Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him

this kid is only 24 ...6'2''  224 lbs ...perfect fit for the BRUINS ....we should concentrate our efforts on him ..that would be a huge addition for the playoffs..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013*

* As long as we dont get Pahlasson or Spacek

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him

he won't come cheap....  i'd do a 1st rounder....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If that's true, my guess is they'll be asking a mint for him.  He hasn't been the same since he left Colorado - he's a guy who needs the right C.  Maybe St. Louis looked at what Howson was asking for Nash and thought - I bet we can be some panicky GMs back-up plan and get the same kind of return!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

our 1st 2012 rounder + our 1st 2013 ..I tell you tis kid is the real thing I just wonder why the Blues want to trade him ???

*As long as we dont get Pahlsson or Spacek

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him:
    [QUOTE]he won't come cheap....  i'd do a 1st rounder....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's going to be enough.  St Louis gave up Erik Johnson, Jay McClement and a first to get him and Shattenkirk plus a second.  All things considered, I guess that's not too far off a first.  Figure:

[Stewart<Johnson +  2nd<1st] - Shattenkirk />McClement = Even trade.

That is, the degree of inequality between each of those pieces balances out in the end when you consider Colorado's 2nd was virtually a late first.

So yeah, maybe a 1st is in the running in terms of value, but St Lou is looking at a playoff run, so I doubt they subtract him without adding to the roster, and that means there's no way the Bruins are in on him.

I also had a second look at his performance.  Definitely a one-track player.  Not a playmaker but a bull goalscorer.  Two 28 goal seasons, but low point totals.  I know I like what I've seen, but I can also see how he might be a limited asset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He would look really good w/ Looch and Krejci but Orr is correct he wouldn't be cheap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

All reports indicate this kid is lazy and a bad lockerroom guy. I don't care about potential and if we are giving up any first it better be Dustin Brown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

2 1st rounders?  No thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lazy and a bad guy in the room, same things were said about Horton. Agreed I wouldn't give 2 1st rounders for him either. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I agree this would be a good fit for the Bs especially now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

with the losts of Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, Shawn Thornton and now Boychuk we have no other choices to make a Bluckbuster trade or else no Stanley Cup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to "Re: Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him": [QUOTE]Lazy and a bad guy in the room, same things were said about Horton. Agreed I wouldn't give 2 1st rounders for him either.  Posted by stan17[/QUOTE] Exactly why he doesnt get a first from me. Neither did horton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They will all be back for the playoffs, minus Horton.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A 1st was part of the package for Horton and Campbell, so technically yes we did give a 1st for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't like Stewart.  I watched him a lot in Colorado and his talent is obvious but he rarely plays hard, never sticks up for his teammates, and takes dumb penalties.  I've seen very few players who look less motivated at times.  He was widely disliked by his teammates in Colorado, which is why they dealt him.  He has been on the 4th line at times in St. Louis and has underachieved.  He seems to have all the elements of clubhouse cancer for the playoffs.

On top of all that, he still won't come cheap.  I'd pass. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to "Re: Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him": [QUOTE]A 1st was part of the package for Horton and Campbell, so technically yes we did give a 1st for him. Posted by stan17[/QUOTE] I don't know what you're arguing. I am stating what I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Stewart available according to Bob McKenzie...lets get him:
    [QUOTE]I don't like Stewart.  I watched him a lot in Colorado and his talent is obvious but he rarely plays hard, never sticks up for his teammates, and takes dumb penalties.  I've seen very few players who look less motivated at times.  He was widely disliked by his teammates in Colorado, which is why they dealt him.  He has been on the 4th line at times in St. Louis and has underachieved.  He seems to have all the elements of clubhouse cancer for the playoffs. On top of all that, he still won't come cheap.  I'd pass. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Yep, No thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Didn't realize it was that bad.  Everytime I see him, he looks like a moose.  I'd still take a chance on him as a reclamation if the price was right, but I doubt that will be the case for a few years yet.

On the "disliked in Colorado" thing, wasn't Peter Stastny on record calling out the Avs management for taking away one of his son's linemates?  Don't recall if he was also a friend, but I don't know if Peter goes on record for a guy who his son can't stand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like Stewart.  I watched him a lot in Colorado and his talent is obvious but he rarely plays hard, never sticks up for his teammates, and takes dumb penalties.  I've seen very few players who look less motivated at times.  He was widely disliked by his teammates in Colorado, which is why they dealt him.  He has been on the 4th line at times in St. Louis and has underachieved.  He seems to have all the elements of clubhouse cancer for the playoffs. On top of all that, he still won't come cheap.  I'd pass. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Well last week against the B's he looked very good

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't realize it was that bad.  Everytime I see him, he looks like a moose.  I'd still take a chance on him as a reclamation if the price was right, but I doubt that will be the case for a few years yet. On the "disliked in Colorado" thing, wasn't Peter Stastny on record calling out the Avs management for taking away one of his son's linemates?  Don't recall if he was also a friend, but I don't know if Peter goes on record for a guy who his son can't stand.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the trade that set Stastny Sr. off like a disgruntled pee wee parent, but I don't know if that was about Stewart or Shattenkirk, or whatever.  You would think a guy who gets $7 million a year, to play a little worse each season, would tell his Dad to shut his fat yapper, but I digress...

I hate to do this Book, because I hate "inside sources".  But I do have a friend (of a friend) who works for the Avs and plays golf with some of the players, and that kind of a thing.  I saw him after that trade and we asked him what the deal was.  He said the players hate Stewart and that Adam Foote specifically told him "we couldn't get rid of that guy fast enough".  That's why I said that.  His lack of motivation was plainly observable, although he plays great some nights.

So, I won't be offended if you discount that.  God knows the track record of "inside sources" is abysmal on this site.  But that's what I know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

ROFL.  Totally agree with your decision to keep the "insider" tag in mothballs.  Sorry to make you drag it out.  I have a couple of those chance avenues to find out about things behind the scenes, but usually I stay away from the threads where I might be tempted to say "well, my friend who is Player X's wife's tennis coach told me that...."  Because I'd be tempted.  And then shamed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Exactly.