CLAUDE MUST GO!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

CLAUDE MUST GO!!!

I have come to the conclusion that it is time for Claude to go!!! Claude is a good guy, and knows the defensive end of the ice real well, but not head coach championship material. His comments on Thursday night after losing to the habs smell that the team didn't have their legs is inexcusable absolutely not acceptable.  Then getting shutout last night is not good either.  This team keeps using excuses to cover up for the real problem. Injuries are a part of a physical game such as hockey. Great teams overcome them.  Tim Thomas lost his first game last night because his team didn't score.  That is pathetic.  WHY DOES THIS TEAM START SLOW?  COACHING PROBLEM!!! This team has inconsistencys holding it back from greatness, and that is the coach's fault.

Pro athletes shouldn't be out of gas in the third period like Thursday night because they played the night before this early in the season.  Two years ago the Bruins were in the same situation, and beat the habs smell!!! That was the game that Lucic kicked Komaserick tuchas!!! 

I say bring in Milbury.  This team needs a coach that has a hot head, and can keep the troops WIDE A WAKE!!!  The Black Hawks fired Denni Sarvard Two years ago in the early going, and had a great year.  Then last year won the Cup!!!  With all the talent the BRUINS have I'm not sure this team will take the next step with plain vanilla Julian behind the bench.  Of course there is a lot of money in Julian contracts on the line, along with P.C.'s reputation.  I don't see anything happening unless this team sinks rock bottom.  However, i would like to see Cam show some huchstpa, and bring in Mad Mike!!!  NESN, NBC and HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA CAN LIVE WITHOUT HIM!!! SAVE THE BRUINS!!! BRING IN MIKE!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: CLAUDE MUST GO!!!

Milbury? Seriously?

The Bruins are the only team in the league that are top five in both goals for and against per game, and they have an 8-5-1 record, with four of their top ten skaters on the IR, but after two losses in a row it's time to fire the coach?

And replace him with Milbury? Milbury????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

There is a repeat pattern here that came to light from last year.  and all do respect to the 8-5-1 record, the BRUINS should be even better!!!  Wining isn't everything, IT IS THE ONLY THING!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

But Milbury?

You realize he has a losing record as a coach, right? In 351 games behind the bench he was 146-160-45, with 337 points in 351 games. This is who CJ should be replaced for? MM's career point percentage is 480, CJ's is 598.

I don't see how Milbury makes this team any better, let alone helps them to get the cup. Remember, the last time Mike got his team into the playoffs, it was during his second season with the Bruins two decades ago, and with the lineup they had that year, they could have had a rhesus monkey as the coach and they have made the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE MUST GO!!!:
    [QUOTE]But Milbury? You realize he has a losing record as a coach, right? In 351 games behind the bench he was 146-160-45, with 337 points in 351 games. This is who CJ should be replaced for? MM's career point percentage is 480, CJ's is 598. I don't see how Milbury makes this team any better, let alone helps them to get the cup.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

MIKE MILBURY was an outstanding head coach with the BOSTON BRUINS!!! HE TOOK THE BRUINS TO THE STANLEY CUP FINALS WITH THE BEST RECORD IN HOCKEY, PRESIDENT'S TROPHEY!!! THAN TOOK THEM TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS. LOST TO LEMIUX AND PITT IN SIX GAMES!!! HIS LOSING NUMBERS ARE WITH THE PATHETIC ISLANDERS WHO ARE STILL LOSING!!! DO YOU REALIZE ALL THAT???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I also realize that my ten-year old nephew could coach a team to a winning record with Lemelin, Moog, Bourque, Neely, Janney, Sweeney (x2) and Wesley in the lineup.

He showed his real coaching value with the Islanders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Right on Blitzer. Then there's also the snooze factor. Claude Julien hockey equals boring hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am disappointed with Claude's lack of fire from behind the bench.  He doesn't seem to put any pressure on the officials when the B's are on the wrong side of the officiating.  I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I think sometimes players need to see their coach fighting for them in the same way the coach expects them to compete every night. 

CJ often looks confused by penalty calls, on ice playing strength, and does not use his time-outs effectively.  He doesn't seem to have a feel for the game as the head coach, he doesn't ride the hot hand or hot line, he just rolls four lines and that is it.  That being said, he has some pretty good results coaching this group

Not sure I would advocate for Milbury, I would not oppose a coaching change.  The big question is, what coach is available and would do a better job with this group than CJ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]I also realize that my ten-year old nephew could coach a team to a winning record with Lemelin, Moog, Bourque, Neely, Janney, Sweeney (x2) and Wesley in the lineup. He showed his real coaching value with the Islanders.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    what do you think the BRUINS have now? lots of talent!!! two great goalies!!! same story different era!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Dead on here.  B's take off periods, come out flat, finish games when they have the lead flat, blow 3-0 leads!!  By the way, they also commit BENCH minors in the process of blowing those 3-0 leads, benchhhh.

