Claude's comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Claude's comments

At this point Claude is what he is, he isn't getting fired (unfortunately), but here is yet another Claude and Chia type comment showing that these guys don't get it.  He asked the media last night is anyone saw Paille's shot block at the end of the game, and how those are the most important things a hockey player can do.  Claud and Chia fall in love with muckers and grinders, but fail to put an emphasis on the other end of the rink, offense. 

So as bad as a team like Washington has been with only focusing on the offensive zone, we are equally egregious by focusing all on the defensive zone.  A happy medium is necessary, and this roster is heavily skewed to mucking forwards and stay at home dmen.

You can say we are 6th in goals for all you want, the reality is we don't have the offensive talent of the elite teams, and our offense is not built for the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Re: Claude's comments

We scored the sixth most goals in the league. We scored 14 fewer goals than the team that scored the most. So what is it you don't like? When we score them? The way we scored them?
    Does it trouble you that the playoffs become a much more physical and tight checking game? One in which the Bruins seem to be at their best and built for?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Where do you see the Bruins as being at their best in tight checking games?  Would that be against the Rangers, Detroit, Montreal, Buffalo, Pit, Philly?  How about Toronto even.  You're right, we have been excellent offensively against those teams. 

Use your eyes, stats are for losers.  The Bruins have had many games where they pile on 5-8 goals in blow outs, so great, they rank highly in goals for.

What I don't like is how they play, a style built for a team with no talent, to help muckers and grinders raise their game to a playoff level.  Blake Wheeler had 10 goals in Claude's grinding style in 58 games, he plays 20 in Atlanta and has 8.  Peverly has 14 in Atlanta, gets here, and has 2 in 21 here. 

By the way, where have you "fans" been for the past handfull of years for playoff hockey?  Yes, play gets harder and more physical, but in todays NHL it also becomes more wide open and back and forth.  The early 2000's and 90's had those grind you to a hault teams, not now.  If you watched one game in the Chi-SJ series you saw more odd man rushes than the bruins have had all season, same with philly mtl, go back to Det vs Pitt Cups the two years before that.  WIDE OPEN hockey, is that our style?  I'd say we are opposite that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I basically disagree with everything you've said. How can playoff hockey be both more physical and more wide open? And yes, they are at their best when its a tight physical game versus poor against more wide-open teams (ie. Montreal, Detroit, etc). Their record against both bear this out. And if you don't like how they play and have had success (albeit not a Cup, but there are other barometers.. win/loss is a stat too) then perhaps you should become a Detroit fan as they score in your preferred manner. In response to your Blake Wheeler-Rich Peverley statement. Both went from third line to first and vice versa.
    Enjoy the Wings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Teams finish their checks more, hence more physical.  Just because there's more hitting doesn't mean it congests the area on the ice.  Have you ever played?  Probably not by that response. 

Yes, how is out record against Montreal, Buffallo, NYR, and Pitt?  You say we've done well?  We've lost often to all of them.  What gives you the evidence of our sucess in tight physical games, would that be the past 3 seasons success?

We can agree to disagree, you're obviously ok with regular season wins, your measure of success.  My measure is 3 game 7 losses in the first two rounds 3 years in a row, maddening inconsitency, and a out of date style of play. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

It has nothing to do with the wings either, but maybe you should take note of the last 3 cup winners style of play in todays NHL: Chi, Det, Pitt.  How many of them employ the d to d to d to d to d break out pass followed by a dump in, cycle, pass back to the point for a wrist shot with nobody infront of the net?  You're right though, that style is condusive to playoff succes in todays game.  When was the last time you watched a non bruins playoff game, 2003 when the Devils ran the show with their lockdown mucking? 

