Claude Julien is a genius

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Claude Julien is a genius

The Bruins are in extra innings of the shootout against the Sabres. After four rounds and a half rounds, nobody has scored. Not Seguin, Krejci, Peverly, or Bergeron. As we all expected Horton or Kelly to step over the bench, every Bruin fan's jaw dropped as Benoit Poulliot came out and took a quick skate. To that point in the season, Poulliot had 2 goals, no assists, and was a plus 2. He had been a healthy scratch 5 times already. A proud Julien later explained: "I wanted to restore his confidence by putting him in a situation where he could not lose the game, but he COULD win it.". And win it he did. And not only that, but ever since then Benoit has been playing like a man on fire. Tonight he was easily one of the best on the best team in hockey. If winning the Stanley Cup didn't convince you all, the little things like this definitely should.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Claude Julien is a genius

Good point. CJ is pushing all the right buttons right now. You also have to Credit PC for recognizing it could be a good fit regardless of their investment in Caron, and CJ for giving B.P. time to adjust to the new system.

hopefully he stays consistent, which is always the thing they wanted out of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Couldnt agree more at this point even tho i am a diehard to see caron play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Year ago we had no faith in CJ but he has proven us wrong, me included. Good job CJ the team is responding to your discipline and structure.The simple things in hockey will win gms fore check, checking, faceoffs ,solid goaltending and puck battles. I will also say using the back up goalie I am expecting to see rask in net tonight against Winnipeg.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i actually saw him laughing/smiling on the bench last night. quite uncharacteristic. but hey, who's not having fun right now? always liked cj, his style of hockey IS bruin style hockey. he has the bruins firing on all cylinders, and the rest of the league wants no part of this team. let's all appeciate what we're seeing, it is very special. btw i doubt he's a genius, he just found the right players to play his system- they all are drinking the proverbial kool-aid.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i was killing Clod last year at this time but he has the team playing his system and it obviously works well with the talent the Bruins have assembled. the power play is still terrible though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Claude Julien is a genius:
    [QUOTE]i actually saw him laughing/smiling on the bench last night. quite uncharacteristic. but hey, who's not having fun right now? always liked cj, his style of hockey IS bruin style hockey. he has the bruins firing on all cylinders, and the rest of the league wants no part of this team. let's all appeciate what we're seeing, it is very special. btw i doubt he's a genius, he just found the right players to play his system- they all are drinking the proverbial kool-aid.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I agree completey.  And to think that he was likely going to get canned if they lost to the Habs in the first round.  That save in OT on Gionta in Game 5 looks bigger and bigger by the day for Claude.  I'm sure CJ has Thomas on his X-mas card list because of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]i actually saw him laughing/smiling on the bench last night. quite uncharacteristic. but hey, who's not having fun right now? always liked cj, his style of hockey IS bruin style hockey. he has the bruins firing on all cylinders, and the rest of the league wants no part of this team. let's all appeciate what we're seeing, it is very special. btw i doubt he's a genius, he just found the right players to play his system- they all are drinking the proverbial kool-aid.  
    I think winning the Stanley Cup allows you to smile a bit as last year i think he knew the noose was getting tighter if the B's saw an early exit. I also like Claude's use of his timeouts. He seems to use them at any time during a game as he see's fit, where as in years past it seemed like he would only use them in the last 2 minutes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it also is easy to get the team to play your system, when it has already been proven to work. do this(play his system)... and you get this(stanley cup). oh yeah, and having the worlds best netminder as your last line of defense doesn't hurt either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Let's be clear here, the Bruins won the Cup last year BECAUSE of Claude Julien, not despite of him. The Bruins are the best team in hockey after 25 games. Once again, this is BECAUSE of Claude, not despite of him. This team has embraced and perfected his "defensive-style' while maintaining his "lunch-pail" attitude. And considering the fact that the B's got off too such a horrendous start, and things didn't turn around until Julien changed lines, (Bergy, March, Seigy) or asked for better effort from certain player(s) (Hello DaviD Krejci), it's about time all of Boston appreciates what a great coach we have here. THANK YOU CLAUDE!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

In Response to Claude Julien is a genius:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins are in extra innings of the shootout against the Sabres. After four rounds and a half rounds, nobody has scored. Not Seguin, Krejci, Peverly, or Bergeron. As we all expected Horton or Kelly to step over the bench, every Bruin fan's jaw dropped as Benoit Poulliot came out and took a quick skate. To that point in the season, Poulliot had 2 goals, no assists, and was a plus 2. He had been a healthy scratch 5 times already. A proud Julien later explained: "I wanted to restore his confidence by putting him in a situation where he could not lose the game, but he COULD win it.". And win it he did. And not only that, but ever since then Benoit has been playing like a man on fire. Tonight he was easily one of the best on the best team in hockey. If winning the Stanley Cup didn't convince you all, the little things like this definitely should.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Great points about Julien and how his coaching has been so effective in helping so many of his players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What a difference a year can make ! Let's travel back in time to Dec. 6 2010 in nitemare's Delorean to boston.com. Dave Carr would be chased around the forum by an angry mob who would want him and CJ lynched together for posting this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

well said.