Congradulation to the Providence Bruins for finishing first in the AHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Congradulation to the Providence Bruins for finishing first in the AHL

I thought we could all use some good news.   Providence has clinched first in the AHL.

http://theahl.com/bruins-wrap-up-overall-points-title-p183311

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Congradulation to the Providence Bruins for finishing first in the AHL

First AHL goal for Jared Knight, too.  Today's a day of Bruin firsts - first Yeti, first Knight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good looking young team.

Spooner:  20

Krug:  21

Cunningham:  21

Svedberg:  23

Hopefully a couple of these guys can make the move up next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Really telling?  Young team that struggled to score early, played better and better defensively without a superstar prospect in the group, got top notch goaltending.  Sound at all familiar?  That's good organizational design.  Knight's putting up points, now, too, and Cross may be slow, but so was Craig Ramsay and he had a pretty decent career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Plenty of talent to look forward to in the future.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for the post OrrtheBest !  Good to see we have some good talent coming along...PS : does anyone know if Providence Bruins are steamed online ?  It would be good to watch...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Thanks for the post OrrtheBest !  Good to see we have some good talent coming along...PS : does anyone know if Providence Bruins are steamed online ?  It would be good to watch...

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Really telling?  Young team that struggled to score early, played better and better defensively without a superstar prospect in the group, got top notch goaltending.  Sound at all familiar?  That's good organizational design.  Knight's putting up points, now, too, and Cross may be slow, but so was Craig Ramsay and he had a pretty decent career.

speaking of Craig Ramsay, my buddy and I were discussing yesterday his whereabouts these days after getting jettisoned from Winnipeg(no pun intended)?..he would look good back behind the bench with the B's....with or without Claude?(Ruff??)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The current coaching in Providence has been solid. We sure miss Rammer behind the Boston bench

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yep and great win last night 3-0 ...I wonder what is happening with KoKko ??   He had a great start a 2 goals game at his 2nd game I think and nothing since then ???.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah.. con-grad (?) to them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

great to see this team put it together, im hoping i can get some coverage of there playoffs here in canada

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bourque-Spooner-Tardif

Caron-Camper-Cunningham

Florek-Hanson-Robins

MacKinnon-Whitfield-Knight

Krug-Exelby (Cohen)

Trotman-Cross

Warsofsky-Miller (Casto)

That's how the lines have looked. Khokhlachev has had a couple of healthy scratches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The team also gets Subban, Griffith, and Camara next year. Things are looking good for Providence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fallstrom and Lindblad have been playing, too, so there must be a pretty robust rotation going on right now.  Both have added more offense than Khokhlachev - just for those who looked at his OHL stats and thought he should have jumped straight to Boston, or that he should be untouchable in trade.  Spooner, Tardif and Bourque all sat yesterday.  Hanson too.  That's a lot of depth for an AHL team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Saw a game at the Dunk earlier in the year and a game in Woostah last month. Young and much improved from the beginning of the season. Thats what you want to see. I think it will serve a lot of them well to play together again next season too with maybe 1-2 spots open on the parent club. I think a lot of players get promoted too quickly from the AHL, but another year older/stronger and another year of experience will be amazing for Svedberg (maybe promoted), Spooner (another maybe), Krug (maybe a maybe), Cunningham, Knight, et al. Liking the farm system and another feather in PC's cap.

PS. $32 for 100-level playoff tickets that start next Friday... awesome deal for some great hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Finished the year with another win to put them at 50 total. Currently on a 9 game win streak. They certainly seem to be peaking at the right time. Hopefully that continues through the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Spooner with the hat trick and one, pushing to get to the point/game mark!  Kid's hot last night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Chiarelli legacy is growing, whether you want to give him credit for this or not.  Draft picks are coming around, he made the coaching change that was apparently needed, his best d-man appears to be an NCAA free-agent signing, and he hasn't overpaid for an NHL rental by dumping prospects and young talent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Cross reminds me of Mcquade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good looking young team.

Spooner:  20

Krug:  21

Cunningham:  21

Svedberg:  23

Hopefully a couple of these guys can make the move up next season.

I think Svedberg, Krug and Spooner make the team next year.

Krug replaces ference, Spooner to third line wing , Svedberg takes over for Khudobin, who gets a starting gig elsewhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Khokhlachev has had a couple of healthy scratches.

Is this just a numbers game or is his play lacking?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Khokhlachev has had a couple of healthy scratches.

Is this just a numbers game or is his play lacking?

Bit of both as Book pointed out. Buddy of mine, who still lives were I grew up, handles some marketing for the Dunk said that the same is with Cassidy as is with Julien. You're man scores a goal on you, you're getting nailed to the bench, apparently Khokhlachev has been a little slow getting back sometimes.

Khokhlachev will play in the playoffs though and I bet he gets some TOI against Ottawa that last Sunday makeup game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Bit of both as Book pointed out. Buddy of mine, who still lives were I grew up, handles some marketing for the Dunk said that the same is with Cassidy as is with Julien. You're man scores a goal on you, you're getting nailed to the bench, apparently Khokhlachev has been a little slow getting back sometimes.

Khokhlachev will play in the playoffs though and I bet he gets some TOI against Ottawa that last Sunday makeup game.

Good to hear he is learning the right lessons especially if he is to join the big club in the near future.

Very happy and surprised at the season the P-Bruins have put together. Such a boon for an already strong organization.

Here's to a nice, long playoff run for both teams!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And Camara, Subban and Griffith come in next year to this squad!