Congrats Winnipeg!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Re: Congrats Winnipeg!!

Congrats to Winnipeg I'm glad they have a team back............now they need to close up shop on Phoenix and Miami lets bring back Nordiques and Whalers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Thanks everybody for your kind words. Now if the bruins win the
    stanley cup That would be perfect. Too many Vancouver fans
    here for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

7100 season tics. sold General public not yet involved.Reason i`m posting
    on Boston Bruin site I`m A Bruin @ Patriot Fan.  I would name em  Manitoba Patriots         

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!!:
    [QUOTE]Anyone hear the interview this afternoon with Craig Ramsey on THE FAN 590's Prime Time Sports?  He said as of right now, he does not know if he is the coach of Winnipeg's team as Don Waddell who hired him, is staying in Atlanta.  The new ownership is said to be on the verge of hiring a replacement who may want to bring in his own guy.  He said he was largely kept out of the loop regarding the sale of the team and only found out it was official through a group email and a friend who lives here in Toronto.  No Atlanta management informed him of anything.  Says he only heard rumours like everyone else.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, that will be a shame if Ramsey is to lose his gig as head coach unless........maybe he can be rehired in Boston as defensive coach.He seemed good for the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!! : RHO, that will be a shameif Ramsey is to lose his gig as head coach unless........maybe he can be rehired in Boston as defensive coach.He seemed good for the team.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Dawg, dez - Ramsey told Bob McCown, the host of Prime Time Sports that he had no idea if he will be retained as no team brass has communicated anything to him.  He said he understood the business side is of the utmost importance and with his usual class had nothing but platitudes for the former and new ownership. 

He mentioned with Kane, Bagosian, Byfuglien and Little they have a quality core that he'd love to take to the next level.  I think you guys are bang on in your suggestions it would be an error to let Ramsey go.  That club was in playoff contention until a mid-winter swoon had them fall out of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dawg, dez - Ramsey told Bob McCown, the host of Prime Time Sports that he had no idea if he will be retained as no team brass has communicated anything to him.  He said he understood the business side is of the utmost importance and with his usual class had nothing but platitudes for the former and new ownership.  He mentioned with Kane, Bagosian, Byfuglien and Little they have a quality core that he'd love to take to the next level.  I think you guys are bang on in your suggestions it would be an error to let Ramsey go.  That club was in playoff contention until a mid-winter swoon had them fall out of it.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I think Winnipeg would be hard-pressed to come up with a better coach for a young team. If they decide not to retain him, I'll be very interested in seeing who they feel would do better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

I would definable keep Ramsey (Bruin Trained) Lets beat Vancouver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

sold out inside 15 minutes. and 14,000 tickets spoken for on the waiting list (maxed out at 10,000 individual people).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]sold out inside 15 minutes. and 14,000 tickets spoken for on the waiting list (maxed out at 10,000 individual people).
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

That was Incredible!! Just heard Dudley And Ramsey likely won`t be
    retained

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]sold out inside 15 minutes. and 14,000 tickets spoken for on the waiting list (maxed out at 10,000 individual people).
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It took the Thrashers nine months to sell 12,000.  Let's hope quality drafting and decent play can sustain the fan's exuberance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]For this year teams in that conference will be playing in Winnipeg.  They likely alter things in a years time.  Possibly welcoming the RedWings to the Eastern Conference. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I think the NHL will leave Detroit where it is, and instead move one of the throwaway teams over like Nashville or Columbus.  Afterall, a throwaway team from the East is headed west.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!! : It took the Thrashers nine months to sell 12,000.  Let's hope quality drafting and decent play can sustain the fan's exuberance.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed.They just bought themselves a five year window, due to the length of the season ticket contracts, to make this team competitive. After that, they'll need quality player development and on-ice performance to sustain this level of excitement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!! : Agreed.They just bought themselves a five year window, due to the length of the season ticket contracts, to make this team competitive. After that, they'll need quality player development and on-ice performance to sustain this level of excitement.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that any team could draft 1,2,1,2,8 and not somehow have a decent core and make the playoffs consistently!  Yeah, Stefan was a disaster, but overall, they should have been better with those picks.