Claude Julien mishandles the team, will lose job 100% sure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Claude Julien mishandles the team, will lose job 100% sure

I think Claude has slipped.  And slipped bad. 

Note this exchange between Claude & his team yesterday (10/11/2012)

Claude: Play any games yet?

team responds: yah

Claude asks: How you doing?

team response: good.

Claude quickly restates the question: wins?

team response: yah (most) no (one player says).

First, NAS will say this is off ice reality TV show stuff similar to HBO 24x7, but I think it's significant.  And I know a few of you will say that I'm reading too much into this, but I interpret that exchange thus:

1) Obviously Claude isn't aware of his team's wins and losses.  Totally unacceptable.

2) How much focus does this team have when they respond to the question 'how are you doing' with "good", if they had their heads together they would have been aware that Claude was asking about their record and not how they are feeling as individuals.  I think it's Claude's job to keep them all focused and clearly they're not.  I know many of you will say it's the player's job to keep motivated and focused, but I don't think so.

It's all here in this video. Check it out starting at 1:05

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643288&navid=DL|BOS|home

I am 100% sure that Claude's career coaching the Andover girls U12 team will be a short one and  I am certain he will be looking for work elsewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Claude Julien mishandles the team, will lose job 100% sure

Think Rick Bowness can be pried away from the Canucks ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So much for Claude, he has been replaced by Martha Fenton.

Bowness will have to compete with her for a job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Do they have a young phenom that he's refusing to play?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Several if not all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I'd be willing to give up one man crush for another. Max Sauve straight up for the only coach in Bruins history to lead Boston to two ECF in his 1st two seasons. Something that Butter Bean couldn't do...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be willing to give up one man crush for another. Max Sauve straight up for the only coach in Bruins history to lead Boston to two ECF in his 1st two seasons. Something that Butter Bean couldn't do...

[/QUOTE]

As years go by which do you think Bruin's fans will remember more, Bowness's ECF losses or Butterbean holding the cup at center ice ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment: [/QUOTE]  As years go by which do you think Bruin's fans will remember more, Bowness's ECF losses or Butterbean holding the cup at center ice ? [/QUOTE]

Sure if you ask bandwagon fans that jumped back on board recently, the ones that will claim they were here all along. Absolutely you are right all the way.

But the fans that stayed and were around in the early 90s would see all the tries it took Claude to get to that point of raising the cup. If Sinden had the faith that Chiarelli had things could have been different.

I know which coach did more with less talent...Do you ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment: [/QUOTE]  As years go by which do you think Bruin's fans will remember more, Bowness's ECF losses or Butterbean holding the cup at center ice ? [/QUOTE]

Sure if you ask bandwagon fans that jumped back on board recently, the ones that will claim they were here all along. Absolutely you are right all the way.

But the fans that stayed and were around in the early 90s would see all the tries it took Claude to get to that point of raising the cup. If Sinden had the faith that Chiarelli had things could have been different.

I know which coach did more with less talent...Do you ?

[/QUOTE]

Is Julien the correct answer ? He did win a cup.

I don't consider being an Eastern Conference Final bridesmaid ....... doing more. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Two EC Finals in Two Years > Stanley Cup Championship under any circumstance? No chance.

As for doing more with less, I don't remember too many experts picking the B's to win the Cup at the beginning of the 2010-11 season, at the beginning of the playoffs, or at the beginning of the finals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[/QUOTE] Is Julien the correct answer ? He did win a cup. I don't consider being an Eastern Conference Final bridesmaid ....... doing more.  [/QUOTE]

I consider it very hard for a coach to get to the ECF finals with 3 fresh faced college kids and your best player, Cam Neely, not in the playoffs.

I also think it is very hard to go out in the 1st and 2nd round 3 years in a row, one of them a brutal 3-0 collapse, with the kind of talent Julien had. One overtime goal away from being fired.

Yah Claude raised the cup becuase he didn't have Sinden or Mibury as his GM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[/QUOTE] Is Julien the correct answer ? He did win a cup. I don't consider being an Eastern Conference Final bridesmaid ....... doing more.  [/QUOTE]

I consider it very hard for a coach to get to the ECF finals with 3 fresh faced college kids and your best player, Cam Neely, not in the playoffs.

