Cleary, Raymond, Jagr?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Cleary, Raymond, Jagr?

If the price is right & if PC still has a little wiggle room would you take any of these for the 3rd line?

I think Raymond is a younger version of Peverly he scored 25g 3 seasons ago & has tremendous speed. Him, Paille & Kelly could be a great speed line. At times in the SCF Pev's, Kelly & Seguin gave the Hawks fits due to it. 

Cleary- is a warrior & plays every shift like it's his last. Declining on the scoring, but his leadership skills would replace some of Ference's that he brought.

Jagr- To bring him back wouldn't hurt as long as he was willing to accept a 3rd line role with some time on the PP. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Cleary, Raymond, Jagr?

Id rather have Cleary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Raymond would be my choice, but i think it's all but a certainty that soda will be the third line left winger. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

If the price is right & if PC still has a little wiggle room would you take any of these for the 3rd line?

I think Raymond is a younger version of Peverly he scored 25g 3 seasons ago & has tremendous speed. Him, Paille & Kelly could be a great speed line. At times in the SCF Pev's, Kelly & Seguin gave the Hawks fits due to it. 

Cleary- is a warrior & plays every shift like it's his last. Declining on the scoring, but his leadership skills would replace some of Ference's that he brought.

Jagr- To bring him back wouldn't hurt as long as he was willing to accept a 3rd line role with some time on the PP. 

Is that the same Jagr who added less offense than Kaberle?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Raymond would be my choice, but i think it's all but a certainty that soda will be the third line left winger. 

I don't disagree, but I think it's important for Soda to have some stiff competition & not just think the job is his going into training camp. The fact that there hasn't really been anything said about Soda from anyone on the B's is rather concerning. I know no news is sometimes good news, but what was/is attitude like, what has been the B's assessment in of his games in the play-offs? Are they just holding their tongue to give him more of an opportunity to prove himself? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Is that the same Jagr who added less offense than Kaberle?  

[/QUOTE]

A simple No to JJ works smart ash! Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dez has written this a few times.  I think he's going to take a run at Shupe's "Most Annoying Dislike of a Re-sign Idea" title.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think the Yeti has competition from the youngsters. I also think Soderberg should slot in at C and let Kelly play some wing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dez has written this a few times.  I think he's going to take a run at Shupe's "Most Annoying Dislike of a Re-sign Idea" title.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that mentioning something twice is even remotely close to Shupe's hate affair with Rask's RFA status but it's nice that you're paying attention I guess. Anyone care to make a run at explaining how Jagr was less of a failure than Kaberle? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Because I said so, that's why Dez.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I'll tell you the same thing I used to tell my Dad when he said that to me when I was growing up - that sounds fair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think the Yeti has competition from the youngsters. I also think Soderberg should slot in at C and let Kelly play some wing.

^This^ with Caron or Spooner or Fraser or Reilly Smith riding the wing to start will be fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We have 11 forwards set for next season and about 10 younsters fighting for spots 12 and 13 - Smith, Fraser, Knight, Spooner, Camara, Caron, Koko, Camper, Cunningham. No sense in signing anyone else. Throw those guys to the wolves during camp and let the last two guys standing take 12 and 13.

Should make for a great camp with guys pushing each other to be better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

We have 11 forwards set for next season and about 10 younsters fighting for spots 12 and 13 - Smith, Fraser, Knight, Spooner, Camara, Caron, Koko, Camper, Cunningham. No sense in signing anyone else. Throw those guys to the wolves during camp and let the last two guys standing take 12 and 13.

Should make for a great camp with guys pushing each other to be better.

I couldn't agree more Red.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll tell you the same thing I used to tell my Dad when he said that to me when I was growing up - that sounds fair.

[/QUOTE]

Smart man. I usually countered with "why?" Never really learned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This may be looking ahead too much:

2014 UFA list

Obviously, not all of those players will be available.  If signing one of the three options puts the Bruins over the cap, when using a rookie would not, the Bruins would be unable to trade for any of those players making more than about $4M without also shedding salary.  This is a consequence of signing another player that should be kept in mind.

This will also be moot if Rask's deal alone puts them over.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I'm not sure that mentioning something twice is even remotely close to Shupe's hate affair with Rask's RFA status but it's nice that you're paying attention I guess. Anyone care to make a run at explaining how Jagr was less of a failure than Kaberle? 

I would cite the eyeball test.  Jagr seemed to improve the play of Marchand when he moved up.  He seemed to improve the PP from day 1, eventhough I thought it was competent for most of the year.  I only remember negatives with Kaberle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

At least Kabs used the right size stick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I did the same, along with such smart responses as "that's not an answer" and "unless you tell me why, I'm not listening".

*CRACK

"Okay."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

I did the same, along with such smart responses as "that's not an answer" and "unless you tell me why, I'm not listening".

*CRACK

"Okay."

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the "Crack" part was usually the game changer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

*CRACK

"Okay."

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the "Crack" part was usually the game changer

[/QUOTE]

One of the worse beatings I ever got. My dad said, "Because I said so!" I responded with. "You're not supposed to start a sentence with because you dummy!" He said. "Belt...Do your duty!" as he was taking it off. I said.."Dad it's doing it's duty it's holding your belly up!"  I don't remember much after that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Lmao, you guys are hilarious. I get hit with a fly swatter once.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great story, Nite!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Great stuff Nite.

As for the thread title, I think PC is done, but if I had my choice I would go with Raymond. Cleary to me is a guy that should just stay right where he is, he's perfect for that team. He leaves, he wont be as good.

Reminds of me Maltby,Lapointe,Draper..Players who thrrived in their roles in Detroit and added years to their careers. Lapointe I think was the only one who left.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It was amazing how many things happened in the world just because my Dad, "focking said so".

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee