who becomes the best player on their roster.  When it does happen, as when Nashville grabbed Forsberg, it usually leads to a flame out. 

So...think about that.  If you really believe this team needs a top of the roster guy to be a legit contender, they probably need to hold on to the pick and look to make a trade for a guy who just needs the right opportunity to break out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : I think the players people are talking most about moving it for are Yandle E. Johnson Either way id be super happy.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I like Hockey, great pic....Anderson Silva is ridiculous.  That being said, I would take either of those guys, but I prefer Yandle....local kid!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : I like Hockey, great pic....Anderson Silva is ridiculous.  That being said, I would take either of those guys, but I prefer Yandle....local kid!
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

You know, Ive been a MMA fan for years now. And I never really liked anderson but in the last year or so I just find it incredibly hard not too. Soo much skill its absurd. I saw that kick and was like WHATT?????

Then he credits segal who credits a karate master in Japan that tought it to him in like 1960 or something. Made it 10x better if that was possible.

Yes I have my biggest hopes on  Yandle local kid, great passer, great shooter, tough. Basically everything Kaberle is and Isnt at the same time. Id give up whatever necessary to get him. Short of Krejci+Lucic+Bergy and Obviously Seguin.