Chimera you freakin ____!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Chimera you freakin ____!

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  If a player is skating and then stops moving his feet but continues forward, what do you call it ? Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Charging and you can ask me 100 times to rewatch the hit it won't matter. I do understand where you are coming from in your points but I disagree.

You can't call me homer either as I have joined you quite a bit on here criticizing the Bruins in some other aspects. McQuaid's face-plant-miss-hits behind the net was one of them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! :  I don't think Lucic meant to bowl over Miller, but I also don't think he tried to avoid the contact. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

That's a ridiculous statement and if you believe that then you believe that Chimera didn't have time to do less than jam McQuaid's head into the boards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Charging and you can ask me 100 times to rewatch the hit it won't matter. I do understand where you are coming from in your points but I disagree. You can't call me homer either as I have joined you quite a bit on here criticizing the Bruins in some other aspects. McQuaid's face-plant-miss-hits behind the net was one of them.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

No, I mean, if it isn't gliding, what is it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : No, I mean, if it isn't gliding, what is it? Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Skating to finish a check the end result was bad. Confounding to me considering the bear hug previously performed by Chimera. Hey Shanahammer agreed with you...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Call it whatever you like. Doesn't matter if it was clean or not. He got away without a response, bad sign from this team. Adam McQuaid has been standing up for everyone for two seasons now. If that was the Rangers or the Pens Chimera is getting a punch in the mouth with a glove on, and someone else is goin down probably on the next shift. Doesn't bode well in my book - very disappointing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Call it whatever you like. Doesn't matter if it was clean or not. He got away without a response, bad sign from this team. Adam McQuaid has been standing up for everyone for two seasons now. If that was the Rangers or the Pens Chimera is getting a punch in the mouth with a glove on, and someone else is goin down probably on the next shift. Doesn't bode well in my book - very disappointing
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Bergeron was the first one to confront him - not his style to drop the gloves.  Linesman then steps in.  Chimura gets thrown out.  No chance for retribution.  Plus, he plays the game the right way for the most part - it's not like he has a reputation like Marchand working against him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : That's a ridiculous statement and if you believe that then you believe that Chimera didn't have time to do less than jam McQuaid's head into the boards.

Did he target the head or try to check the guy playing the puck? Are you serious with this? Did the check end up with injury because of McQuaids actions or Chimeras?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Did he target the head or try to check the guy playing the puck? Are you serious with this? Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

No McQuaid can't play today because he down fell down all by himself. Hey Linda Cohn is on TV why don't you go fetch a dirty sock or an apple pie LoL!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : No McQuaid can't play today because he down fell down all by himself. Hey Linda Cohn is on TV why don't you go fetch a dirty sock or an apple pie LoL!

Congrats, Nulls argument makes more sense than yours do. McQuaid can't play today because his eye is cut from meeting the glass. Next time, don't turn your back when someone is coming in to play the body.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! :Next time, don't turn your back when someone is coming in to play the body. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

No next time McQuaid is protecting the puck along the boards he shouldn't expect to get charged and your face planted against the glass. The call was correct on the ice as most agree. Time for you to go marvel at your high school goalie pics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : No next time McQuaid is protecting the puck along the boards he shouldn't expect to get charged and your face planted against the glass. The call was correct on the ice as most agree. Time for you to go marvel at your high school goalie pics.

Your right San, how many games did Chimera get? Kicked out of the game with injury resulting, automatic right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The call was correct on the ice and McQuaid can't play today as a result those are indisputable facts. I wish you well trying to interrupt the NHL rule book in the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]The call was correct on the ice and McQuaid can't play today as a result those are indisputable facts. I wish you well trying to interrupt the NHL rule book in the future.

Charging was the correct call? Chimera was in the process of stopping at the point of impact. You have your black n gold glasses on, if this was the other way around you'd see it the other way.
    Your posts suck, you suck, your not intelligent enough to be objective and you see things the way you want to and if someone disagrees you get personal.

I'm not sure how I can "interrupt" the NHL rule book. I can try to interpret what I think the rule is.
    When do you think the suspension is coming down? The call on the ice was correct and we now have an injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Your posts suck, you suck, your not intelligent enough to be objective and you see things the way you want to and if someone disagrees you get personal. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

What a child :laughing:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Refs sometimes make terrible calls, but they are professional referees for a reason. They simply know more about the game than fans do because it's their job to do so and they call games night in an night out.

