Cole Runs Over Enroth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Cole Runs Over Enroth

A statement on the non-suspension? Clearly intended.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Cole Runs Over Enroth

BU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Cole uses the crease as his own personal speedway, and never gets called. Hopefully Shanny will dole out some punishment next time he hurts someone. Talk about intent, that's Cole's intent, to flatten goalies. Looch had no idea Miller Light was going to be that far out of his crease, so NO intent. Huge difference between Looch's hit and the hits Cole is known for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Cole Runs Over Enroth:
    [QUOTE]Cole uses the crease as his own personal speedway, and never gets called. Hopefully Shanny will dole out some punishment next time he hurts someone. Talk about intent, that's Cole's intent, to flatten goalies. Looch had no idea Miller Light was going to be that far out of his crease, so NO intent. Huge difference between Looch's hit and the hits Cole is known for.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Regardless of intent in this situation, it'll be fun to watch the MTL media scramble after they spent all day sunday/monday bemoaning the Lucic hit...

Meanwhile both Gionta and Cole's have been equal or worse this season. I love to watch them squirm and make idiotic excuses about how Lucic's was worse because he's a big mean bully.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Yes, but...
    The third replay clearly shows Enroth steps into his path attempting to pick or impede his progress.  Cole shouldn't have been in the crease, which will and should supersede Enroth's move.  Point being you want to be protected by the rules yet you use your body as a human shield.  Stay out of the play then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Agreed a big difference, Cole was in the crease.  Love the title of the article, just as predicted by Ruff.  Yahooism at it's best!  Dumas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Lucic was wrong for the hit on Miller, but Cole's is far worse because he skates thru the crease and hits the goalie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Goalies are bugging me.  Enroth dove.  He actually turned into Cole.  The goalie sacred ground is a joke.  The league made rules to protect these clowns and they use to to their benefit.  I wanna know the last time they called a goalie for diving.  I used TT example running Sedin in the finals last year.  If they cant be touched how come TT can throw a body check.  Double standard. 

Its laughable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Shouldn't be a suspension. When did goalies turn into such babies? If I'm enronth in that situation I'm throwing a hipcheck. Protect yourself, DO SOMETHING!!!! Don't dive.  Also, I've seen players do that all the time. Was their any response this time from Buffalo?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Goalies are bugging me.  Enroth dove.  He actually turned into Cole.  The goalie sacred ground is a joke.  The league made rules to protect these clowns and they use to to their benefit.  I wanna know the last time they called a goalie for diving.  I used TT example running Sedin in the finals last year.  If they cant be touched how come TT can throw a body check.  Double standard.  Its laughable.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

or what about when they go behind the net and lay the body when playing the puck ?
    There is no double standard. 
    I recall in the playoffs 3 years ago Cam Ward gets in front of Ryder , he falls backwards and Ryder got interference on the goalie.  Joke !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and we can all thank the wishy-washy wording of the rule as it stands. "not fair game"- is hardly concrete. and "make every attempt to avoid"- is just as subjective. this years off-season rule changes.... new goalie contact rules.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I liked Cole's face doing the "what did I do??" look.
    I called 911 immediately.
    This aggression will not stand...man!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

