Class act by montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Class act by montreal

They had a moment of silence tonight. Class move. I find myself only slightly enjoying their 6-3 deficit. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Class act by montreal

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

They had a moment of silence tonight. Class move. I find myself only slightly enjoying their 6-3 deficit. 

How about Plekanec doing a cross-check dance across Briere's back while he was down...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The organization did the right thing...but still don't respect the whiners and divers on the ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

White, Moen, Galchenyuk, MaxPac, Plekanec and Subban carrying the tradition tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

White, Moen, Galchenyuk, MaxPac, Plekanec and Subban carrying the tradition tonight.

Wow he's learning the tradition fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Wow he's learning the tradition fast.

I'd like to think Prust will resist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Still a class act, we may hate there game, but there all human and you can be certain it affects them the way it does us..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I watched on replay late last night and was touched by it.  Glad and happt to see people put aside sport for situations like this.  Respect.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

It's the best rivalry there is in any sport. It's just natural to dislike an opponent in that case. They gave me heartbreak that will never go away.

Make no mistake though, they are the crown jewel of the NHL, and while it's perectly acceptable to despise them on the ice, their organization, tradition and uniforms deserve the respect they've earned. I'll go back to hating them on another day, not now though -

Thanks Canadiens - god bless

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow.  My post was deleted.  All it said was that this isn't the time to talk about cheapshots on the Montreal ice.  It's about the organization being more about gameplay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

It's the best rivalry there is in any sport. It's just natural to dislike an opponent in that case. They gave me heartbreak that will never go away.

Make no mistake though, they are the crown jewel of the NHL, and while it's perectly acceptable to despise them on the ice, their organization, tradition and uniforms deserve the respect they've earned. I'll go back to hating them on another day, not now though -

Thanks Canadiens - god bless

Yep.  The enjoyment we get from two groups playing a game, should be put in perspective today.

good post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Hockey is a game but what happened at the Marathon is tragic reality.  In the end I think most people are good no matter who they cheer for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I didn't watch the Habs game, but according to Mike Boone of The Gazette, morons in the stands weren't able to shut up for the moment of silence.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone/about-last-night-113

"There were moments of silence for victims of the Boston tragedy in Montreal, Chicago, Calgary, Nashville and Phoenix.

As a Montrealer who loves his city, I am dismayed to note the Bell Centre as the only venue where yahoos screamed during the brief ceremony.

Disgusting and depressing … the more so in contrast to what happened a week ago when the Liverpool football club in England remembered the Hillsborough disaster.

For a full minute at the great Anfield stadium, players linked arms and you could hear a pin drop.

But in Montreal, we can’t ST FU for 10 seconds."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People aren't perfect.  It doesn't reflect the organization or the city for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

I didn't watch the Habs game, but according to Mike Boone of The Gazette, morons in the stands weren't able to shut up for the moment of silence.

"There were moments of silence for victims of the Boston tragedy in Montreal, Chicago, Calgary, Nashville and Phoenix.

As a Montrealer who loves his city, I am dismayed to note the Bell Centre as the only venue where yahoos screamed during the brief ceremony.

Disgusting and depressing … the more so in contrast to what happened a week ago when the Liverpool football club in England remembered the Hillsborough disaster.

For a full minute at the great Anfield stadium, players linked arms and you could hear a pin drop.

And if you watch the video, you can't hear anything of the sort from the crowd. It couldn't have been more than a handful of yahoos, who are found everywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

There's dummies all over the place but I'm proud of Mike Boone for calling them out . 

Even through the National Anthem in Chicago it bothered me seeing some fans in the crowd joking around and laughing . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Class act by the Canadiens organization. Wonder if Vancouver will do it. My deepest sympathies to the city of Boston & the USA! My thoughts & prayers go out to the victims & their families. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Classy move by the organization and the City of Montreal. Bravo to our true friends up North!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

not to miss tonight in Philly " God Bless America "

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just read that the Yankees are going to play Sweet Caroline between innings tonight along with a moment of silence at their game.

Hate the song.  Love the gesture.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

photo nybossm2_zps79d819c8.jpg

Yeah, good job NY; good job Montreal.

I suppose the Vancouver vermin will be offering free golf again?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

photo nybossm2_zps79d819c8.jpg

Yeah, good job NY; good job Montreal.

I suppose the Vancouver vermin will be offering free golf again?

The only Vancouver fan we actually know on this board has already offered his sincere condolences and well wishes to Boston.  

Let's go on that.  

I can't (won't) imagine that yesterday brought any joy or humor to Vancouver.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

All north american sports will honor boston.  Its not just classy its humane.  We are brothers and sisters regardless of flag or sports jersey.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cmon people.  I cant believe im reading some of these.  A young boy and 2 others killed.  Countless hurt and families friends and strangers grieving.  To say this about vancouver is offensive to me as a human.  This goes a bit above the canucks jersey.