Colton Orr Takes a Pounding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Colton Orr Takes a Pounding

Anyone catch the game last night ??

This Erskine beat down was actually intended for Phaneuf, whom he challenged earlier, BUT as we all know Phaneuf only picks on smaller guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-Pu96E9U0

Tuesday can't come soon enough .......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Re: Colton Orr Takes a Pounding

Erskine's fists are like a couple of sledgehanmers. Doesn't fight much these days due to some concussion issues, but when he does...look out.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone catch the game last night ??

This Erskine beat down was actually intended for Phaneuf, whom he challenged earlier, BUT as we all know Phaneuf only picks on smaller guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-Pu96E9U0

Tuesday can't come soon enough .......

[/QUOTE]

i watched the whole thing and Celine wanted no part of Erskine, not that i blame him but he sure likes to act tough around guys like Zack Boychuk and players of his ilk. Erskine took it to Orr alright and gave him some good shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Really like Big John.  hes honest, logs pretty solid minutes and will fight anyone.   Hes a tough guy i like having bc he is useful.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Erskine's fists are like a couple of sledgehanmers. Doesn't fight much these days due to some concussion issues, but when he does...look out.  

[/QUOTE]

He's given Lucic all he could handle, beat him good the first time they went at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's given Lucic all he could handle, beat him good the first time they went at it.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at the time Looch was an undefeated up and comer (9-0 I think). Lucic hit him with some great shots but Erskine just kept coming and put Lucic down at the end for the win. Note: Erskine did have a jersey malfunction that freed his right arm up giving him an advantage in the latter stages if that bout. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can't imagine why Phaneuf didn't want to fight him.

Phaneuf fights in his class.  He's gone with Horton, Hartnell, Gaustad etc.

Yeah, he's fought smaller or weaker guys.  Others do as well.  Just ask Roman Hamrlik.

The dung that gets flung here about Phaneuf is pitiful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, he's fought smaller or weaker guys.  Others do as well.  Just ask Roman Hamrlik.

[/QUOTE]

Get ready for the Pats game, leave Phaneuf alone, he's on the Leafs anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Nas, shouldn't you be chatting with Rusty and debating about whether Brady should be looking for short passes as opposed to the home run considering the weather? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phaneuf's a big dude but is and always has been a spotpicker. He won't go with anyone who can throw them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Erskine is one tough guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phaneuf's a big dude but is and always has been a spotpicker. He won't go with anyone who can throw them.

[/QUOTE]

Tkachuk, Moen, Horton, Bertuzzi...that is Phaneuf's fight class.  Pure baadass guys are not.  Why would he want to go with a real tough guy like Erskine or Thornton? 

Forgotten is that he's their #1 defenseman.  People here lose their minds if Lucic fights a meatball.  Why is Phaneuf expected to do the same?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

phaneuf. 1st pairing skill, 4th pairing brain. I'm not a fan, but I have no problem with his level of toughness and who he fights or doesn't fight. If he was aBruin I wouldn't want him throwing down with the cruiser weights either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

wow -- Orr is one tough cookie to beat but Erskine proved himself big time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Erskine is now 3-0 against Orr...impressive for sure. Big John has a great card with bouts against the likes of Laraque, McGrattan, Shelly, Simon, Thorton, Rupper etc. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Tkachuk, Moen, Horton, Bertuzzi...that is Phaneuf's fight class.  Pure baadass guys are not.  Why would he want to go with a real tough guy like Erskine or Thornton? 

Forgotten is that he's their #1 defenseman.  People here lose their minds if Lucic fights a meatball.  Why is Phaneuf expected to do the same?

[/QUOTE]

I agree NAS. I can't stand Dion personally. I think he's actually the only hockey player I ever met that was a total tool. But, I wouldn't expect him to fight Erskine either. I think he gets a bum wrap around here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Outside of guys known more for fighting than playing hockey, name five guys who aren't "spot pickers".

Chara doesn't fight all comers.  Lucic doesn't fight all comers.  Are they spot pickers also?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Outside of guys known more for fighting than playing hockey, name five guys who aren't "spot pickers".

Chara doesn't fight all comers.  Lucic doesn't fight all comers.  Are they spot pickers also?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, as they should be.  Losing a guy who plays 25 mins a night to a hired goon is dumb.  On occasion you gotta do whats right for your team being a captain but no way he should fight big john.   Brouwer or Chimera or someone like that sure.  But gotta pick your spots.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:[QUOTE] Erskine is one tough guy. [/QUOTE]

Yep and love watching Orr get pounded. Lerfs can't play defense, suspect goaltending and have two horrible contracts with Clarkson n Phanoof! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Erskine won, but not as one-sided as I thought it would be when I opened the thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Erskine won, but not as one-sided as I thought it would be when I opened the thread.

[/QUOTE]

Yea kel the OP made it sound like a Jonathan on Bouchard type thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phaneuf's MO is to act tough with non fighters or when the refs are there, and he does it regularly. Do you even watch him? His fight card doesn't compare to either of those two, nor does his toughness.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Chara & Lucic don't try to act all mean and tough with the non fighter and smaller guys for the most part, Phaneuf does it all the time, i think he thinks his death stare is enough to dissuade anyone from fighting him but it doesn't work, so he waits for the linesman. Glad he's with the Lerfs for another 7 yrs. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Phaneuf fights Erskine it's advantage Caps in the tradeoff. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and Ashton took a pounding as well. that makes Leafs 0-2 in fights and they lost the game.