leave it to the habs to drag our beautiful game into the muck! what a bunch of goons. they should review one of the 30 goals (in 5 games) the bruins have scored recently to see just how beautifully this game can be played.    hahahahahahahahahahahaha... man i hate those whiny bi*ch*s. watch out montreal, you might lose your b*t*h of the year title to the sabres. they are tops in the league right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Lucic and Cole both intended to hit the goalie.  The difference is that Cole basically went in the crease to do it.  Lucic's hit, although bad, was far from the net after the goalie came out to play a puck and crossed his path.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Goalies are bugging me.  Enroth dove.  He actually turned into Cole.  The goalie sacred ground is a joke.  The league made rules to protect these clowns and they use to to their benefit.  I wanna know the last time they called a goalie for diving.  I used TT example running Sedin in the finals last year.  If they cant be touched how come TT can throw a body check.  Double standard.  Its laughable.
    Shupe, goalies should be allowed to check anyone who's got both feet in the blue paint. Agreed on the goalies being coddled though. Sounds like they should add another "fair game" line that a goalie knows has repercussions should he choose to cross it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Shouldn't be a suspension. When did goalies turn into such babies? If I'm enronth in that situation I'm throwing a hipcheck. Protect yourself, DO SOMETHING!!!! Don't dive.  Also, I've seen players do that all the time. Was their any response this time from Buffalo?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    The night Plante went on the ice with a mask.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually, Plante's "invention" was necessary as the blasts kept getting higher and higher. Remember Cheever's mask of scars? But, since when are goalies becoming such wimps. Cole doesn't try that on Tim Thomas, and Billy Smith was famous for "protecting" his crease. Miller's race for the puck was a risk he was willing to take, so let's not pay too much attention to his and Lindy's cry-baby comments. The lateness of the "concussion" statements lend a bit of "really" to the observation that it was caused by Lucic. Miller's play prior to the Bruins game could have been caused by an earlier situation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, Plante's "invention" was necessary as the blasts kept getting higher and higher. Remember Cheever's mask of scars? But, since when are goalies becoming such wimps. Cole doesn't try that on Tim Thomas, and Billy Smith was famous for "protecting" his crease. Miller's race for the puck was a risk he was willing to take, so let's not pay too much attention to his and Lindy's cry-baby comments. The lateness of the "concussion" statements lend a bit of "really" to the observation that it was caused by Lucic. Miller's play prior to the Bruins game could have been caused by an earlier situation.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Bogie, I figured you guys would know I was just kidding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ehnroth is in his crease. The puck is not. Why is Cole in the crease? I agree when you leave the crease legal or not the chances of contact increase dramatically, but again, why is Cole in the crease?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

alright... first things first, there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll. let's get that out of the way first. next... here's my take on the sabres/miller concussion scenario. 1) miller gets run by lucic 2) during the period break ruff and miller laid down the gauntlet to the team 3) absolutely zero response from the team on millers' behalf 4) during the 2nd period break ruff pulls miller to protect him, seeing as how no one on the team would stick up for him 5) the team doctor, under coaches orders, declares there to be a concussion 6) ruff bought himself a controversey-free goalie change, that he wanted to make (hot enroth-cold miller) for a week or two but couldn't without major fallout. what better way to deflect the we didn't respond(no heart) story than to present the our goalie has a concussion story. i think i'm on to something here....   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cole Runs Over Enroth : Ehnroth is in his crease. The puck is not. Why is Cole in the crease? I agree when you leave the crease legal or not the chances of contact increase dramatically, but again, why is Cole in the crease?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I think it was you that bodychecked me in a pickup game last month.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cole Runs Over Enroth : Ehnroth is in his crease. The puck is not. Why is Cole in the crease? I agree when you leave the crease legal or not the chances of contact increase dramatically, but again, why is Cole in the crease?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The crease is part of the ice surface.  If they wanna make the rule that the play if blown down if a player enters it fine.  Players are permitted into the crease and the reverse angle shows that Enroth turns his shoulder into Cole. 

I'm not fighting with you.  We just made up. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

This is a joke. Yes Cole should not have been skating thru the grease. At the same time if Enroth does not move in front of Cole to set up a pick. He wouldnt have embelished the hit. Cole should not be giving a suspension as I dont see it as Cole meant to hit him at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That was a clear penalty and was called. It was clearly intentional as well. I think what you saw there is a reaction to the Sabers' whining.  There is a significant portion of the NHL that has no use for that.  And there are players like Cole who will use it to mock them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cole Runs Over Enroth : The crease is part of the ice surface.  If they wanna make the rule that the play if blown down if a player enters it fine.  Players are permitted into the crease and the reverse angle shows that Enroth turns his shoulder into Cole.  I'm not fighting with you.  We just made up. 

Haha. The actual rule is that the goalie is allowed to move freely within his crease. I agree it was almost like he is setting a pick on Cole. Price does this all the time, he actually glides out to impede the on-coming player while his defender has the puck behind the net. To me, if you do this and contact is made, not only should there be no penalty on the player but it is actually intereference on the goalie. it is never called.In this instance, i will agree, we should be fair game.  in the crease it should be called, like last night, Cole deserved the penalty cause it happened in the crease, even though Ehnroth did what he did.

Whens our honeymoon end? that killed alot of time the other night!