come back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

come back

Were all going to look like morons if Bruins come back and win series.I was out this afternoon,seen lots of Montreal flags on cars,thanks Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Re: come back

This series isn't over.  Bruins are a good road team and they know there backs against the wall.  Don't panic and take it one game at a time.  We witnessed first hand a team come back from a 3-0 deficit no reason we cant handle being down 2-0.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I hope that I end up being a moron; like I was in 2004 and thought the Sox were done; one out from a sweep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

not me, I say the B's win it in 7. Two big wins coming up in Montreal. Not being a homer, if ever there was a good time to go to Montreal in a playoff series this is it. They didn't play their game at home, they were trying too hard to be physical and they will get back to the basics starting tomorrow night. They'll get a lead, take the Habs out of their plan and TT will show why he is the Vezina winner and finalist for the Hart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yeah, sure, there is still a chance and I'd take any ripping I might deserve if the Bs win the series but let's be honest, there hasn't been any sign in the last two games that anyone in the organisation has a clue about what to do to turn things around.

Keep being negative, don't make any jinxing 'Bruins will win the Cup in 2011/2012' etc  comments, and expect even worse results in games 3 and 4 and there might just be a chance of this team recovering. But don't bet on it.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Re: come back:
    [QUOTE]This series isn't over.  Bruins are a good road team and they know there backs against the wall.  Don't panic and take it one game at a time.  We witnessed first hand a team come back from a 3-0 deficit no reason we cant handle being down 2-0.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

wishful thinking

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sorry, but no, no one here is a moron for getting down on them like this.

If they win the next 4 straight all the more reason why the loss of the first 2 was inexcusable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but no, no one here is a moron for getting down on them like this. If they win the next 4 straight all the more reason why the loss of the first 2 was inexcusable.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

That's the best assessment I've read so far. The Bruins--if they are the team so many homers THINK they are--should NOT be down 0-2 in this series.

But they are. And they're not coming back (as someone else pointed out, they're 0-26 all time when trailing by 2....Oh, I know, I know...the past doesn't matter. Uh-huh. Sure it doesn't.)

I see all these comparisons to the 0-3 Red Sox in '04. Let's please not forget WHY that was so amazing: Because it almost NEVER HAAPENS.

Again, for those who are just waiting for such a comeback: Bruins 0-26 when trailing by 2. If they lose Monday, remember that only 4 teams in the history of ANY SPORT have EVER come back from that. And we know who one of those teams is, don't we?

Please. Enough already. It's time to admit and be an adult and face the harsh truth: This team is still not realy for prime time. The ownership/mgt. has still not figured out what the forumla is to put winning teams (and coaches) on the ice, and you can tack on another year to the 2-decades long streak of DNQ's, 1st or 2nd round exits and 40 years w.out a Cup.

Yeah-please by all means, save this post and call me out for the moron I am when the bruins come back and win this series. I'll come on this board, beg forgiveness to each and every homer, and never ever post again. I'm a dot--I'm gone.

But of course, I don't expect the same courtesy from the "nice police" who freak out every time someone states the obvious: The Bruins aren't as good as you insisted they were.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but no, no one here is a moron for getting down on them like this. If they win the next 4 straight all the more reason why the loss of the first 2 was inexcusable.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

CORRECT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

History is against us when it comes to come backs in a series dowm by 2 games as it was said 0 for 26 and vs the Habs we all know what that done to us for decades. The Habs and Bruins have played in the playoffs 40 times the Bruins winning only 8 and the Habs cost us a 2nd striat cup when they put former Bruin Ken Dryden in goal. We out shot, out played and did all we could to win but we couldn't beat him.
    Does this sound familar to Price? Well I hope the Bruins have learned something from history and bang hard at the net, take their ice away from them and don't let them have the puck, and hit . We may then have a chance to come back and not let history repeat itself.
    Just once I would like to see revenge vs those toilet heads and get over on them the way they have on us over the years. It is possible but the Bruins will have their best hockey all year and hope Chara and everyone is healthy, I hate the Habs and want to get even, I hope this season but when ever it can happen I want to be there. GO BRUINS />

