Coach Claude can you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Coach Claude can you?

Can you get your team to play a full 60 min or more game with intensity start to finish for the first time in 3 months? I understand the players play but it appears this team is tunning you out or simply you have run out of ways to motivate them. You seem very frustrated in post game interviews or is it you just have no answers how to fix things? Or are you just to stuborn to shake up lines for more than 5 mins?

I will give you credit before you showed up this team was a laughing stock and every year you have been the bruins coach they have made the postseason. Even won a cup in 2011 ( even if it took Thomas having a historicaly great goaltending performance that spring). That being said you have also had a hard time getting past teams you should have beat in the playoffs remember carolina in 2009? You were also the bench boss for the biggest collapse in the teams history losing in 2010 losing to the flyers after being up 3-0 in the series and 3-0 on home ice in game 7.

2008 Lost in 7 games to montreal

2009 Lost in 7 games to an infereior Carolina team in the second round

2010 Lost in 7 games to the flyers after being up 3-0 another home loss in game 7

2011 won the cup!

2012 lost in 7 games to the lower seeded caps and made holtby look like ken dryden

2013? If its a  home loss to the leafs in game 7 after having a 3-1 series lead and the team looking unispired you should be shown the door. Sorry claude your system and coaching keeps them in series and games but at the end of the day one trip past the second round in your bruins tenure as coach isn't good enough. History will show you were the coach when the team won its first cup since 1972 but a montreal overtime goal in 2011 game 7 you would have been canned. Thanks for your time as bruins coach but its time to go in another direction.

You also weren't helped by your gm by tradining the only  true sniper you had but you didn't like that player because he didn't play enough defense. The power play has been awful for 3 seasons while teams around the league have had lessor talent have had much better power play success.

Win tonight you get another year lose ANOTHER game 7 on home ice and blow another comanding series lead sorry Claude you need to go. Also PC might be following you in the near future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Re: Coach Claude can you?

I will also add I hope if the team loses tonight you don't use the " the guys were just gripping their sticks to tonight" or use the being delayed in toronto last night. NO EXCUSES GET IT DONE OR BE GONE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Flat Iron Steak with Red Wine Sauce

Ingredients
    • 2 (1-pound) flat iron steaks or tri-tip steaks
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
    • 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
    • 1 onion, thinly sliced
    • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1/4 cup tomato paste
    • 2 1/2 cups dry red wine
    Directions

Prepare the grill or barbecue (medium-high heat). Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and drizzle with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board. Tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add the garlic and oregano and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in the wine. Simmer until the sauce reduces by half, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Strain the sauce into a small bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids in the strainer and return the sauce to the saucepan and bring back to a slow simmer. Cut the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter into small 1/2-inch chunks and whisk in the sauce a little at a time. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.

Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Divide the steak slices among 6 plates. Drizzle the sauce over the steak, drizzle a little more extra-virgin olive oil and serve.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wrong thread for that Mik.  This guy isn't a troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wrong thread for that Mik.  This guy isn't a troll.

Damn, thats a good recipe too. I cant tell troll from human anymore here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why would PC be on the hot seat, he's one of the best GMs in hockey?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

It's not even about playing a full 60.  No team is perfect.

Score more goals and I'll be happy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I will also add I hope if the team loses tonight you don't use the " the guys were just gripping their sticks to tonight" or use the being delayed in toronto last night. NO EXCUSES GET IT DONE OR BE GONE!

You left out poor puck management as an excuse

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

There seems to be some confusion here.  "Poor puck management" and "stick gripping" aren't excuses.  They are failures.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

In response to chipnchase's comment:

Win just win any darn way I will be happy ! Also I might try that recipe seems like a good dish!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to chipnchase's comment:

Win just win any darn way I will be happy ! Also I might try that recipe seems like a good dish!

Its great!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

You left out poor puck management as an excuse

You're mistaking a reason for an excuse. They aren't the same thing. Poor puck management is often the reason you'll lose hockey games.