Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

Well said, Bookboy, but then that IS the game from Training Camp isn't it?
    "Are We A Contender?"

In the Bruins case, right now, I would say, 'no.'
    A bit of a paper lion, right now. Not truly 3rd best in the East.
    A 'size and experience' Forward and Defenceman away.
    And the timing is not terrible right now, to acquire both things

I would say you should never trade away 1st Round picks. Never.

For the Bruins, there are only, like, three guys you'd HAVE to consider trading that Leafs pick for; Stamkos, Doughty or Parise. I don't see any of these teams parting with any of these players - with the exception of Parise.

Even if half-true, Contender or not, you'd have to consider this player

A game-breaker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

For those of you with elephant memories, has a pick currently in the bottom five ever been traded near the trade deadline?  It must be a rare occurance, since teams with a natural pick in that range aren't buying.  That might make it hard to judge what it is worth, based on precedence.

On next year's cap space, given all the positive vibes the league has been giving out regarding revenue, I think it will go up at least $2M (which capgeek does not include).  There is another factor though - the performance cushion.  Isn't next year one of those "if something isn't extended by X date there will be no performance cushion and all bonuses count directly against the cap" years?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : If this is true, then they aren't contenders, and they have no shot at acquiring what they need.  You could have a whole show on ESPN called " #*$% Brian Burke Says" but the one thing he said that rang true for me was that if you're looking to get core pieces of your roster at the trade deadline, then you've completely missed the mark with whatever plan you had.  You rarely if ever see a team go out and trade for a guy who becomes the best player on their roster.  When it does happen, as when Nashville grabbed Forsberg, it usually leads to a flame out.  So...think about that.  If you really believe this team needs a top of the roster guy to be a legit contender, they probably need to hold on to the pick and look to make a trade for a guy who just needs the right opportunity to break out.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

The Bruins without Savard right now look like the Devils team from the 90's that won games due to their defensse and playing discipline hockey. 

But i'd feel a little bit more secure adding a top notch scoring player in our team before the playoffs. 

We have run into scorless dry spells and especially can't claw our way back in a game when we are failing behind. 

Thats why a stone cold goal scorer could be that game changer we need

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night on Hockey Central (wanted to see the Cooke hit) they had a phone call interview with Chiarelli and he says that a deal is already on the table .  He's just has to run it through the rest of management to discuss it. I guess if
    it's a go or not.   He also said yes he'll dangle TO's 1st round pick.

This deal he's taking about might be a minor one for the big one to come.

As for the Leafs ,I know they won;t make the playoffs but they're all talking about how close they are getting and are only single digits away from making the playoffs.
    This will also motivate them to play hard and I think will build some point totals from now till the end . The pick might only be a 6-7 th ?

All I know is Chiarelli has made all the GM's know he's ready to deal unlike that baffoon of O'Connell on the way he handled the Joe Thornton trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Heard it from a friend, who heard it from friend, who heard  it from another that the deal they are considering involves Rick Nash.  It is not reliable info but if it is true what would you be willing to give up for him? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]Heard it from a friend, who heard it from friend, who heard  it from another that the deal they are considering involves Rick Nash.  It is not reliable info but if it is true what would you be willing to give up for him? 
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Alot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : Alot. Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

^Yes!^

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

PC stated, “There’s been one [deal] that we’ve thrown around here internally. I don’t know that I would do it, but it’s something that warrants further discussion,”

ANybody out there want to speculate on what theis deal might be?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]PC stated, “There’s been one [deal] that we’ve thrown around here internally. I don’t know that I would do it, but it’s something that warrants further discussion,” ANybody out there want to speculate on what theis deal might be?
    Posted by bnice0015[/QUOTE]

Nearly as soon as PC said he might trade that pick Bogosian trade rumors whilred up. Dont know if its coincidence or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll bet it was Tambellini that made a straight up offer for TOs 1st he's got young talent and picks to swap that would be my guess. Steve was very aggressive last summer trying to trade down with Chiarelli.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I would hang up the phone on ST unless the package includes Jordan Eberle. If not, forget it. Might just be me, but I'm really big on JE. I don't blame him for going after a bunch of high picks. His team is the laughing stock of the NHL and they're going through a rebuild, things they will do most likely for the next 2 years or so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Bruins First pick goes to TO for Kaberle. He would have the most impact on this team right now. The 2011 draft seems like we will have 5-10 players so the Bruins can pick the same talent #1 and #20.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Trade 1
    Toronto's 1st , Wheeler, Kampfer & a prospect(Colborne/Sauve) for Nash & Columbus' 3rd
    Trade 2
    Boston's 1st M Stuart Ryder for Kaberle and Versteeg 
    not sure if the money works...i think it does...

BBB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Last night on Hockey Central (wanted to see the Cooke hit) they had a phone call interview with Chiarelli and he says that a deal is already on the table .  He's just has to run it through the rest of management to discuss it. I guess if it's a go or not.   He also said yes he'll dangle TO's 1st round pick. This deal he's taking about might be a minor one for the big one to come. As for the Leafs ,I know they won;t make the playoffs but they're all talking about how close they are getting and are only single digits away from making the playoffs. This will also motivate them to play hard and I think will build some point totals from now till the end . The pick might only be a 6-7 th ? All I know is Chiarelli has made all the GM's know he's ready to deal unlike that baffoon of O'Connell on the way he handled the Joe Thornton trade.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I had to bump this thread back up.  I'm hearing more and more (including this interview) that a deal is in the works and that it will be done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : I had to bump this thread back up.  I'm hearing more and more that a deal is in the works and that it will be done.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Where are you heard it?  From "they"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : Where are you heard it?  From "they"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

For one I heard Chiarelli's phone interview saying there's aleardy a deal on the table. (what date ? you will have to look at my original post I hi-lited above)BadHabitude heard PC say a deal will be done.
    And on the radio tonight I hearD Elliot Friedman say that the Bruins will make a trade.  
    Then there's Twitter and all the twits on that LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not very big on Jordan Staal as well. I know, I know, he basically has Brian Burke & my mom on his wings, but his numbers aren't all that impressive for a top 2 pick. I said at that draft that it was a mistake for the Pens to pass on Backstrom, and I still feel that way today.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    You have to put in the fact that he is the 3rd line center behind 87 and 71. If he was a #1 C somewhere he would be like his brother (Eric). He has serious talent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : Where are you heard it?  From "they"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Here's some more "they". So many echos will equate to a trade sooner or later.

From home page:
    Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli (left) has made it clear he's been working the trade market to add a player prior the Feb. 28 trade deadline. The team lost center Marc Savard (center), whose season is over because of a concussion, and might seek a replacement center or an offensive-minded defenseman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well if he has an offer that brings in a bigtime scorer then do it.