Clown vs. Clown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Clown vs. Clown

Thornton vs. Konopka

Boy, that was great.  It was nice how they talked about it first.  It was also nice how they talked about it afterward.

Boy, that was nice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Clown vs. Clown

If Thornton and Konopka didn't fight, there is no way Seguin makes that beautiful pass to Bergeron and there is no way Bergeron buries that one.

If the B's win tonight, it's 100% because the B's Rodeo Clown on Ice did the Two-Step with the Ottawa version of the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But, but it inspired the team, can't you see that ?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

had to make up for the horrid giveaway and long shift from earlier

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and your clown is on the 5 on 3 wiht 12sec to go.
    4th line played a little better tonight,  they were not a minus.
    When Julien rolls 4 lines the Bruins 4th line must be better and they haven't been good thus far . Tonight they played well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

why are my posts on a time delay ?  it's 951pm , Bruins win 5-3 and my shows I posed at 852pm ? maybe I can tell the future ?  Really weird. Has this happened to anyone else ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Clown vs. Clown:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clown vs. Clown : I'm hacking the site to keep your garbage off here. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

boohoo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]why are my posts on a time delay ?  it's 951pm , Bruins win 5-3 and my shows I posed at 852pm ? maybe I can tell the future ?  Really weird. Has this happened to anyone else ?  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I'm hacking the site to keep your garbage off here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

And the funny thing is you have no evidence to argue against him having an effect for the team. The players all say that when he fights he gets them pumped. You still lose. Ohhhh waaaaaaah if the players need him to pump them up they should quit. Blow everyone NAS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Clown vs. Clown:
    [QUOTE]Thornton vs. Konopka Boy, that was great.  It was nice how they talked about it first.  It was also nice how they talked about it afterward. Boy, that was nice.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    They won. On to your next ignorant "point."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

loved his "clown-like" pass to spring paille for the game-clincher, how does he do it with those big shoes on?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

How about trading Thornton for Neil?  This Bruins team will survive, but if they begin to focus Kelly's line on being shut-down they will open up more chances for Bergie and kreji lines. Did anyone else notice that Caron was screening the goalie on two of the bruins goals ?? Evolving the 4th line into a productive line means replacing enthusiasm [ Thornton] with skill. It neds to be done. Also, the video session worked as Boychuck played a solid game without any giveaways to note. Corvo is not what they need, so Kamfer should get more of an opportunity

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I like Thornton and I think he has a role on this team.  However, I am starting to lean towards NAS on this issue.  I would rather see Thornton go out on that shift and start hammering people (legally), making them have to answer to him, rather then just asking to go off the draw.  For example, Soupy and Smith fought off the draw at the end of the game, but the reason for the scrap was due to Smith's antics all night and for his crowding of the crease on the play preceeding the draw.  That was an emotional fight not just a fight for the sake of a fight. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I don't know if I'd consider Konopka a clown, he's pretty good on the PK and from what I remeber excellent in the faceoff dot - seems like a pretty good fourth liner to me.

I know you've praised Campbell and Paille before for there value to the team, I think Konopka brings that same value - with the ability to fight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Before the Thornton fight the crowd was lifeless. After the fight, the crowd was into the game a lot more than it was before.

I know you hate the skating clowns but the clown did his job and got the crowd into it. If Thornton would stop taking long shifts, I'd be perfectly ok with him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Come on NAS you didn't see that great pass to spring the breakaway goal? I hope thorton gets his wish and finishes his career with us. Bottom line you need a Thorton type player to win a cup and as much as you hate Marchand you need a guy like that too. I enjoy the fights and its not an easy job and mr thorton deserves your respect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Hey remember the Habs game when this clown took a healthy clean run at Subban and knocked him down.  Thornton running Subban was more "stupid" than fans throwing litter on the ice.  Or at least we've been told. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

would rather see Thornton go out on that shift and start hammering people (legally), making them have to answer to him, rather then just asking to go off the draw.

Yeah but according to some genius fans, Thornton hitting other players (especially if they are stars) is as stupid as fans throwing litter on the ice.

After all these years, I thought this was simple strategy in a competitive NHL world.  I guess I was wrong.  Let's see if I got this understood correctly....only clowns fight or at least being good at it makes you a clown and fans littering the ice is a comparable strategy to actual players body checking each other.  Got it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You mean to tell me that Thornton fought another 4th line guy who is primarily a fighter-type, in a Bruins game??

Sound the alarm! 

What is definitely needed, is a new thread every time this happens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Lot of Snot went quiet after the pacificst legion didn't chime in.... Thorny on the PP may have had him out on the ledge.

Great game... televised here in southern Ontario. Hating that hayseed Smith, who I'd actually love to have, as he's becoming a Bs antagonist. Bs played with fire and ice. Nice game. Props to Thorny for helping them find their rhythm....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought it was a rare game where Thornton deserved some praise actually.  The fight with Konopka was indeed kind of a meaningless sideshow, as we have covered many times before and should expect by now.

His pass to Paille however, was fantastic (as adk mentioned).  Something I would expect to see from Krejci. 

Thornton with the beautiful pass and Paille with the nice touch finish??  Now that's something worth discussing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]You mean to tell me that Thornton fought another 4th line guy who is primarily a fighter-type, in a Bruins game?? Sound the alarm!  What is definitely needed, is a new thread every time this happens.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Disagree with your sarcasm ! Once again this has created some interesting conversation.

" nas is a fcuking a22 hole "

"Blow everyone NAS."

" On to your next ignorant "point."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What's interesting is NAS has clearly categorized the action as worthless. I agree. That doesn't make Thornton , with his dedication and enthusiasm, a replaceable part, but it does point out the meaning of the word "worth Less". Thornton's activities are worth less than a more skilled player like Hamill [ 5 goals], so let's focus on how to make Campbell and Paille worth more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Why do so many people equate "worth" solely with scoring goals?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]How about trading Thornton for Neil?  This Bruins team will survive, but if they begin to focus Kelly's line on being shut-down they will open up more chances for Bergie and kreji lines. Did anyone else notice that Caron was screening the goalie on two of the bruins goals ?? Evolving the 4th line into a productive line means replacing enthusiasm [ Thornton] with skill. It neds to be done. Also, the video session worked as Boychuck played a solid game without any giveaways to note. Corvo is not what they need, so Kamfer should get more of an opportunity
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Why would Otawa trade Chris Neil for Shawn Thornton?