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : That's the best assessment I've read so far. The Bruins--if they are the team so many homers THINK they are--should NOT be down 0-2 in this series. But they are. And they're not coming back (as someone else pointed out, they're 0-26 all time when trailing by 2....Oh, I know, I know...the past doesn't matter. Uh-huh. Sure it doesn't.) I see all these comparisons to the 0-3 Red Sox in '04. Let's please not forget WHY that was so amazing: Because it almost NEVER HAAPENS. Again, for those who are just waiting for such a comeback: Bruins 0-26 when trailing by 2. If they lose Monday, remember that only 4 teams in the history of ANY SPORT have EVER come back from that. And we know who one of those teams is, don't we? Please. Enough already. It's time to admit and be an adult and face the harsh truth: This team is still not realy for prime time. The ownership/mgt. has still not figured out what the forumla is to put winning teams (and coaches) on the ice, and you can tack on another year to the 2-decades long streak of DNQ's, 1st or 2nd round exits and 40 years w.out a Cup. Yeah-please by all means, save this post and call me out for the moron I am when the bruins come back and win this series. I'll come on this board, beg forgiveness to each and every homer, and never ever post again. I'm a dot--I'm gone. But of course, I don't expect the same courtesy from the "nice police" who freak out every time someone states the obvious: The Bruins aren't as good as you insisted they were.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    For someone who likes to boldly "tell it like it is" you sure get  upset when folks disagree.We all get it .Boston is down 2-0 and it hurts inside.Suck it up princess!It's not a best of 3 series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : For someone who likes to boldly "tell it like it is" you sure get  upset when folks disagree.We all get it .Boston is down 2-0 and it hurts inside.Suck it up princess!It's not a best of 3 series.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I don't get upset when folks disagree. I get upset when folks deny reality and make ridiculous excuses for their team playing like cr*p, such as the players can't figure out whether they can be physical b/c the refs made bad calls against them (waaaaaaahhhh!), and "oh if only Thomas had stopped this shot or that shot the outcome would have been different."

I get upset when some "fans' are so blinded by mindless loyalty that they can't admit what is obvious to anyone with the brains God gave Geese: Montreal is the better team, the Bruins organization still has no idea how to put a winning team on the ice, and the Bruins are once again 1 and done.

Keep waving those pom poms and shelling out the big bucks for Jeremy's Junk. He loves you very, very much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The failures of this team go all the way to the top. This team had ZERO offensive threat last year and gambled this season away on Horton and Seguin. We will lose this series due to lack of scoring. Our defense has been average but our offense has been atrocious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : I don't get upset when folks disagree. I get upset when folks deny reality and make ridiculous excuses for their team playing like cr*p, such as the players can't figure out whether they can be physical b/c the refs made bad calls against them (waaaaaaahhhh!), and "oh if only Thomas had stopped this shot or that shot the outcome would have been different." I get upset when some "fans' are so blinded by mindless loyalty that they can't admit what is obvious to anyone with the brains God gave Geese: Montreal is the better team, the Bruins organization still has no idea how to put a winning team on the ice, and the Bruins are once again 1 and done. Keep waving those pom poms and shelling out the big bucks for Jeremy's Junk. He loves you very, very much.
    And you keep crying at the other end of  the spectrum.It's still tears spilling out regardless of the venom mixed in.Like I said,you keep putting words in my mouth while not backing it up.If I'm guilty of constantly doing something it should be easy to prove.I've waited hours for you to do it.Why don't you get started on that or answering direct questions instead of replying with the same,non-stop drivel.Explain the many facets of the game in which Montreal is so superior to Boston instead of a comeback like "waaaaaah".Oh yeah,you won't bother because that would involve some real insight to the game.Dress it up however you like.you're the one crying about people  not singing your tune.I'm simply presenting unmatched counter-points.But then why would you bother with an answer when you can just keep saying "38 years"over and over again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

I'm up $200 after the second game.

A friend wanted to bet $100 on each game in the series and he wanted Boston.

What can I say ,I took the Canadians

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In Response to come back:
    [QUOTE]Were all going to look like morons if Bruins come back and win series.I was out this afternoon,seen lots of Montreal flags on cars,thanks Bruins.
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]

LMAO, dreams...
    no cup in boston

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : And you keep crying at the other end of  the spectrum.It's still tears spilling out regardless of the venom mixed in.Like I said,you keep putting words in my mouth while not backing it up.If I'm guilty of constantly doing something it should be easy to prove.I've waited hours for you to do it.Why don't you get started on that or answering direct questions instead of replying with the same,non-stop drivel.Explain the many facets of the game in which Montreal is so superior to Boston instead of a comeback like "waaaaaah".Oh yeah,you won't bother because that would involve some real insight to the game.Dress it up however you like.you're the one crying about people  not singing your tune.I'm simply presenting unmatched counter-points.But then why would you bother with an answer when you can just keep saying "38 years"over and over again?

