Chicago trades for Versteeg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Chicago trades for Versteeg

4 player deal, Florida gets Jimmy Hayes. Not a bad deal for the Panthers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Chicago trades for Versteeg

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 player deal, Chicago gets Jimmy Hayes. Not a bad deal for the Panthers.

[/QUOTE]

Florida gets Jimmy Hayes?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Florida trades their #1 asset over the age of 22 for two minor leaguers.

And it's not a salary dump, as Florida will be eating half of Versteeg's salary for the next 2.5 years.

"it's fair to question a process that brings two Tallon draft picks (from his time as Blackhawks GM) as the return, particularly when the Panthers were willing to take on half of the financial obligation due to Versteeg over the next two-and-three-quarter seasons. Maybe Hayes and Olsen are going to make it as NHLers in South Florida, but it appears that what made them most qualified for this trade is that they were familiar commodities to the Panthers general manager."

Does anyone want to step forward and trumpet the talents of Tallon?  This guy is a joke.  Are you telling me that no one would have offered more for a half priced Kris Versteeg than two minor leaguers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

To add, why didn't Tallon just wait until the trade deadline.  Shades of the Joe Thornton trade.  

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And it's not a salary dump, as Florida will be eating half of Versteeg's salary for the next 2.5 years.

"it's fair to question a process that brings two Tallon draft picks (from his time as Blackhawks GM) as the return, particularly when the Panthers were willing to take on half of the financial obligation due to Versteeg over the next two-and-three-quarter seasons. Maybe Hayes and Olsen are going to make it as NHLers in South Florida, but it appears that what made them most qualified for this trade is that they were familiar commodities to the Panthers general manager."

Does anyone want to step forward and trumpet the talents of Tallon?  This guy is a joke.  Are you telling me that no one would have offered more for a half priced Kris Versteeg than two minor leaguers?

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, this is brilliant.  Remember, everyone who loves Tallon loves that he drafted Kane 1 and Toews 3.  He's thinking "I got screwged by the lottery this year, but we have two 3rd overall guys, and a 2nd overall guy, and if Eddie ever comes back, we have a #1 overall, but we need a #1 overall who isn't 400 years old!  TANK IT!"

Well you're in your office as Hawks GM
    and taking credit for something good
    but if your not really good
    you're gonna leave and be Panthers GM
    and when you're in the Panthers room
    you might not know what to do
    you might have to think of
    how you got started 
    when you were the Hawks GM 

...in other words, s--k like Rusty in a vaccuum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There may be more to this than we know.  I'll see what I can find out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I agree with NAS.

Tallon is overrated. It doesn't take a genius to draft Patrick Kane first overall.

He could have gotten more for Versteeg now, and much more later.

What I don't like is that the Panthers take back half the salary. That has me thinking conspiracy. I point the finger directly at the Bowmans. Some backroom stuff going on here. It stinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with NAS.

Tallon is overrated. It doesn't take a genius to draft Patrick Kane first overall.

He could have gotten more for Versteeg now, and much more later.

What I don't like is that the Panthers take back half the salary. That has me thinking conspiracy. I point the finger directly at the Bowmans. Some backroom stuff going on here. It stinks.

[/QUOTE]

You mean you wouldn't have taken JVR?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man if ChiaPet hadn't traded Versteeg the Bruins would have 3 Stanley Cups by now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Is it me or did NAS delete a post in which he indicated he was emailing with and going to talk to the president of the Florida Panthers today regarding this trade?  Glad you came to your senses NAS, not a smooth move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it me or did NAS delete a post in which he indicated he was emailing with and going to talk to the president of the Florida Panthers today regarding this trade?  Glad you came to your senses NAS, not a smooth move.

[/QUOTE]

NAS was going to all 'Stanley' on the Panthers front office?

Was he going to offer to take Tallon's place?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I saw the same.  Did someone steal  NAS's ID from BDC. Teasingly interesting post with NAS , highly improbable it is NAS. Yet I read it!  

