Concerned.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Concerned.

Seguin's story just doesn't make sense (at the very least, there is more to this than we are being told.) I think this is a very big concern but most folks on these boards are giving Tyler a pass? What will the excuse be if he doesn't do much against Florida? Sound off...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Concerned.

BTW, I'm not a conspiracy type guy. This post is just to provoke conversation...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I am not really concerned at this point. If he was out partying in the Peg at minus -22 at 4 in the morning i think the B's would know about it. Sleeping in is a young kid type of thing, and he has got his warning. It's been made public, so no more excuses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's too early to speculate what will happen.  If there are no repeat incidents for the rest of the season, I'll be satisfied that he's addressed it in the manner that the team wanted him to. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Why would you be looking for excuses or reading between the lines if Tyler has no points in the Florida game ? I would be more concerned if the Bruins had given Tyler a free pass for missing a team meeting. I'm trying to understand why posters might think the benching was a big deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree PC did the right thing making him sit. The part(s) that worry me are: 1) this wasn't the first time; and 2) the explanation of what happened seems fishy... alarm clock on Boston time? no wake up call? teammate didn't wake him?

About the Florida game, I only mentioned it because many posters here predicted him to have a big game in response.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

And, the Seguin story seems more interesting to me than naming the 4 conferences, the availability of Kaberle or Crosby missing a few more games...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seguin has missed the bell twice to class.  He got a detention.  The question remains though is this a small part of a larger issue of immaturity.  I mentioned "Big Baby" Seguin in another thread in that Bball player was given a mulligan or pass only to find out there was a larger issue like the playoffs last year.  I am quite sure there is a logical excuse Tyler, and it will not happen again.  Inquistively, I do not remember Stamkos being benched for missing a team meeting/meal at the same age.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I don't think it's a big deal.  Maybe it was just an honest mistake with setting the alarm clock, or maybe he did decide to go out and have some fun upon checking into the hotel.  At 19 you can bounce back pretty quickly from a long night of partying.  If it was the latter, and we'll never know one way or the other, now that he has been punished and shamed, he'll probably think twice about doing something similar in the future.

Whatever this was though, if it was part of a pattern in his behavior, continuing to get away with it would probably be the worst thing that could happen.  Now that he's been caught and called out on it in front of his teammates and the media, I don't think it will happen again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Alarm clock, wake up call and Roommate.
    All things to consider when a breakfast meeting is happening. Would Seguin ignore these helpers? Maybe that is why he was benched. If so, let's hope he learned his lesson and gets his A$$ out of bed.
    Being young and testing the authority is always the way of life. Now the ruling hand has fallen. Let's see what unfolds next time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

This wasn't the first time, I suspect last year when he was sat for "the flu" was another occasion.

In Response to Re: Concerned.:
    [QUOTE]I am not really concerned at this point. If he was out partying in the Peg at minus -22 at 4 in the morning i think the B's would know about it. Sleeping in is a young kid type of thing, and he has got his warning. It's been made public, so no more excuses.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He must have had Kozmo Kramer as his alarm clock

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]This wasn't the first time, I suspect last year when he was sat for "the flu" was another occasion. In Response to Re: Concerned. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    Are you saying when he sat for "the flu", he was hungover or he just slept in? I am just asking your opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The team said he had the flu (this was the two games he missed together), he told the media he was fine. That's some sorta disconnect. I suspect it was missing a meeting or something similar.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerned. : Are you saying when he sat for "the flu", he was hungover or he just slept in? I am just asking your opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In my opinion, your thread is as weak as they come.  Essentially, you are attempting to override what many Bruins' professionals have already squashed.  However, your ever important baseless sentiment wants to do the same to them.  Of course, your offering is nothing more than a feeling about something that does not come with a lot of additional infomarmation.  Yeah, people who pass judgements based on baseless sentiments are not providing a service.

Personally, I am more concerned about certain fans attempting to create a situation based on baseless sentiment(s).  Are you really a Bruins fan?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree, sounds reasonable.Two games sounds a little steep though for sleeping in, although they were sitting him a bit anyway last year, and this might have been a chance to discipline him without telling the real story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I'm concerned but for a different reason.  Can you imagine at 19 years old sleeping in and it making the news?  granted i wasn't making millions however thats a small red flag.

i like that they benched him but i dont like how they made it public.  I think they humiliated him, not sure that was a great call.  Every time the camera showed him i got a sort of "spoiled brat" feeling,  probably shouldve kept it internal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

What were they too say, he had the "flu"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]What were they too say, he had the "flu"?

Lie possibly, flu, upper body injury, healthy scratch, no comment,  i don't really care, but  i think it shouldve been kept internal.  now if it has been a few times and this was the final straw then i'm good with the embarrassment and at the same time way less excited about tyler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think after a few "passes", the B's thought the time was right to make it public. I see no problem with it, and overall see it as no big deal. Everyone will move on and Tyler can resume playing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerned. : Lie possibly, flu, upper body injury, healthy scratch, no comment,  i don't really care, but  i think it shouldve been kept internal.  now if it has been a few times and this was the final straw then i'm good with the embarrassment and at the same time way less excited about tyler.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Claude already came out and said that this has happened MORE than a few times.  What is unclear is if that is just this season or if that includes last season as well.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Tyler doesn't do breakfast.

Besides, the morning is the best time to rest up his hips. You know, the one's that are congenitally predisposed?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The drinking age in Canada is 18, yes? He went out, got hammered and then overslept. Maybe not even at the team hotel.Claude said this has happened more than a few times. Sitting his immature a$$ in the press box was an appropriate response. If the kid is really a problem we'll hear more about it down the road. I suspect he will improve his behaviour now that he's basically been called out publicly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For public consumption, PC said it was an 'honest mistake'.  I think the whole alarm clock thing - both the reality of it happening and the mistake about time zones - sound exactly like what a 19yr old would do when he's done something wrong irresponsible and can't really tell you why.  I'd end up in that situation all the time when I was that age: "how could you have been so stupid!" was the most common question I had to answer.  I never really could.  My wife still asks me that sometimes, and I still haven't figured it out.  Maybe I should blame time zones? "What made you think it was a good idea to get this drunk?" "I thought I was on Mountain Standard time.  Honest mistake!"

Point is, I do think it's just a maturity issue and he needs to be reminded that, while we understand that he's still a kid in a lot of ways, he will be held accountable like an adult being paid $3M (potentially) to be responsible.  No reason to start worrying that he's ordering chicken to the bench - that's Claude's job.  (I still love that avatar with him eating a bucket of chicken, no matter which troll steals it.)