OK.This is going to be REALLY hard, but I'll try my best:

1) Mtl. won the season series vc. Boston
    2) They;re kicking the cr*p out of them now in the playoffs
    3) The Bruins are being out-coached (wanna argue this? Good luck.)
    4) The Habs are winning the battle of the goalies.
    5) The Habs are using their superior speed to stupefy the slow-footed Boston Defense.
    6) The Habs forwards are burying their chances. The Bruins forwards look a combination of desperate and  clueless.
    7) The Bruins continually shoot from the points either into a Mtl. defender (showing Mtl is playing better defense), or straight into Price's gullet (showing  the Bruins don;'t have nearly the offensive prowess cheerleaders like you would have us believe.)
    8)Mtl. has not only won games one and two handily, they did so in the Bruins' own building, adding insult to injury.

I guess I could go on (Mtl. not taking stupid penalties to the opposite for Boston), and such, but I believe I've acquiesed to your request as stated above.

Now, on this point:  I've waited hours for you to do it...

I would suggest you find something better to do with your time. There is nothing me or anyone else can say on this forum that is worth "waiting hours for..."

...and on your final point...if I really had the inclination to go find your post about the refs making it tuff on Boston fwds. to figure out how to play--or something to that effect--you simply have to be honest w/yourself: were you writing that for no reason whatsoever, or were you trying to minimize and make excuses for Boston's atrocious play in this series? You decide which is true.

Finally: If you;re satisfied w/your team no matter what they do--no matter that they've gone 19 years w/out getting out of round 2 of the playoffs and 39 years w/out a Cup...MORE POWER TO YOU. I want some of your happy pills. But don't put that on the rest of us who expect more. You don't like that I complain constantly about that epic record of failure? Hard cheese. Put me on ignore--that's what it's for.

And the diff. between you and me, Dez...is that I'll admit when I'm wrong. As I've said if the B's come back and win this series, I will make one final post and that's only to say what an idiot and lousy fan I am, and you will never have to read another single post from me ever again. I will have forfeited my right to free expression based on my own stupidity.

You, of course, will never do the same when you;'re wrong. In your world, there's always an excuse for the bruins' failures, and those who would dare speak out against them are simply "bad fans." Let's see which of us has the guts to admit we were right/wrong when this series is done.