Newsflash, your final 4 teams who made it through the "tight checking tough hockey", Sharks, Chi, Montreal, Philly, all offensive teams loaded with talent.  Pay attention, and don't just base an argument on the color of your teams laundry, makes you look like a canadiens fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Claude's comments:
    [QUOTE]Where do you see the Bruins as being at their best in tight checking games?  Would that be against the Rangers, Detroit, Montreal, Buffalo, Pit, Philly?  How about Toronto even.  You're right, we have been excellent offensively against those teams.  Use your eyes, stats are for losers.  The Bruins have had many games where they pile on 5-8 goals in blow outs, so great, they rank highly in goals for. What I don't like is how they play, a style built for a team with no talent, to help muckers and grinders raise their game to a playoff level.  Blake Wheeler had 10 goals in Claude's grinding style in 58 games, he plays 20 in Atlanta and has 8.  Peverly has 14 in Atlanta, gets here, and has 2 in 21 here.  By the way, where have you "fans" been for the past handfull of years for playoff hockey?  Yes, play gets harder and more physical, but in todays NHL it also becomes more wide open and back and forth.  The early 2000's and 90's had those grind you to a hault teams, not now.  If you watched one game in the Chi-SJ series you saw more odd man rushes than the bruins have had all season, same with philly mtl, go back to Det vs Pitt Cups the two years before that.  WIDE OPEN hockey, is that our style?  I'd say we are opposite that. 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    "Use your eyes.Stats are for losers"..........You've got a lot of nerve to say that and then start harping on the new and improved numbers of Blake Wheeler.BTW,where's a "fan" like you been the past few years?I wish you'd spent more time here imparting your immense wisdom upon all of us.Oh well,better late than never.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

L2Read bud. I said we DONT do well against wide open teams ala Montreal and Detroit. However, Im going to disagree with you again on almost all of your points. Your favorite team Detroit is hardly a tough/hard-checking physical team. They are wide open. Those two things are mutually exclusive. I've watched plenty of hockey my omnipotent friend.
    Wide-open teams, although winning the Cup most recently are NOT the only system that works. 07-08, Sharks and Flyers. 08-09, Flyers and Stars 09-10, Carolina Hurricanes, you consider these wide-open teams like the Pens, Montreals, Caps, Detroits of the world? Although talented in their own right, I definitely disagree. I'm sure in your world the only thing that is a measure of success is who won the Cup. Must suck to not enjoy a season only if your team wins a Cup. Only 1 of those to go around. And yes, my jersey is Black and Gold but I happen to enjoy their physical style of play. Would I like to see them open up a little more, sure, who doesnt like the action. But I love their physical style and enjoy each and every one of their wins. The Cup is not the only measure of success to me.

Go B's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

My only problem this year is the power play.  How these players just can't get it going to be at least average is beyond me.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]  Have you ever played?  Probably not by that response. 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

#1 response from someone who has nothing else to say.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

What pisses me off most about most everyone's comments on this forum is you keep saying we played or we scored we should have done this or we should have done that. YOU DO NOT PLAY YOU DO NOT SCORE YOU DO NOT DO ANYTHING ON THIS TEAM YOU ARE A FAN NOT A PLAYER. Enjoy the run they will have in the playoffs this year. Here's hoping it will be a successful run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]What pisses me off most about most everyone's comments on this forum is you keep saying we played or we scored we should have done this or we should have done that. YOU DO NOT PLAY YOU DO NOT SCORE YOU DO NOT DO ANYTHING ON THIS TEAM YOU ARE A FAN NOT A PLAYER. Enjoy the run they will have in the playoffs this year. Here's hoping it will be a successful run
    Posted by alwaysabruin[/QUOTE]

Bro, ST.FU.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

If you play any competitive hockey growing up, you may realize what coaches like to see the most - consistent effort, ability to read a play, play hard and know your role.  Paille's effort is just that, he knows his role, he plays hard and lately the effort is there whether its grinding and banging style or whatever, a goal is a goal and not every goal scored is going to be tic tac toe and in the net.  I'd rather see a guy like Paille block shots, kill penalties and score an ugly goal night in and night out rather than see someone back off from a check in the corner and avoid taking a hit to make a play.
    Just my 2 cents.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]If you play any competitive hockey growing up, you may realize what coaches like to see the most - consistent effort, ability to read a play, play hard and know your role.  Paille's effort is just that, he knows his role, he plays hard and lately the effort is there whether its grinding and banging style or whatever, a goal is a goal and not every goal scored is going to be tic tac toe and in the net.  I'd rather see a guy like Paille block shots, kill penalties and score an ugly goal night in and night out rather than see someone back off from a check in the corner and avoid taking a hit to make a play. Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