Anyways, Claude's system is boring and predictable, plus his team plays very flat far too often. 

I don't care if it's Milbury, Jack Edwards, or whoever, just don't let it be Claude anymore!!!  Wake up Bruins, what coach even survives a playoff collapse like last year, nevermind a coach who has a team who also won't play for him in the regular season either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Claude is on the hot seat, but let's see how he does when he has a healthy team.  So far this year, the Bruins have been great when healthy and damn lousy since Krejci went down.

I'm with red75 also -- Milbury would be a disaster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Nooooooooo  2 games lost ...and the Idiots are back ...

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLAUDE MUST GO!!! : what do you think the BRUINS have now? lots of talent!!! two great goalies!!! same story different era!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that I think Claude should stay long term (though I do think it's too soon to pull the cord yet). And it should be noted that right now, the Bruins are missing a lot of their talent (4 of their top ten). If he can't pull it around a bit when those guys return? Then I could see it.

I'm just saying Milbury would be no better, and would likely be a lot worse. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that if Milbury WASN"T the coach in the 89-90 and 90-91 seasons, and we had someone more proven at the time than yet another ex-Bruins player getting a shot at the job without proving themselves elsewhere first, then we'd be talking about how it's been 19 years, and not 38 years, since we last won a cup.

There's actually not a lot of proven NHL coaching talent sitting in the wings right now waiting for another gig, at least not many that I think would be a significant upgrade from CJ. Maybe if they could coax Bowman out of retirement... ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Has nothing to do with 2 games lost, or the fact that we have a ton of injuries.  We have seen Claude for 3 seasons, without injuries, and the team does the same thing, taking off periods and games all together, not showing up to play, etc.  I definately think this team has what it takes to do alot of damage, I just think if they get rid of the road block coaching staff, that has a huge track record of not getting it done when it counts and being canned after a year or two at every stop he makes, time for that change.  He did an excellent job years 1 and 2, but now he is tuned out, and I guarantee they do not like playing in his mucker system.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Claude should have scored to goals against Ottawa. Its not the coach, its not the system, its the players effort and lack of desperation. the Bruins are not gonna play like they played in the 3rd against the Pens every period every game. There is another team on the ice besides the bruins and sometimes you just get outworked with a few bad bounces that end up factoring in. Usually the team that works the hardest on both sides of the ice wins. Im no Claude lover, but when they lose its not just his fault.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

I am not a Julien fan as well, I hope they bring in a younger version w/ some fire under him w/ a more uptempo style; Laviolette would have been nice, local guy too!  Whoever talked about no emotion behind the bench, totally agree, I've yelled at the TV that "this is when you get tossed Humpty Dumpty," get pissed, have some emotion/passion, it'll filter to the players in front of you!!!

Players do not respond to trap hockey, it was sucessful in the 90's due to offensive zone picks, interference all over the ice, clutch & grab was allowed, the two line pass wasnt allowed, etc-etc-etc...it will never win a Cup with the new rules!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

As in most cases, with CJ, the truth is somewhere in the middle:

I agree he lacks a certain fire and I think that rubs off badly on the players. How he kept them from the blood lust needed to finish off the Flyers w/that 3-0 lead in game 7 last year is beyond me. That loss was as much on him, IMO, as it was on Tukka, who had a terrible game, and of course the players themselves who didn't recognize the urgency of the situation. But it's true in general that Claude lacks a certain energy behind the bench that translates often in lackadaisical play from his charges. (His view--as he's stated it--is that these guys are pros and he shouldn't need to go all Knute Rockne on them to get them motivated....that's true on paper but when it doesn't translate in games he needs to light a fire....that's part of his job.)

It's also true that his defensive schematics are EXCELLENT, and it's an often overlooked part of the bruins success--on the PK and on D in general--and it's a reason the B's are consistently at the top of the league in preventing goals since his tenure began. It's not noticed as much b/c it's a prevention success--not a goal-producing one, which ibviously is more exciting and noticeable.

what remains to be seen is whether the B's, when totally healthy and w/the addition of Horton--can prove they can score goals under CJ's system, or if that system is somehow holding them back. I don't think it is--I think the primary reason for lack of offense has been a weakly constructed offensive team combined w/injuries to key players (we're seeing that now w/Krejci out).