I'm opn record in the pick'em contest as saying Habs in 7. (Optimistic of me as it turns out). What was your pick? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : OK.This is going to be REALLY hard, but I'll try my best: 1) Mtl. won the season series vc. Boston 2) They;re kicking the cr*p out of them now in the playoffs 3) The Bruins are being out-coached (wanna argue this? Good luck.) 4) The Habs are winning the battle of the goalies. 5) The Habs are using their superior speed to stupefy the slow-footed Boston Defense. 6) The Habs forwards are burying their chances. The Bruins forwards look a combination of desperate and  clueless. 7) The Bruins continually shoot from the points either into a Mtl. defender (showing Mtl is playing better defense), or straight into Price's gullet (showing  the Bruins don;'t have nearly the offensive prowess cheerleaders like you would have us believe.) 8)Mtl. has not only won games one and two handily, they did so in the Bruins' own building, adding insult to injury. I guess I could go on (Mtl. not taking stupid penalties to the opposite for Boston), and such, but I believe I've acquiesed to your request as stated above. Now, on this point:  I've waited hours for you to do it ... I would suggest you find something better to do with your time. There is nothing me or anyone else can say on this forum that is worth "waiting hours for..." ...and on your final point...if I really had the inclination to go find your post about the refs making it tuff on Boston fwds. to figure out how to play--or something to that effect--you simply have to be honest w/yourself: were you writing that for no reason whatsoever, or were you trying to minimize and make excuses for Boston's atrocious play in this series? You decide which is true. Finally: If you;re satisfied w/your team no matter what they do--no matter that they've gone 19 years w/out getting out of round 2 of the playoffs and 39 years w/out a Cup...MORE POWER TO YOU. I want some of your happy pills. But don't put that on the rest of us who expect more. You don't like that I complain constantly about that epic record of failure? Hard cheese. Put me on ignore--that's what it's for. And the diff. between you and me, Dez...is that I'll admit when I'm wrong. As I've said if the B's come back and win this series, I will make one final post and that's only to say what an idiot and lousy fan I am, and you will never have to read another single post from me ever again. I will have forfeited my right to free expression based on my own stupidity. You, of course, will never do the same when you;'re wrong. In your world, there's always an excuse for the bruins' failures, and those who would dare speak out against them are simply "bad fans." Let's see which of us has the guts to admit we were right/wrong when this series is done. I'm opn record in the pick'em contest as saying Habs in 7. (Optimistic of me as it turns out). What was your pick? 
    What amount of courage is involved to admit wrongdoing to a faceless name on a computer?The "waiting hours" is in reference to the 5 posts you chose to make over that time period that didn't touch on the specific questions I asked.I'll say again,no one wants/expects you to stop stating your opinion.Just be prepared for counter points to be made and try not to refer to others that don't share your opinion as brainless idiots.You continue to make false claims that I refuse to admit when I'm wrong yet you've supplied nothing to back up your claims.Instead you've chosen to "predict"what I "might" do if something "possibly" happens.I'll ask again,if the Habs are this high-flying offensive juggernaut that you're witnessing,how is it they've only managed 9 third period shots over 2 games?There is ONE area Montreal has outplayed Boston and that is in goal but,to you,saying that TT has been less than stellar is simply an excuse.I'm afraid that you're the one confusing opinion for fact here.you call it an excuse.I call it a reason.Claiming Montreal has won anything "handily" is another example of confusing opinion for fact.The truth is,I'm not trying to change your opinion.I simply choose to state my opinion and get called any number of things for it.If you want to act confrontational,don't be surprised when confronted.BTW,if the Habs forwards have"continually buried their chances",is that an admission that they've managed only 5-8 chances over 2 games?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I hope I look like a moron.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : What amount of courage is involved to admit wrongdoing to a faceless name on a computer?The "waiting hours" is in reference to the 5 posts you chose to make over that time period that didn't touch on the specific questions I asked.I'll say again,no one wants/expects you to stop stating your opinion.Just be prepared for counter points to be made and try not to refer to others that don't share your opinion as brainless idiots.You continue to make false claims that I refuse to admit when I'm wrong yet you've supplied nothing to back up your claims.Instead you've chosen to "predict"what I "might" do if something "possibly" happens.I'll ask again,if the Habs are this high-flying offensive juggernaut that you're witnessing,how is it they've only managed 9 third period shots over 2 games?There is ONE area Montreal has outplayed Boston and that is in goal but,to you,saying that TT has been less than stellar is simply an excuse.I'm afraid that you're the one confusing opinion for fact here.you call it an excuse.I call it a reason.Claiming Montreal has won anything "handily" is another example of confusing opinion for fact.The truth is,I'm not trying to change your opinion.I simply choose to state my opinion and get called any number of things for it.If you want to act confrontational,don't be surprised when confronted.BTW,if the Habs forwards have"continually buried their chances",is that an admission that they've managed only 5-8 chances over 2 games?

I couldn't care less if people challenge my opinion. That's what forums are for. And so I reserve the same right. When I see people claiming the Bruins are going to come back, I do call that idiocy. And I'm perfectly prepared to take whatever heat I get in return.

On your specific points: Mtl. didn't NEED to get more than 9 3rd period shots in 2 games b/c they already gort what they needed: leads against a team that is offensively challenged and plays lousy from behind. That's the Mtl. game plan--pounce early, play solid D and ride your goaltender to victory.

They DID win games 1 and 2 handily and one could argue that as soon as the B's fell behind 2-0 in game 2 it was all over. Sure felt that way to me.

You also wanted other reasons for Mtl.'s superiority and I gave them to you: Coaching, season series dominance, better D, etc....so don;t accuse me of not speaking to the hockey issues. I laid them all out for you.

As for the courage/faceless computer deal...gee, sorry I'm not there to argue this stuff w/you in person...I'd much rather slam our fists down on a bar somewhere over a beer and hash this stuff out but we're all in the same boat here.

My point is if the Bruins end up winning this series I won't suddenly stay on here as "superfan" and deny that I counted them out...and I think my vitriol against them has been enuff that if they do prove me wrong there's no point in wasting anyone else;s time w/my further "insights."

But I know I'm not wrong. And finally-- I post a lot of the same sentiments b/c I can't assume everyone has read all the different posts/topics.

