Colin Campbell Denies Bias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Colin Campbell Denies Bias

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Colin-Campbell-denies-bias-will-speak-to?urn=nhl-287315  We knew an explanation was coming from Campbell sooner or later.  Here it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias

A liar studders my proof is in the video.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Getting Gregory Campbell so this dick head has no say over our suspensions may be PCs best move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The league keeps quiet about it for most of the week, then good ol' Colie goes on a media tour at the end of the week.  He has been giving interviews left and right since last night.  He also gave a telephone interview with NHL Live! this afternoon.  He sounded like he had been coached extensively by an attorney.  Nowhere in his interview did he express remorse for anything other than getting caught.  The only change in behavior that he thinks he needs to make is in the handling of his email. 

One of the things that pisses me off the most about this whole affair is how the mainstream media is handling it.  It is like they have all been issued talking points from the league in how to address it.  Praising Campbell up and down for his impartialality when they bother to address it at all.  Nobody wants to lose their place at the table.  I have to give him credit, KPD pressed the issue a bit.  He was on NHL Power Play on Tuesday, calling for Campbell to be dismissed and replaced with a three-person committee to eliminate the possibility of individual bias. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias:
    [QUOTE]Getting Gregory Campbell so this dick head has no say over our suspensions may be PCs best move.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    I agree, but at the same time, the emails raise the possibility that Campbell will still have a say in matters involving the Bruins, although they may go in the Bruins' favor now.  Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

If he was tampering with games by telling Walkom to not use certain refs against the Panthers, what is to stop him from trying to influence Murphy on suspensions?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I wonder often if the people who post here are really hockey fans or just Bruin fans.

Regardless, it's great to see the mainstream sports media keeping the heat on Campbell because the NHL's old boy club will just keep denying that a problem exists.

For the good of the game, Colin Campbell must go. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Colin Campbell Denies Bias:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Colin-Campbell-denies-bias-will-speak-to?urn=nhl-287315   We knew an explanation was coming from Campbell sooner or later.  Here it is.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else think if this was the NHL, NFL or NBA that the fans/media would be up in arms and making this a much bigger deal? Because its the NHL, well, it seems like the media in general are ready to let this slide away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Am I reading one of the posts here wrong or did one of these posters just say that acquiring Gregory Campbell was a good move so that the Bruins get treated differently than the 29 other teams in the League ?

Rmiller, you are close on this. Acquiring Greg Campbell was a good move so that the Bruins get treated the SAME as the 29 other teams in the League.

All speculation since obviously PC will never admit to this, but if it is true, its a good move. We have been taking it up the azz from Colon on several occasions. And he nows it, did you hear that studdering stammering bag of lies and even saying he does not owe Marc an apology. If I was Savy, I would tell him exactly what he can do with the "eventual" explanation.

Colon is a bias bag fecal matter and should be canned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Bruins should put his son on waivers to get back at him.

Just kidding...

But in all seriousness if he felt so strong, why did he wait until the NHL brass defended him before he came out with all his bravado?  Even he was expecting to get more heat than he has from the NHL.

Disgraceful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Campbell should be canned by the League.

But the Bruins likely acquired Campbell's kid to get special treatment -- not the same treatment as the other 29 teams...

As I said earlier, enjoy the tainted and tarnished Cup when it finally arrives to the Beantown...

I'll not be watching as long as Campbell and Bettman remain...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Key work you used, "likely", which means you don't know, which should translate into a non-post.

Now you just sound like a nervous habs fan...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Fact of the matter here is Colon should be fired

..out of a cannon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias:[QUOTE]Fact of the matter here is Colon should be fired ..out of a cannon Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

I'd pay to see that sizzle...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Colon used the fact that Dean Warren's wrongful termination case was dismissed as evidence that he is far and impartial, when in fact, Warren may very well have won his case if not for the then unknown parts of the emails that were redacted.  Once again, Campbell is pointing out a wrong decision as precedent. 