I doubt CJ is the whole problem, but I also think a guy like Millbury isn't the worst idea in the world as a replacement if it comes to that...if only for the emotional jolt it would give to some guys that clearly need it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

i have wanted julien gine for a while, ihe hasn.t proven to win big games and he does seem to be outcoached more then doing the outcoaching himself. Jacques Martin did a good job last yr in playoffs with mtl. im kno Halak was great and all but they also played without their key dman Markov. Claude is not that coach that brings that extra element to the game. Anyhow if the team continues to falter and i don,t believe they will , claude's faith will be determined by how far team goes in playoffs but if fans could vote to fire a coach i would definitely want him out. My favorite coaching duo was O'reilly and Cuniff. They just brought an added presence to the game.
    AS far as milbury he did well while in boston and got beat against much more deeper and talented teams as the pens and oilers.I can't say whether or not he's the one i want . Mgmt would have to research that who is available at college, ahl, and junior ranks. If it came down to Julien or Milbury i take Mike!

Guy Boucher in tampa may turn out to be a good one , he came with good credentials. maybe that;s a way to go not necessarily with the more known guys. A coach i also always asmired is Carlysle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

CJ coaches like we're in the 90's.

It's the 2010-2011 season with new rules. He's incapable of changing his old style hockey and adapting to the new league. 

Players these days are ready at a younger age. He doesn't adapt,very little imagination.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Keep doing things the same way and expecting different results-that's just plain stupid. This is what this guy does - he was fired before he got here for the same exact reasons. Too defensive, unable to adapt, stubborn, offense killer, lack of emotion, conservative, players unprepared and unmotivated...etc.

Injuries are a concern - BUT there hasn't been any focus on the forecheck, and taking the body in the offensive zone is all but gone completely -that has nothing to do with who's here and who's not. AND it's not just this year for all of those who think these posts are about panic. Philly and Carolina did the same thing in the playoffs that the Blues, Habs, and Sens just did. In all those examples one team was the aggressor the other was cautious. One played with desperation the other was passive. One team attacked, the other was worried about the neutral zone. If anyone hasn't noticed our top players have been getting drilled pretty good without response, what's that? a coincidence, or an unemotional team being led by someone who preaches control and caution to a fault ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Another stupid and senseless post!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]There is a repeat pattern here that came to light from last year.  and all do respect to the 8-5-1 record, the BRUINS should be even better!!!  Wining isn't everything, IT IS THE ONLY THING!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]
    Yes,it seems whining is the only thing for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Keep doing things the same way and expecting different results-that's just plain stupid. This is what this guy does - he was fired before he got here for the same exact reasons. Too defensive, unable to adapt, stubborn, offense killer, lack of emotion, conservative, players unprepared and unmotivated...etc. Injuries are a concern - BUT there hasn't been any focus on the forecheck, and taking the body in the offensive zone is all but gone completely -that has nothing to do with who's here and who's not. AND it's not just this year for all of those who think these posts are about panic. Philly and Carolina did the same thing in the playoffs that the Blues, Habs, and Sens just did. In all those examples one team was the aggressor the other was cautious. One played with desperation the other was passive. One team attacked, the other was worried about the neutral zone. If anyone hasn't noticed our top players have been getting drilled pretty good without response, what's that? a coincidence, or an unemotional team being led by someone who preaches control and caution to a fault ?
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    This is the same coach who 2 years ago led Boston to best defence and 2nd best offence. I'm beginning to think you really are Wensink and the countless blows to the head have caught up to you.Montreal and Ottawa were aggressive?I watched those games and saw no aggression from any of the teams involved.Maybe Chara ,Lucic and Thornton should just randomly skate around punching people until they get suspended.Would that be emotional enough?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]Claude should have scored to goals against Ottawa. Its not the coach, its not the system, its the players effort and lack of desperation. the Bruins are not gonna play like they played in the 3rd against the Pens every period every game. There is another team on the ice besides the bruins and sometimes you just get outworked with a few bad bounces that end up factoring in. Usually the team that works the hardest on both sides of the ice wins. Im no Claude lover, but when they lose its not just his fault.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    No way!!! when a team slacks off, and can't play with some steady consitency the coach has to be held accountable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Put the team that Chiarelli assembled on the ice and then judge Claude.  Insert Krejci, Savard, Boychuk, and Sturm (in that order) into the lineup and then judge Claude if the Bs continue to play .500 hockey.  This isn't fantasy crap.