Congratulations Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Congratulations Boston

Hard to write that.

But congratulations Bruins. You played superior hockey in the finals and truly deserved to win this series. You were sensation in Boston, and was amazed at the difference between games in Vancouver and Boston. In Boston you were frankly unstoppable.

I'm very disappointed in seeing my Canucks lose in the finals. To get so close is heartbreaking.

However I'm more disappointed, which isn't a strong enough word on the actions of the rioters. This is a disgrace to our city, and sends exactly the wrong message to the global community. It happened in '94 which I don't have much memory of. But good God the police should have been prepared for this scenario. I can't believe that they were not.

These rioters should be made to pay for what they have done to the property that they have damaged. It's just so unacceptable. It's embarrassing and hurts the majority of the citizens of Vancouver and British Columbia. It's just horrible beyond words.

Please do not take pleasure in this, don't take any sort of joy or delight. Remember two of your players, Hamill and Lucic are from Vancouver. Think of them if you are happy and having a laugh at Vancouvers expense because of these events.

Well done Boston. Excellent win and it's nice to see a team that hasn't won the Stanley Cup in eons take it home.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Re: Congratulations Boston

RU, thank you for your post and I'm sorry that a few bad apples have really put such a stain on your city. Do not be surprised to see the Canucks right back in the thick of things nexts season. Bruins too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its great to see a true hockey fan post after there team became the stanley cup runner up. It was also to see man of the Van fans show respect to the ST winners after the game. Sad to see the riot there and some of the highlights on the news were not pretty. Good luck to you next year RU

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I am a loyal Canadian bruins fan but love BC country and their easy going people. Last night the rioters should severely be punished for their actions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Congratulations to the Bruins. They played an exceptional game last night and they deserved to win. As fans you have a team you can be proud of. I hope you focus on that and take it forward leaving behind the pettiness towards the fans of the Canucks because they, too, had a great team to be proud of. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Thanks RU. Class act as usual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations Boston:
    [QUOTE]RU, Thank you, I know it must be difficult to come on to this board and give the winners thier due after your squad fell short. Class act indeed. It was a hard fought series, neither team nor thier fans, can be or should be dissapointed with the effort given by both squads. It was an epic series... As for the drunken knuckle heads that decided to use this opportunity to vent and destroy public property, they'll get what's coming to them, It doesn't change my opin of the city, becasue every city has thier share of them...what many of them fail to realize in thier drunken stupor, is that today the police are combing through the video's to identify them and soon they'll be knocking on thier doors... That said, the shame of it is that instead of talking about hockey, and the great run the Cunucks went on this year. The national press and international press are running the riots as the lead story...Ugly....Today as the sun rises, the city managers have to do damage control and once more work to rebuild the city's image...I too wonder why the Vancouver police and for that matter the Canadian Guard weren't out in force after the 1994 riots. It can't be that diffcult to mobilize a force and have them ready?
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

That's what I hate. Hockey gets absolutely no coverage in Australia at all. It's televised on Cable TV but that's it. And then it's one game a week, except for the finals. Of course when I was living in Canada it was treated as a religion. And it still is like that.

But this stupid Riot has gotten a lot of coverage in Australia, in all forms of media. It's just bad for Hockey and a blight on my home town. It's just left a horrible taste in my mouth.

You're so right. The Authorities should have been prepared for this. But thanks to CCTV and the like hopefully a lot of the rioters can be identified and charged with the appropriate offenses.

Was in tears seeing the story in regards to the riot/s the loss I can live with. It's a game, we played hard, and gave it our best shot. Nothing to be ashamed of. But this riot. It's just heartbreaking and it still is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

RUWorthy= Class act and stand up individual.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I read a comment in the Vancouver Sun that said 1,000's of photos are being sent in to the police. The police have also set up a FB page and are encouraging people to post their photos. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Not much of a hockey fan....but job well done. Congrats Bruins!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

Ya the Sedins "vegetarian" bit after game 1 was a bad Idea

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]Good post. Not to be a jerk, but I think the Canucks need to learn from their arrogance, petty behavior, immaturity and lack of leadership.  Without improving on this, they won't win. I say this about the NY Jets in the NFL. Constant yapping, disrespect, and an apparent insecurity tied to entitlement. You have to be a team and EARN it. Look at Lebron and the Heat.  Won't work. You'll never win anything when you have immature people who lack leadership. It starts at the top with Vigneault. I thought he showed a lack of leadership which channeled down to the players.  They all act like they own the NHL and don't respect the game or the code. They need to address that aspect and I think they are right back in it. Also, I think Luongo is a loser.  Again, not trying to be a jerk. But, I always felt he was completely overrated, almost in love with himself. Deal him if you can and let Schneider run with it. Good luck next year.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

lol, you should have stopped typing after the first sentence. you couldn't just say thank you? geeez