My point on the Bruins' record of playoff failure being staggering and unacceptable is one I will not drop until they show me they can get out of the 2nd freaking round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : I couldn't care less if people challenge my opinion. That's what forums are for. And so I reserve the same right. When I see people claiming the Bruins are going to come back, I do call that idiocy. And I'm perfectly prepared to take whatever heat I get in return. On your specific points: Mtl. didn't NEED to get more than 9 3rd period shots in 2 games b/c they already gort what they needed: leads against a team that is offensively challenged and plays lousy from behind. That's the Mtl. game plan--pounce early, play solid D and ride your goaltender to victory. They DID win games 1 and 2 handily and one could argue that as soon as the B's fell behind 2-0 in game 2 it was all over. Sure felt that way to me. You also wanted other reasons for Mtl.'s superiority and I gave them to you: Coaching, season series dominance, better D, etc....so don;t accuse me of not speaking to the hockey issues. I laid them all out for you. As for the courage/faceless computer deal...gee, sorry I'm not there to argue this stuff w/you in person...I'd much rather slam our fists down on a bar somewhere over a beer and hash this stuff out but we're all in the same boat here. My point is if the Bruins end up winning this series I won't suddenly stay on here as "superfan" and deny that I counted them out...and I think my vitriol against them has been enuff that if they do prove me wrong there's no point in wasting anyone else;s time w/my further "insights." But I know I'm not wrong. And finally-- I post a lot of the same sentiments b/c I can't assume everyone has read all the different posts/topics. My point on the Bruins' record of playoff failure being staggering and unacceptable is one I will not drop until they show me they can get out of the 2nd freaking round.
    So you figure Montreal's master plan was to score in the 1st minute and go into a defensive shell for the rest of the game?You're acting like the Habs are playing this fantastic hockey but the fact is,they are not.Right now,Boston is just choosing to play WORSE than them.There is no way Montreal expected to come out of there 2 games ahead while scoring only 5 goals and playing most of the games in their own end.What they expected,I'm sure,is that they would have to scratch and claw for every goal and that simply hasn't had to happen.Right now Boston is handing them the series.Don't act like it because the Habs are some well-oiled machine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

B's play well on the road.  Let's just hope they left the Qualudes back in Boston and come out flying!  First goal will be huge in that building. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]B's play well on the road.  Let's just hope they left the Qualudes back in Boston and come out flying!  First goal will be huge in that building. 
    Posted by sebagoking[/QUOTE]
    There's a good chance whoever scores 1st will win this game.Boston can't afford to sit back at all.I think they'll bring it tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : So you figure Montreal's master plan was to score in the 1st minute and go into a defensive shell for the rest of the game?You're acting like the Habs are playing this fantastic hockey but the fact is,they are not.Right now,Boston is just choosing to play WORSE than them.There is no way Montreal expected to come out of there 2 games ahead while scoring only 5 goals and playing most of the games in their own end.What they expected,I'm sure,is that they would have to scratch and claw for every goal and that simply hasn't had to happen.Right now Boston is handing them the series.Don't act like it because the Habs are some well-oiled machine.

You know enuff about hockey to understand that the habs played two perfect road games, and you can maintain it was a 'defensive shell'....but the Bruins were NOT generating quality chances. As I said before they hammered shots from the point into habs' D-,en (who are playing a great series so far) and also into Price's gut....and when they didn't Price was excellent.

what this is is a perfect storm combination of the Bruins playing lousy AND The Habs playing as exactly as they need to to take--not steal--but TAKE--two on the road.

Overall point is that unless this goes 7 and a quirky bounce decides the series the better team will have won. That's why they play Best of 7. This isn't March Madness where any team can get lucky and win one. It's a series that shows which team is better...and right now that team is Montreal. It will be when it's over as well. You think I LIKE adimitting that? I don't, but at least I can.

(Season series meant nothing, i guess? Habs won that, too--but this is all about Boston handing it to them? Color me doubtful on that assessment, which sounds like homer-ism at its worst.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: come back : You know enuff about hockey to understand that the habs played two perfect road games, and you can maintain it was a 'defensive shell'....but the Bruins were NOT generating quality chances. As I said before they hammered shots from the point into habs' D-,en (who are playing a great series so far) and also into Price's gut....and when they didn't Price was excellent. what this is is a perfect storm combination of the Bruins playing lousy AND The Habs playing as exactly as they need to to take--not steal--but TAKE--two on the road. Overall point is that unless this goes 7 and a quirky bounce decides the series the better team will have won. That's why they play Best of 7. This isn't March Madness where any team can get lucky and win one. It's a series that shows which team is better...and right now that team is Montreal. It will be when it's over as well. You think I LIKE adimitting that? I don't, but at least I can. (Season series meant nothing, i guess? Habs won that, too--but this is all about Boston handing it to them? Color me doubtful on that assessment, which sounds like homer-ism at its worst.)
    They're playing the same style game that Boston played all year.Give up a bunch of shots from the outside and try to clog lanes to the net.But if memory serves,that was the style which you claimed gets teams turned into mincemeat come playoffs.......So which is it?"Perfect" or mincemeat?I guess we'll see when it's over.Until then,this debate has grown tired.BTW-did I claim the season series meaningless?You're crediting me with saying lots of stuff recently.