Growing up playing Hockey, I completely agree. 99% of goals scored in the playoffs are ugly goals. The playoffs become a close tight game in which every team has to earn and grind out their goals. Seeding makes no difference. They are all pros and they all step up come playoffs. Anyone can win. Its a new season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Totally agree - new season and teams will step it up, an ugly goal and or grinding style of hockey can turn momentum for a team and turn the tables on a series very quickly.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude's comments : Growing up playing Hockey, I completely agree. 99% of goals scored in the playoffs are ugly goals. The playoffs become a close tight game in which every team has to earn and grind out their goals. Seeding makes no difference. They are all pros and they all step up come playoffs. Anyone can win. Its a new season.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]What pisses me off most about most everyone's comments on this forum is you keep saying we played or we scored we should have done this or we should have done that. YOU DO NOT PLAY YOU DO NOT SCORE YOU DO NOT DO ANYTHING ON THIS TEAM YOU ARE A FAN NOT A PLAYER. Enjoy the run they will have in the playoffs this year. Here's hoping it will be a successful run
    Posted by alwaysabruin[/QUOTE]
    lol Lighten up Francis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

First there is a thread on how important Thornton is to the playoff run and now Paille? LOL!!!!

Jeesh. If the B's are relying on either of these two in the playoffs then they will not go far.

And Paille consistent? Really? I have seen every game this year (except for one and he did not play that game) and aside from the last couple of weeks the only thing he is consistent at is being invisible or horrible. Like it or not, he is a spare part.

He has played 14 playoff games and has just two assists to go with a glowing -2 +/-. Yep, he is going to score all those dirty goals that are soooo important in the playoffs....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

talk about beating a dead horse. the bruins are in contention for 2nd in the conference, and FANS are calling for his firing? the playoffs haven't even started, yet FANS, are already counting them out?  that's support.  i believe i have discovered a common thread amongst all clode haters. they at one time in their playing career were cut from a team, or benched by a coach. blame the coach. julien will not take one faceoff, nor take a single shot on goal. the players and THEIR effort will determine the outcome of the game.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ADK: Can we all agree that this playoff will define Julien's capabilities? He has the depth on the roster, the goaltending, and no significant injuries. No excuses this year. If this team can not make it past the second round can we finally say that it may be time to look elsewhere?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no, what if the first round series is the best series you've ever seen(regardless of who they play). great games, back and forth, a 1-0, a 5-4, goes seven games, and (hate to even utter it) the b's lose on a controversial goal in OT? does this mean the coach should go? making blanket statements like " if the bruins don't get the___ round" is simply oversimplifying the issue.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually oversimplifying is falling back to the "what if" scenario in a debate. What if this happens and what if that? What if it rains frogs on the ice and it costs the B"s a series?

At what point do you hold anyone accountable for the results on the ice?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

all anyone is talking about are "what if's", they are just not saying what. EX. IF the bruins do not make it out of the ___ round.????? i just provided a scenario in which i would like to hear how their/your ultimatum would apply. so, you still haven't addressed the scenario- still fire clode?     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Your scenario: "what is the first round was the best you have ever seen and all the games are close and the B's lose on a controversial goal." That is one big "what if" scenario.

I don't speak for everyone else but myself. Either the B's make it to the conference finals (at least) or they should let someone else give it a try at the helm. No excuses (barring a divine intervention by the almighty).

Sure there can be unfavourable circumstances in any given situation but good teams (and good coaches for that matter) overcome...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

clode's system was good snough to sweep the habs, come back from a 3-1 deficit vs. car, beat the sabres, get 3-0 series lead on the flyers.... then it it magically stopped working? the system doesn't change, the players' effort does. the goalies "luck" does. the fact is, they have a team CAPABLE of winning the cup. let's see if it happens before we start dishing out ultimatums- for all you doubters, i truly believe you mean to say..."when the bruins lose", instead of "if the bruins lose". great fans, what would the bruins do without your support? what will be your stance on coaching if the bruins win it all? they NOW have great coaches? OR, the bruins won despite their coaches TRYING to make them lose? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The success rate of the examples you outlined is only 50%. Not enough for a championship run obviously.

Yes the effort of the players is one variable but one part of the coaching job is to get everything possible out of the available roster. It is his responsibility and I think every GM and owner in will agree with me.

Capability rarely matches with results in reality without strategy and that is also a coaching responsibility. Part of strategy is matching and adapting which is something you conveniently left out of your argument.

And, just for the record, I do not have feelings for Julien either way on the "fire him/he is a great coach" debate. As I have stated ad nauseum here this is Julien's year to prove himself in the playoffs and I think he knows it. No excuses just results....