The fact that the league has circled the wagons in Campbells defense is not surprising.  The extent of the mainstream media's assistance in the effort is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's bothered me that the NHL would have a guy like Colin Campbell as league discipinarian simply because of his background.  A former player, former coach - who has been fired, wouldn't there be an issue with him having a vendetta against the gm who fired him, against other players he might have had issues with, against other teams that he might have had issues with?  And shouldn't having your son in the league exclude you from the post?  After all, it's overwhelmingly likely that your son has had a scrape with a another player, another team or an official and it would get back to you over Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas or something.

Shouldn't the job of league disciplinarian go to someone who would be *LESS LIKELY* to have an ax to grind?  Everyone has prejudices whether they realize it or not, but you just want to insure a person who's going to be judging others in that position will have the leastnumber of prejudices as possible.

I would think a very well respected former ref like Andy Von Hellemond would be the right kind of guy for the job.  Or some other retired ref.  Or somebody who has hockey knowledge, but not a pro that's a lawyer or a judge or something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias : WOW! Knowingly engaging in nepotism as a team building strategy in an attempt to win at all costs seems downright immoral to me. Enjoy that tainted Cup when and if you ever win it. From the SI article, "the view from here is that this matter has now reached a point where the League must choose to make a move at the top or stonewall once again in the belief that this affair will blow over."
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

TAINTED CUP ?????
    Look who's talking!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]It's bothered me that the NHL would have a guy like Colin Campbell as league discipinarian simply because of his background.  A former player, former coach - who has been fired, wouldn't there be an issue with him having a vendetta against the gm who fired him, against other players he might have had issues with, against other teams that he might have had issues with?  And shouldn't having your son in the league exclude you from the post?  After all, it's overwhelmingly likely that your son has had a scrape with a another player, another team or an official and it would get back to you over Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas or something. Shouldn't the job of league disciplinarian go to someone who would be *LESS LIKELY* to have an ax to grind?  Everyone has prejudices whether they realize it or not, but you just want to insure a person who's going to be judging others in that position will have the leastnumber of prejudices as possible. I would think a very well respected former ref like Andy Von Hellemond would be the right kind of guy for the job.  Or some other retired ref.  Or somebody who has hockey knowledge, but not a pro that's a lawyer or a judge or something.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Well said.  The simple fact that the NHL employs and supports someone in a position that must have impartiality as its mandate yet is clearly anything but is stunning in light of recent revelations. 

Any future punishments of a questionable variety this man metes out will always have a cloud of suspicion hanging over them.  Not a good look for a league that hopes to make inroads in the consciousness of minds primarily locked into the NFL, NBA and MLB.  Count me among those surprised this story is not a bigger deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

judas denies bias 2

sports looks fixed in general

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Does anyone still read RMiller's posts?Now that I put him on ignore I kinda forget that tool is still around.Good to see fewer people seem to be taking the bait and his lonely existence is just getting lonlier.I kinda feel bad for him because it must stink to not have any friends.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The quote, "...gas this ****head," that Campbell employs in one of those e-mail's that were made public suggests that Campbell has also in the past dismissed League officials who made calls against his son's team...

One has to wonder if the Bruins' management were aware of these e-mails in advance of the acquisition of Campbell's son ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Here's the latest :

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/20/fired-referee-to-press-favoritism-allegation-against-campbell/?sre=twrhp

This story is not just going away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Is your new name this story?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

It's very odd how many Bruin fans' main concern is that Campbell called Savard a little "faker" (which he mostly has been throughout his hockey career) in those e-mails, but completely miss the fact that the real issue here for hockey fans is that Campbell seemingly tried to influence officials on how to officiate his own son's team which calls his impartiality into question...

That's why I think that most of you are simply Bruin fans -- not hockey fans... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the latest : http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/20/fired-referee-to-press-favoritism-allegation-against-campbell/?sre=twrhp This story is not just going away.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, neither are you

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

The Bruins let Savard down,now the fans are doin the same.

There should be a massive email mailing to Gary Bettman