Christine Bourque has to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Christine Bourque has to go!

This is nepotism gone crazy! A classic minor league talent is being given oodles of minutes and even shootout time when he looks like a peewee player competing against men. Thank goodness Claudes insistance of rolling him out there on shootouts hasn't cost us yet. Bring back Jordan please! And if he's still gimpy give Spooner or Tardif a shot. Apparently Chris Bourque is the milkman's kid LOL, there's little if any Ray in him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Christine Bourque has to go!

C'mon bro! Thats not cool. Theres already a thread dedicated to Chris Bourque. You could have put your childish thread there.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

This is nepotism gone crazy! A classic minor league talent is being given oodles of minutes and even shootout time when he looks like a peewee player competing against men. Thank goodness Claudes insistance of rolling him out there on shootouts hasn't cost us yet. Bring back Jordan please! And if he's still gimpy give Spooner or Tardif a shot. Apparently Chris Bourque is the milkman's kid LOL, there's little if any Ray in him. 

Well at least ..CJ gave him a real chance ...the kid did not took advantage of it ...you are being rude ...but I agree with that we should give another chance to Caron ..before going to Spooner or Tardif ...one of them will certainly step up ....sorry for Mr Bourque but he is not ready for the NHL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

We're not gonna have a Hart trophy winner in our 3rd line AHL call up.  I'm all for giving the best young AHL forwards a decent shot there, and as long as they hustle, get a few chances, and play responsibly, I'm satisfied.  Not everyone is going to be a star.  Bourque has been mediocre.  If he doesn't get better, he'll be sent back down.  Nothing to get upset about and it seems fair to me.  They haven't lost a game with him in the lineup.

As for the charge of nepotism, take a look at the AHL stats.  He was our leading scorer down there.  Who else should they have given this chance to?

Camper was the leading scorer last year and got a similar chance with the big club.  That's kind of how it works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ooh, you called him Christine. How hilarious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chiarelli was on Toucher and Rich this morning:

While the team is rolling, the one area of concern is the third line. The Kelly-Peverley-Bourque line is the only line that hasn’t scored this season.

“I don’t have an answer for that; they’re out of sorts. Chris Bourque is a newcomer to that line; but I don’t want him to shoulder the blame,” said Chiarelli. “They’re just not clicking right now.”

“He’s a grittier player with a good off skill set. He needs to keep his feet moving to succeed at this level,” Chiarelli said of the struggling Bourque. “We like the left shot skill set that he brings, and right now it’s not clicking. We’ll have to see how that goes.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/chiarelli-on-toucher-rich-surprised-by-bruins-early-season-battle-level/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I really think 10 games is the max & more than a fair shake for Chris. Calling him Christine is as junivenlle as it gets. He has done nothing to warrant that kind of garbage. The Bourque family is full of class. You should try showing some! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Chiarelli was on Toucher and Rich this morning:

While the team is rolling, the one area of concern is the third line. The Kelly-Peverley-Bourque line is the only line that hasn’t scored this season.

“I don’t have an answer for that; they’re out of sorts. Chris Bourque is a newcomer to that line; but I don’t want him to shoulder the blame,” said Chiarelli. “They’re just not clicking right now.”

“He’s a grittier player with a good off skill set. He needs to keep his feet moving to succeed at this level,” Chiarelli said of the struggling Bourque. “We like the left shot skill set that he brings, and right now it’s not clicking. We’ll have to see how that goes.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/chiarelli-on-toucher-rich-surprised-by-bruins-early-season-battle-level/

Nice info.

What Chiarelli says is true. The other two aren't playing that well either. Maybe once they get their games going , so will Bourque.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think Peverley has been pretty solid except that he can't finish right now.  He's always been streaky that way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci, Seguin, and Bergeron have one more goal than Bourque.  Considering that he's a career AHLer, you'd think those guys would be playing a lot better than this bum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would think that Peverley (first line fill in) and Kelly (one of the best third line centers in the NHL) would be able to produce something over the course of the first six games.

Peverley is at 16:44 a game.  If he scores next game, he'll be on pace for 12 goals.  That's not exactly what we're hoping for from a $3.25M cap hit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Krejci, Seguin, and Bergeron have one more goal than Bourque.  Considering that he's a career AHLer, you'd think those guys would be playing a lot better than this bum.

And the same amount as his line mates. Just a brutal hockey player eh NAS! How much time do you give him though? Considering this is a shortened season & you want that third line going. When do you make a change? Do you put Paille on the 3rd since he's been there before & send Chris down to the 4th line? Or do you actually send him down & give someone from Prov a shot? I don't know any of the players down there well except for Caron & from what I hear he really hasn't earned a call up. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

You know what I find funny people were happy to run Hammil out of town yet Hammil was a better NHL player than Bourque has been. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

double post

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

You know what I find funny people were happy to run Hammil out of town yet Hammil was a better NHL player than Bourque has been. 