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]No, I couldn't.  I haven't seen such arrogance and disrespect from one opponent to another in my life. I am also trying to help her feel better.   Fans there need to put it back in Gillis's lap to make changes. That team didn't deserve to win and the quicker their fans realize that, putting the accountability on the core, the front office and Vigneault, the better. You can be a realist about it or not.  I would have been mortified if my team behaved that way.  It's pretty tough to outdo Montreal, but Vancouver just did. This gal seems like a good fan. Classy post, but it's hard to pretend the elephant in the room (Vancouver's behavior) didn't exist the last 2 weeks.

guess you don't have to be gracious when you're the king. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]Good post. Not to be a jerk, but I think the Canucks need to learn from their arrogance, petty behavior, immaturity and lack of leadership.  Without improving on this, they won't win. I say this about the NY Jets in the NFL. Constant yapping, disrespect, and an apparent insecurity tied to entitlement. You have to be a team and EARN it. Look at Lebron and the Heat.  Won't work. You'll never win anything when you have immature people who lack leadership. It starts at the top with Vigneault. I thought he showed a lack of leadership which channeled down to the players.  They all act like they own the NHL and don't respect the game or the code. They need to address that aspect and I think they are right back in it. Also, I think Luongo is a loser.  Again, not trying to be a jerk. But, I always felt he was completely overrated, almost in love with himself. Deal him if you can and let Schneider run with it. Good luck next year.

VERY good points, adding to a classy post by RU. And yes, sadly, every city is capable of such houliganism, even the beautiful and stately Vancouver, which I have visited often, always enjoyed, and always considered very safe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Thanks for the post. Of course there are many great great hockey fans in both wonderful cities.

As always, there will be some punks ruining it for the majority, but in the spirit of sportsmanship, thanks for posting this. I feel sorry, the images are giving your town a black eye. We know that is the exception not the rule down here. Please know that any jerks down here badmouthing your team, city, and country are no friends of mine. I love your country.

It was a series beyond bizzare. Congrats to your Canucks. I have a strong feeling they will be near the top of the heap for a long time to come. Outside of LaPierre, I like your team and hope you guys use this like the B's did with last 2 years' heartwrenching losses.

Best to all.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Class act, RU.  Thanks and thanks to your hometown Vancouver for having such passion for the game of hockey and their hometown heroes.  It makes everything better when teams have passionate fans.

Don't be ashamed of the riots.  You didn't do it and it in NO WAY reflects on the city of Vancouver.  I'm a New Yorker by birth (Albany), a Bostonian by heritage and heart (both sides of the family), New Englander by marriage (my wife), and lifelong lover of all things baseball and hockey.  But I will say this: I am in love with the GREAT WHITE NORTH!  I love Canada so much that I've actually asked my wife if she'd ever be interested in moving north to Kingston Ontario or Toronto.  Unbelievable fishing, hunting, sports, food, and people.  Amazing beer, AMAZING FRIENDLY people, and... were I not married to a most beautiful Bostonian Beauty... the most amazing women.

A lot of dumba$$ Americans talk smack about Canada this and that.  One day they'll learn how wrong they are and by then it will be too late, for they've lost precious time not enjoying one of the most beautiful countries on Earth.

Go Canada! Go City of Vancouver! Go Bruins!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Thanks, RU. I have visited Vancouver a few times, and have to say it's a world-class city. The harbor ringed with mountains is as beautiful a sight as you'd ever want to see. I agree with the King about leadership. Bergeron said he went to Recchi with his concerns and nerves, and was reassured. Recchi had been there. Thornton, Campbell, Peverly, Marchand_the list goes on, leading by example.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks RU. I now live in your hometown, and it's a pretty heartwrenching day here in the aftermath of the riots. It just completely baffles me. If it makes you feel any better, it appears that the majority of those arrested so far are not actually from Van, but rather are from the burbs- Burnaby, Surrey, Richmond. I suppose it's easier to destroy part of a city if you don't actually live in it.