Concerned about the Sabres??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Concerned about the Sabres??

Wow ! Another win for the hard charging Sabres tonight against the Rangers. They are now only 2 points behind the Sens & just 5 points behind the Bruins. I know the B's have 2 games in hand, but they don't mean anything unless you win them. I think the sabres are the kind of team that can do some damage if they get in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Concerned about the Sabres??

Absolutely and good observation. Other than Pittsburgh, can you think of any other team in the league (East or West) that's a lock in Round 1? Buffalo absolutely could win a round, especially with Miller getting some swagger back. A bunch of lower-4 seeded teams have a shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Some were fretful of the Canadiens last yearin the playoffs, some of the Flyers, yet I always say through adversity a team emerges, bring on the Sabres.  Individual players with skill is utmost.  Yet teams are not individuals with skill.  

Cody does look good in Buffalo btw, what were the Can't hooks thinking on that trade?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Any team with Miller and Vanek on it scares me.  I would hate to play them in the playoffs, although it would be a great series due to the long standing rivalry.  Visions of Brad Park are now dancing in my head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

yes, if they drop both games this weekend and go pointless.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They still don't scare me, i think the B's even with their injuries would take them out in 6 games. Could Miller get hot and steal a series, sure but I just don't dont think their good enough to pose a threat, theyll cool off these next few weeks and miss they are too inconsistent. they had a terrible off-season but made up for it at the deadline.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Concerned about the Sabres??:
    [QUOTE]Any team with Miller and Vanek on it scares me.  I would hate to play them in the playoffs, although it would be a great series due to the long standing rivalry.  Visions of Brad Park are now dancing in my head.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    I jumped through the roof when he scored that goal. It didn't last long as i think the B's got handled by the Islanders in the next round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Agree Kelv and this years version of the Sabres are still small and aren't as good as the 2010 Buffalo team the Bs took out. Buffalo's small forwards will get beaten down as A series goes on they would not be able to hang with Boston's big forwards. Absolutely no fear of the Sabres whatsoever nor the Senators for that matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

If B's aren't careful, Sabres will pass them. Then they've got trouble.... better get some points this weekend...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerned about the Sabres?? : I jumped through the roof when he scored that goal. It didn't last long as i think the B's got handled by the Islanders in the next round.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Yep, you are right, they lost to the Islanders in 6 games the next round. Mind you, that was when the Islanders were winning their 4 cups in a row. Oh well, still felt great beating the Sabres. Will always remember Park for that thrilling game 7 ot winner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

The Sabres are not built for the playoffs, the Bruins are. In a seven game series I am not concerned about any team. The Bruins will wear you down and crush you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Agree Kelv and this years version of the Sabres are still small and aren't as good as the 2010 Buffalo team the Bs took out. Buffalo's small forwards will get beaten down as A series goes on they would not be able to hang with Boston's big forwards. Absolutely no fear of the Sabres whatsoever nor the Senators for that matter.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    True San, but you know what a hot goalie can do in the playoffs. Miller is in the zone & has been for a while. I can honestly see them taking out the Rangers if they meet in round 1.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]The Sabres are not built for the playoffs, the Bruins are. In a seven game series I am not concerned about any team. The Bruins will wear you down and crush you.
    Posted by BRRocker[/QUOTE]
    Really ? Your not concerned about anybody. Pens, Flyers, Rangers, Canucks, Red Wings, Blues ??  I find that a little hard to believe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

As of now, these are the teams of most concern heading into the Playoffs

1)  Pens...look unstoppable
    2)  B's...playoff experience, TT, and getting some bodies back
    3)  Rangers...system, very physical, and Lundqvist
    4)  Sabres...Miller and potential to have balanced scoring (Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Hodgson, Stafford, Ennis...); they are a little small as posters mentioned
    5)  Flyers...No one seems to be talking about them.. A little off the radar this year and could surprise...goaltending can't possible be worse than last year
    6) Caps...some weapons on offense but erratic elsewhere
    7) Devils...Always in the mix with Brodeur
    8) Ottawa...Some game breakers on offense..don't see a deep run
    9) Jets...too raw

Of course, everything will depend on the matchups, health, and hot goaltending

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Concerned about the Sabres??:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerned about the Sabres?? : True San, but you know what a hot goalie can do in the playoffs. Miller is in the zone & has been for a while. Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Very true Miller is that type of goalie and Vanek would need to get hurt in game 6 of the series upset game 6 against the Rags Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

B's have to come up with 3 points out of 4 this week end (i.e. playing .500 during the CA trip) and they should be fine to clutch spot no. 2 (Conf)...

to do so they must start playing impressive on a longer stretch....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

It is my hope that the B's don't play the Pens until they absolutely have to, that is, in the Eastern Conference Finals.  I think Pitt will overtake the Rags meaning the B's will want to finish at #2 to make that happen.  Pitt. is the only Eastern Conference team that scares me.  I am confident with the other matchups.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]It is my hope that the B's don't play the Pens until they absolutely have to, that is, in the Eastern Conference Finals.  I think Pitt will overtake the Rags meaning the B's will want to finish at #2 to make that happen.  Pitt. is the only Eastern Conference team that scares me.  I am confident with the other matchups.
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

Agree on avoiding the Pens, and I know the Rangers have hit a rut here but they would give the Bruins just as many fits, NYR is as bad a matchup for the B's if not worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not at all.

That team is junk.  Yeah, they've hit a hot streak.  Everyone does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Not at all. That team is junk.  Yeah, they've hit a hot streak.  Everyone does.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I like your condfidence but don't forget that '' junk '' team is only 5 points behind the Bruins. They have to be considered a real threat to beat the N.Y.R. in the first round if they get that 8th spot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerned about the Sabres?? : I like your condfidence but don't forget that '' junk '' team is only 5 points behind the Bruins. They have to be considered a real threat to beat the N.Y.R. in the first round if they get that 8th spot.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

jp - I hear you but against the larger, more physical Rangers the smaller Sabres would get knocked around and lose in a series.  Perhaps only Miller could stand in the way of a defeat.  At the other end Lundqvist is an equal match to Miller if not moreso.  I don't see the threat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerned about the Sabres?? : I like your condfidence but don't forget that '' junk '' team is only 5 points behind the Bruins. They have to be considered a real threat to beat the N.Y.R. in the first round if they get that 8th spot.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

They have played two more games than the B's and they have seven more charity points.

They're junk. 

That team is 7-1-2 for their last 10 games.  That is the only reason they're even being mentioned right now.  With a poor road record, I doubt they'd win more than one game against NYR in the playoffs.

Oh, and that 7-1-2? 

Whood'ja beat? 

13th place Wild
    1st place Rangers in current slump
    15th place Habs
    11th place Lightning
    15th place Habs
    7th place Sens
    12th place Hurricanes

The loss?

2nd place Boston

OTL?

3rd place Florida
    10th place Colorado

No, I'm not concerned at all with this late season push due to a cakewalk schedule.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

What "scares" me about the Sabres is that Vanneck is a Bruin killer.
    Miller could get hot and steal a couple of games and give Boston fits.
    Ottawa has good offence, weaker defence and goaltending...untested?
    The Rangers and Pens are well rounded teams and should do well.
    Boston, they need to stay healthy and TT needs to be the Vezina, Conn Smyth goalie of last year for the B's to get to the prize.

Should be another fun ride...and that's all I ask of the Bruins. Do your job to the best of your abilities.