Fond but cloudy memories.

Hamill was a total bust.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Yep, absolutely true. Hamill had awful NHL numbers yet they were still considerably better than the 27 year old Bourque could manage. It speaks volumes for how poor an NHL player that Bourque truly is. He seems like a nice fellow. That's the only positive thing you can say about his NHL skill set.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think Peverley has been pretty solid except that he can't finish right now.  He's always been streaky that way.

Yep he does get his game going in streaks, not worried for now. The one thing that Peverley does well is get some speed going through the neutral zone then he makes defensman chase him then they are out of position. Then Peverley has them off their game, once he starts doing this again Rich will be back on his game.

One thing big NHL defenseman love to do is chase pesky-quick-small-forwards around and it gets them in trouble.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

These forum responses get a little annoying. WE ARE WINNING People. As long as the third line sticks to their defensive responsibilities and dont become a liability, then Im ok with the no points produced. Sure we would all like to have all 4 lines producing, but the truth is, it doesnt happen as much as everyone thinks it does. And that goes for all the NHL teams. Thats why you have 4 lines. Hoping at least one of those 4 lines will pitch in on any given night to produce a win. Sure, your top lines are your top lines for a reason and for the most part they produce. The B's have always been a "defensive first" team, so Im fine with winning, but apparently that isnt enough for some fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

These forum responses get a little annoying. WE ARE WINNING People. As long as the third line sticks to their defensive responsibilities and dont become a liability, then Im ok with the no points produced. Sure we would all like to have all 4 lines producing, but the truth is, it doesnt happen as much as everyone thinks it does. And that goes for all the NHL teams. Thats why you have 4 lines. Hoping at least one of those 4 lines will pitch in on any given night to produce a win. Sure, your top lines are your top lines for a reason and for the most part they produce. The B's have always been a "defensive first" team, so Im fine with winning, but apparently that isnt enough for some fans.

No argument about the team winning. That is good news but should PC wait until they start losing before looking to improve?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

+/- for the 3rd line is aweful. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

While I certainly see your point, please keep in mind that most of us have Stanley Cup aspirations.  While I do think that we've played well and have been very pleased so far, I would submit that in order to win another cup, we are going to need get even better as the season progresses  One of the thing that needs to get better is the play of our third line.   Im not placing it all on Bourques shoulders; however, I dont think its unfair to consider shaking up that line even though we are undefeated in regulation.  There are many teams in the East that are going to improve as the season progresses and if we get complacent due to our awesome start, we are disadvantaging ourselves.  There are some REALLY REALLY good teams this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Hopefully bourque scores tonight that way these threads will go away then we can talk about how bad pevs has been playing and if we should send him down. Your ragging on a kid that makes less money then Thornton and letting a 3.25mil cap hit slide threw the cracks with how bad he has been playing. Bourque battles for the puck every opportunity he gets while pev sits there twiddling his thumbs. I'll take the puck battles over the ill show up talent when I feel like it. No one has ever jumped on that third line and started to produce look it up it takes time, so give the kid ten games then bash him as much as you want. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Hopefully bourque scores tonight that way these threads will go away then we can talk about how bad pevs has been playing and if we should send him down. Your ragging on a kid that makes less money then Thornton and letting a 3.25mil cap hit slide threw the cracks with how bad he has been playing. Bourque battles for the puck every opportunity he gets while pev sits there twiddling his thumbs. I'll take the puck battles over the ill show up talent when I feel like it. No one has ever jumped on that third line and started to produce look it up it takes time, so give the kid ten games then bash him as much as you want. 

Yeah, I'll decide for myself whether and when I think a 27 year old "kid" is Nhl ready. Even if he does steroids he likely won't be strong enough 3 orv4 games from now. Feel free to look that up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

That's some powerful ju-ju you wield!!  Can you make it rain on demand also?

Bourque out...  MacDermid in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Drewski - I have no problem with mixing it up and looking for better options, but when I read some of the posts, it sounds like some are ready to throw in the towel on Bourque. Im not sticking up for him, but 5 games isnt much to go off of. And as for the 3rd line having the worst +- as was mentioned, well, if you havent scored....and you give up a goal a game.... gonna be tough to change that, until you do score. Thing is the third line is a defensive line and they and the team have done enough to mitigate too many goals to lose. Some of you may not be happy with the third line, but I wouldnt trade that line away for any other 3rd line. They'll pick it up. Its just a matter of time.