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

There may be more to this than we know.  I'll see what I can find out.

[/QUOTE]

Remember Nas, this is a Bruins forum, not a Nuck, Jets or in this case a Panther fan site. You have pointed this out many times. ;-D 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw the same.  Did someone steal  NAS's ID from BDC. Teasingly interesting post with NAS , highly improbable it is NAS. Yet I read it!  

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe it was NAS and he realized how stupid it was to post that kind of information on a public forum for all to see.  His "friend" certainly wouldn't appreciate him posting and he quickly realized his mistake.

That's why he changed his post to There may be more to this than we know.  I'll see what I can find out.   In his original post those were the words in the email from his "friend".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I believe it was NAS and he realized how stupid it was to post that kind of information on a public forum for all to see.  His "friend" certainly wouldn't appreciate him posting and he quickly realized his mistake.

That's why he changed his post to There may be more to this than we know.  I'll see what I can find out.   In his original post those were the words in the email from his "friend".

[/QUOTE]

First and foremost, if anything was posted and deleted, why would you be going with your memory of "original" words?  Why not realize that a deleted post is gone and that's that?

Secondly, the word was "friendly".

Big difference.

Now, move on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember Nas, this is a Bruins forum, not a Nuck, Jets or in this case a Panther fan site. You have pointed this out many times. ;-D 

[/QUOTE]

I didn't start the thread, sucker!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:[QUOTE] Is it me or did NAS delete a post in which he indicated he was emailing with and going to talk to the president of the Florida Panthers today regarding this trade?  Glad you came to your senses NAS, not a smooth move. [/QUOTE]

NAS was going to all 'Stanley' on the Panthers front office?

Was he going to offer to take Tallon's place? [/QUOTE]

He already did. Dale just doesn't know it yet.

Good catch Mean and Isla! Oh the plot thickens LoL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jesus.  I post something and then change it in an attempt to avoid...this!

What a bunch of losers I chat with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't start the thread, sucker!

[/QUOTE]

Hey, while were on the subject of the Panthers, maybe the B's can get Huberdeau from Tallon for Caron and a 1st rounder? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The salary part wasnt reported when I posted it. I liked Hayes in college, not sure if he'll be a good NHLer. Reading up on it, people seem to be high on Olsen and expect him in the NHL by 2015. The salary part of it suprised me, but if the Panthers are going with a youth movement they might need it to get to the floor. I think Campbell is a big asset, I wonder how much they eat of his contract if they deal him. Can't see them dealing him without having to.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First and foremost, if anything was posted and deleted, why would you be going with your memory of "original" words?  Why not realize that a deleted post is gone and that's that?

Secondly, the word was "friendly".

Big difference.

Now, move on.

[/QUOTE]

Huge difference, you are right Nas.  We are all beneath you, us losers, why would someone so amazing as you associate on a forum with such scum of the earth.  At least you didn't say you were hacked a la Tyler.  Lesson learned. Lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

why would someone so amazing as you associate on a forum with such scum of the earth. 

[/QUOTE]

Shupe makes me laugh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought that at one time Jimmy Hayes had a fair amount of hype around him, but maybe's that's just because he's a Boston kid and I read mostly Boston stuff.

Versteeg seems to wear out his welcome everywhere and the agreement to take half of his salary reeks of desperation.  You would think there's more to the story.  I'll stick to my ongoing theory that any suspicious trade stems from one player banging another player's wife...

NAS, whatever your situation is, exploit it, and get us the dirt.  Isn't Dexter down there?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Stan Bowman has done a great job restocking on the fly while icing a championship roster, Tallon's importance to the Hawks was vastly over rated. Tallon has since gone on and foolishly spent money on overpriced aging veterans that clearly can't get the job done and hasn't found a mix that can compete....11/12 the abberation. That roster is a disaster and it's unfortunate that Dineen was the one let go while the architect is still in place making deals like this one.