Charging was absolutely the correct call in this instance.

It is incumbent on the NHL--not the players who have a split-second, instinctual reaction moment to turn their back to avoid a hit they sense coming at the last second, as McQuaid did--to correct this problem by allowing the annoying but certainly less injury-resulting play of bear-hugging a player for a second or two rather than following thru on what could be a career-ending concussive injury for the player who gets hit.

No one is saying this makes Chimera a Matt Cooke-type of player but it was 100% the right call and he deserved to be penalized for this particular hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:[QUOTE] Charging was absolutely the correct call in this instance. It is incumbent on the NHL--not the players who have a split-second, instinctual reaction moment to turn their back to avoid a hit they sense coming at the last second, as McQuaid did--to correct this problem by allowing the annoying but certainly less injury-resulting play of bear-hugging a player for a second or two rather than following thru on what could be a career-ending concussive injury for the player who gets hit. No one is saying this makes Chimera a Matt Cooke-type of player but it was 100% the right call and he deserved to be penalized for this particular hit.Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Take your darn blinders off LoL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : What a child :laughing:

"Go marvel at your high school goalie pics."

Real mature.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The call was correct on the ice and McQuaid can't play today as a result those are indisputable facts. I wish you well trying to interrupt the NHL rule book in the future.

Yes, McQuaid is out.  He'll probably think twice before turning his face to the boards next time.

Because that was a stupid move.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Yes, McQuaid is out.  He'll probably think twice before turning his face to the boards next time. Because that was a stupid move.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly the same argument I get from Flyers fans about Bergeron when he was hit by Jones. It sounds just as stupid coming from you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : That's exactly the same argument I get from Flyers fans about Bergeron when he was hit by Jones. It sounds just as stupid coming from you.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
     Bergeron--possibly the best 2way player in a decade or more--almost had his career ended on exactly the same type of play. Flyers fans to this day defend Jones b/c Bergeron did what ANY human being would have done inw that situation--b/c it is INSTINCT to do so--and it was Jones who saw the vulnerability and rammed him anyway.

The league has the power  to take the incentive for such hits away--all they have to do is DO IT--and suck it up that it will mean less hitting and more slowed-down play.

You'd think by now w/the # of top-flight players out w/concussions they'd se the bigger picture...but sadly, not yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : That's exactly the same argument I get from Flyers fans about Bergeron when he was hit by Jones. It sounds just as stupid coming from you.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Bergeron was racing to the puck that was on the end boards his back was turned skating, he was facing the puck. Different situation than McQuaid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : He glided into the hit.  Most players are skating before they throw a check.  They aren't standing still.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Now we are talking about 2 separate arguments.

Back when the subject was "McQuaid turned into it", it was correct that Chimera wasn't called for boarding.  Its also correct that there was no suspension.

Now, saying Chimera was "gliding," are you saying that play wasn't even a penalty at all?

I think any ref in the league calls that one charging, and given that McQuaid was injured on the play, it was bumped to a major. 

I think the league got the call right on the non-suspension, and the refs got the call right on the ice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

I like Wensink's point; let's have a team where even borderline hits are not tolerated, and hence don't take place.....

McQ had some accountability, IMO, as it looked pretty dumb ( and I love the guy ). Looks to me like a car accident where there's some fault with each driver, maybe more on Chimera, but again, if the team is unified in toughness etc, opponents tend to think hard before engaging is even ambiguous/borderline legal hits like this one. Now we're down another key guy, and the Rags are up tomorrow...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I like Wensink's point; let's have a team where even borderline hits are not tolerated, and hence don't take place..... McQ had some accountability, IMO, as it looked pretty dumb ( and I love the guy ). Looks to me like a car accident where there's some fault with each driver, maybe more on Chimera, but again, if the team is unified in toughness etc, opponents tend to think hard before engaging is even ambiguous/borderline legal hits like this one. Now we're down another key guy, and the Rags are up tomorrow...
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

About how the players on the ice reacted.  Who was on the ice ? 
    Bergeron , he shouldn't drop his gloves.
    Zanon,  I don't think he's the type.
    Who else ? Assuming Seguin and Marchand were on the line with Bergeron ?