I also think it is very hard to go out in the 1st and 2nd round 3 years in a row, one of them a brutal 3-0 collapse, with the kind of talent Julien had. One overtime goal away from being fired.

Yah Claude raised the cup becuase he didn't have Sinden or Mibury as his GM.

[/QUOTE]

Question 1 : Should PC have fired Julien long before they won the cup ? 

and

Question 2 : Why isn't Bowness presently not a Head Coach if so gifted working with average rosters ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Cup shmup.  Quit living in the past.

He lasted one day with the Andover girls u12.

It's all the hockey we can get now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[/QUOTE] Question 1 : Should PC have fired Julien long before they won the cup ? 

and Question 2 : Why isn't Bowness presently not a Head Coach if so gifted working with average rosters ? [/QUOTE]

No Julien should not have been fired but would have been gone if Cammalleri's shot hadn't gone off Chara's leg.

My answer to question 2 will depend on your next answer. Were the teams Bowness coached Winnipeg, Ottawa or NY Islanders average or horrible rosters ?

If you're answer is "yes" those teams were below average then I would've wanted Bowness back behind the Bruins bench if Julien had gotten tossed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[/QUOTE] Question 1 : Should PC have fired Julien long before they won the cup ? 

and Question 2 : Why isn't Bowness presently not a Head Coach if so gifted working with average rosters ? [/QUOTE]

No Julien should not have been fired but would have been gone if Cammalleri's shot hadn't gone off Chara's leg.

My answer to question 2 will depend on your next answer. Were the teams Bowness coached Winnipeg, Ottawa or NY Islanders average or horrible rosters ?

If you're answer is "yes" those teams were below average then I would've wanted Bowness back behind the Bruins bench if Julien had gotten tossed.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask for "if" scenarios.

"If" Don Cherry would not have had 6 guys on the ice against the Habs the Bruins would have beat the Habs and won the cup. Cherry would have gone on a run of cup winners and Scotty Bowman would be working on a 40 year career for HNIC. 

Sounds mythical doesn't it  ? That's why I hate "if" thoughts. It could have happened but it didn't. 

Julien won the cup in the same manner that coaches before him (Sutter and Quennville). He was given another chance with a different team like them. He inherited a poor team and built them into a contender. He deserved the chance to finish the job and he did. 

Bowness was given multiple chances with different teams to do the same. The outcome ? He failed. He is where he should be .............. as an assistant not Head Coach. 

P.S. dcbruins said it the best. 

2 ECF's does not equal or is greater then 1 Stanley Cup win no matter what the circumstances.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien won the cup in the same manner that coaches before him (Sutter and Quennville). He was given another chance with a different team like them. He inherited a poor team and built them into a contender. He deserved the chance to finish the job and he did. 

Bowness was given multiple chances with different teams to do the same. The outcome ? He failed. He is where he should be .............. as an assistant not Head Coach. 

2 ECF's does not equal or is greater then 1 Stanley Cup win no matter what the circumstances.

Bowness was given chances with very poor teams except for one. Julien would not have gotten as many chance in the 90s with the Bruins but did with a better GM. Julien also failed miserabbly with a very good team in New Jersey as he did in 09' and 10'.

Bowness did more with less in quicker time that is indisputable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Bowness was given chances with very poor teams except for one. Julien would not have gotten as many chance in the 90s with the Bruins but did with a better GM. Julien also failed miserabbly with a very good team in New Jersey as he did in 09' and 10'.

Bowness did more with less in quicker time that is indisputable.

[/QUOTE]

Failed miserably in NJ ? This is the most indisputable, inaccurate statement that you've made in this banter. 

You need to check his record at the time he was fired . Now if you're talking about Lou's decision I'd agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Now the Bruins are going to the  extent of raffling off Claude, this could be a first in the NHL.

http://www.nhlalumniraffles.org/Raffles.aspx?id=244&utm_source=Claude+Julien+Email&utm_campaign=NHL+Alumni+Emails&utm_medium=email

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Sandog.  I'm confused a little bit about this. Rick only coached the 91-92 season. Then got replaced by Sutter in the off season. I know Rick was the 1st Bruin coach to sweep the Canadiens & that was without Neely.

[/QUOTE]